Post #1851 by AD » Wed May 15, 2019 1:42 pm

But I'm still on team Kamala.
Dog
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 1689 times
Received rep: 74 times

Re: The Real Murka: Fuck You Thread

Post #1852 by Dog » Wed May 15, 2019 2:53 pm

Dr_Chimera wrote:Need energy efficient green wall.

Green nukes to save and preserve the world.
Dr_Chimera
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 171 times
Received rep: 518 times

Post #1853 by Dr_Chimera » Wed May 15, 2019 3:13 pm

AD wrote:But I'm still on team Kamala.

I have some bad news...
Dr_Chimera
Registered Broad

Post #1854 by Dr_Chimera » Wed May 15, 2019 3:16 pm

AD wrote:Warren > Sanders > Harris > *

On domestic policy stuff Warren is pretty decent. More concrete than Sanders much of the time.

But one time out of five she does or says something that doesn't align with the progressive label. Her foreign policy views are rather conventional, particularly on Israel: https://theintercept.com/2014/08/28/eli ... -netanyahu
Dr_Chimera
Registered Broad

Post #1855 by Dr_Chimera » Wed May 15, 2019 7:51 pm

Imagine a bolshevik revolution in which all of these guys are shot execution style.

mayoradamwest
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 389 times
Received rep: 219 times

Post #1856 by mayoradamwest » Wed May 15, 2019 8:22 pm

Always amazed how those guys hate social programs to help kids as much as they do abortions
mayoradamwest
Registered Broad

Post #1857 by mayoradamwest » Wed May 15, 2019 8:46 pm

What is it about the abortion issue that it has managed to stay alive, so prominently for so long? Is it just church influence?
mayoradamwest
Registered Broad

Post #1858 by mayoradamwest » Wed May 15, 2019 8:46 pm

It's the Israel of domestic politics
chicpea
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 813 times
Received rep: 545 times

Post #1859 by chicpea » Wed May 15, 2019 9:11 pm

mayoradamwest wrote:Always amazed how those guys hate social programs to help kids as much as they do abortions

The Republican party has always been a mean-spirited club of assholes who actively seek to hurt other people who do not wish to be subjugated by their insular views on living life. CPC is not nearly as bad, but shares some latent tendencies; and some of its members are just as bad. I'm sure you know this. I'm just spouting because what is happening there is so patently absurd and also repugnant in its regression of liberal thought and civil rights.
mayoradamwest
Registered Broad

Post #1860 by mayoradamwest » Wed May 15, 2019 9:24 pm

chicpea wrote:
mayoradamwest wrote:Always amazed how those guys hate social programs to help kids as much as they do abortions

The Republican party has always been a mean-spirited club of assholes who actively seek to hurt other people who do not wish to be subjugated by their insular views on living life. CPC is not nearly as bad, but shares some latent tendencies; and some of its members are just as bad. I'm sure you know this. I'm just sp
outing because what is happening there is so patently absurd and also repugnant in its regression of liberal thought and civil rights.

Sam Oosterhof lives in my province

Abortion is one of the only consistent anchors of conservatism left, I just find it odd.
Germz
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 118 times
Received rep: 108 times

Post #1861 by Germz » Wed May 15, 2019 10:15 pm

Pretty simple IMO. Thou shalt not kill is one of the ten commandments.

The real question is why they don't start cutting off the hands of thieves or stoning adulterers to death. Those are part of the second table too.
Germz
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 118 times
Received rep: 108 times

Post #1862 by Germz » Wed May 15, 2019 10:21 pm

(Obviously it's because every single political leader of the American religious Right is, unfailingly, an adulterous cheat, while only a select few have actually murdered people with their bare hands)
PredsFan77
Has given rep: 152 times
Received rep: 495 times

Post #1863 by PredsFan77 » Wed May 15, 2019 11:48 pm

mayoradamwest wrote:What is it about the abortion issue that it has managed to stay alive, so prominently for so long? Is it just church influence?

Got to get the religious right to vote for the repubs somehow
CDX.NA.IG.9

[LEFT]Image[/LEFT]
shredz
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 2269 times
Received rep: 1136 times

Post #1864 by shredz » Thu May 16, 2019 1:44 am

TittiesNBeer wrote:She really is the best candidate, but she has a very slim chance of actually winning.

We're going to see just how tefloned up The Don is. 4 more. :why:
shredz
Registered Broad

Post #1865 by shredz » Thu May 16, 2019 1:48 am

mayoradamwest wrote:It's the Israel of domestic politics

Israel is a part of the equation. Christian-Zionist alliance is getting stronger as ever as the far right evangelical israel firsters feel backed against a corner with blood thirsty immigrants and arab lepurs take over America.

Iran Threat Debate Is Set Off by Images of Missiles at Sea
The intelligence that caused the White House to escalate its warnings about a threat from Iran came from photographs of missiles on small boats in the Persian Gulf that were put on board by Iranian paramilitary forces, three American officials said.

Overhead imagery showed fully assembled missiles, stoking fears that the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps would fire them at United States naval ships. Additional pieces of intelligence picked up threats against commercial shipping and potential attacks by Arab militias with Iran ties on American troops in Iraq.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/15/worl ... r-usa.html
shredz
Registered Broad

Post #1866 by shredz » Thu May 16, 2019 2:08 am

This is the most sense Fox has made. Trump is watching. Tucker saves America.
mooseOAK
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 40 times
Received rep: 350 times

Post #1867 by mooseOAK » Thu May 16, 2019 9:07 am

mayoradamwest wrote:What is it about the abortion issue that it has managed to stay alive, so prominently for so long? Is it just church influence?

Even candidates for mayor which is a position that has no effect on the law are asked for their position on abortion.
AD
Has given rep: 586 times
Received rep: 675 times

Post #1868 by AD » Thu May 16, 2019 10:06 am

MAW, anti-abortion advocates generally believe that life starts at conception (or around that time). They believe that the foetus is a human being thats just residing in a woman, not that it is cells, living there. They see abortion as the same as killing a 1 year old.

If you thought your neighbors and co-citizens etc. were actually murdering babies. And you thought the government was ok with this, you would make it your life work to fight this.

The logic is easier seen with this scenario: the murder of of babies under 6 months old is allowed.

Lets say that was a rule, would you be ok with it MAW? And if a political party said: "uhm.. no thats wrong, we shouldn't allow parents to murder their 3, 4, 5 month old babies". You'd probably think that was a rational platform.

Thats the way they view it. And thats why this issue cannot go away.

For the record, I'm fine with murdering anyone under age 1 and anyone over age 70 (sorry Klingsor).
mayoradamwest
Registered Broad

Post #1869 by mayoradamwest » Thu May 16, 2019 11:04 am

Yeah, but the movement should have fallen apart at some point. I guess the pro baby killing lobby is just ineffective,
AD
Has given rep: 586 times
Received rep: 675 times

Post #1870 by AD » Thu May 16, 2019 11:20 am

mayoradamwest wrote:Yeah, but the movement should have fallen apart at some point. I guess the pro baby killing lobby is just ineffective,

"The pro-killing of pre-schoolers movement should have been more effective in making the anti-killing of toddler movement fall apart"
senate
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 262 times
Received rep: 489 times

Post #1871 by senate » Thu May 16, 2019 11:58 am

mayoradamwest wrote:Yeah, but the movement should have fallen apart at some point. I guess the pro baby killing lobby is just ineffective,

The right-wing media, evangelical churches, and the Republican party never stop talking about abortion. Abortion makes social conservatives angry and the angrier social conservatives get, the more they listen, spend, and vote.
mayoradamwest
Registered Broad

Post #1872 by mayoradamwest » Thu May 16, 2019 11:58 am

I blame coca cola.
mooseOAK
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 40 times
Received rep: 350 times

Post #1873 by mooseOAK » Thu May 16, 2019 1:23 pm

senate wrote:

The right-wing media, evangelical churches, and the Republican party never stop talking about abortion. Abortion makes social conservatives angry and the angrier social conservatives get, the more they listen, spend, and vote.

Yup, they start off the day with Rush Limbaugh on the radio and end it with Sean Hannity at night for non-stop liberal hatin’ all day.
klingsor
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 11 times
Received rep: 12 times

Post #1874 by klingsor » Thu May 16, 2019 1:41 pm

I'm pro-choice in most cases, but mandatory abortion and sterilzation for the "deplorables".
mayoradamwest
Registered Broad

Post #1875 by mayoradamwest » Thu May 16, 2019 2:27 pm

Abortions for some, miniature American flags for others
mayoradamwest
Registered Broad

Post #1876 by mayoradamwest » Wed May 22, 2019 9:40 pm

Trump loses 1st round in fight to get tax return
chicpea
Registered Broad

Post #1877 by chicpea » Wed May 22, 2019 10:16 pm

I would say these are fairly significant words. Surprised they didn't get top billing. That went instead to Trump's predictable reaction.

We do believe it is important to follow the facts, that no one is above the law, including the president of the United States. And we believe that the president of the United States is engaged in a cover-up. A cover-up. And that was the nature of the meeting."

- Speaker Pelosi
Dr_Chimera
Registered Broad

Post #1878 by Dr_Chimera » Wed May 22, 2019 10:51 pm

What cover up.
shredz
Registered Broad

Post #1879 by shredz » Wed May 22, 2019 11:34 pm

He doesn't do those.
PredsFan77

Post #1880 by PredsFan77 » Wed May 22, 2019 11:47 pm

yall spend too much time talkin bout america when terry may's government is about to blow up this weekend
CDX.NA.IG.9

[LEFT]Image[/LEFT]
shredz
Registered Broad

Post #1881 by shredz » Wed May 22, 2019 11:47 pm

During the interview, Avenatti cried on four separate occasions, including when he talked about the call he made to his mother after he was arrested. “You never want to call your mother and tell her that you’re in custody,” he said, his voice dipping into a near-whisper as it broke. “And you especially don’t want to call and tell her you’re in custody when she’s already seen it all over the news because they’ve had a fucking press conference.” He paused. “But live by the sword, die by the sword.”

It was not until February, four months into their dating, that she said he became physically abusive. It was his birthday, and he had wanted to spend the night before going out with a friend who was in town. She went out separately with her friends, and when Avenatti returned to his apartment and saw that she was not yet home, he texted her, asking where she was. She said she told him that she would be home in an hour. When she got there, she said she could tell that he was drunk. She had been drinking, too, and he laid into her. “He was upset that I could be so disrespectful and selfish, on his birthday. If he texts me that he’s home, he told me that I should come right away and that that’s how relationships work.” She had gotten into bed before he jumped up and started yelling at her to “get the fuck out. Get the fuck out” of the apartment. “I don’t want you here tonight,” he told her. When she got up to leave, she said, he literally threw her out the door into the hallway, where she hit her head on the wall. “I made excuses after that,” she said. “The excuse that time was that we were both drunk and emotional, and I really did not believe that he would do something like that again.”

He did, though, she said. By early November, she had maxed out her credit card. She’d bought him a $500 limited-edition Yves Saint Laurent cologne (it “smelled so sexy,” she said) for their anniversary, though, she says, he had not gotten her anything. She had asked him for money because her accounts were overdrawn and she didn’t have enough cash to order food or put gas in her car. He had put $2,000 in her account on November 13, just before she went to work on set for a Snoop Dogg music video. It hadn’t yet cleared, so she had to ask one of the other girls to pay for her gas in order to get home at the end of the day. She took a shower, put on a T-shirt and underwear, and got into bed. In a letter to the district attorney’s office Avenatti’s lawyers sent last fall, he claimed that she had been drinking and doing drugs on set, a claim she denied. He also said that she had recently started taking Accutane, an acne medication he said could cause emotional distress. She said she had only been taking the drug for two days and had no problem with it whatsoever.

She was drained by the time Avenatti got home from drinks with a friend, but she told him she thought she needed to work more. She had been embarrassed having to ask for gas money, and she never wanted to feel that way again. He was sitting on the edge of the bed, she said, and he looked her right in the eye. “Goddammit,” she said he yelled, mimicking how he stood up in the bedroom as we sat in her lawyer’s office. “You motherfucking ungrateful bitch.” She went to the guest bedroom. He followed, she said. “Get the fuck out,” she recalled him saying. “You’re just ungrateful and disrespectful.” She started to text a friend to see if she could sleep there that night instead when he grabbed her phone. He put his hands on her shoulders, she said, and tried to force her out of the apartment. Her arms were slick from body oil after the shower and he couldn’t quite grip her. She saw that the window was open and started screaming for help, she says, when he got hold of one of her arms and dragged her first across the carpet and then across a hardwood floor. He opened the door and flung her into the hallway. “I was so shocked and shaking that I couldn’t even stand up. I reached up to ring the doorbell for the apartment across the hallway and he saw me. ‘Are you fucking insane?’ he said.” He pulled her back inside and she warned him that if he did not give her phone back and let her go, she would count to three and start screaming. She started to panic when he didn’t budge. “That’s when I really started to freak and I asked him to please not come any closer.” His demeanor immediately changed, she said. “He said, ‘Baby, come here. We’re so much better than this.’ I can’t even describe that moment and what his eyes looked like. Like a psychopath. All I could think was, He is going to hurt you.” She made her way to the guest bedroom, put on pants, and made a break for the door. The elevator did not come fast enough, she said, so she walked toward the service elevators, where she knew there were cameras. He got in with her, pleading with her to not do this. She went down to the security desk in the lobby, where the attendants ultimately called the police.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/05 ... l-avenatti

:donger:
TittiesNBeer
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 388 times
Received rep: 298 times

Re: RE: Re: The Real Murka: Fuck You Thread

Post #1882 by TittiesNBeer » Wed May 22, 2019 11:48 pm

Dr_Chimera wrote:What cover up.
PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPEEEE
Dr_Chimera
Registered Broad

Post #1883 by Dr_Chimera » Thu May 23, 2019 12:42 am

The now-defunct hfboreds politics board had some serious Avenatti fans. They were even posting his centrist policy stances and shit for when he would run as president. Hilarious that this happened.
mayoradamwest
Registered Broad

Post #1884 by mayoradamwest » Thu May 23, 2019 8:40 am

How was he not transparently sleazy to folks?
shredz
Registered Broad

Post #1885 by shredz » Thu May 23, 2019 8:56 am

Trump has set the bar very low. He should be working at a Honda dealership.
PredsFan77

Post #1886 by PredsFan77 » Thu May 23, 2019 9:04 am

What’s wrong with Honda
CDX.NA.IG.9

[LEFT]Image[/LEFT]
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #1887 by Dog » Thu May 23, 2019 10:45 am

Dr_Chimera wrote:What cover up.

Putin.
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #1888 by Dog » Thu May 23, 2019 10:47 am

mayoradamwest wrote:How was he not transparently sleazy to folks?

Enemy’s enemy + people are dumb.
senate
Registered Broad

Post #1889 by senate » Thu May 23, 2019 4:45 pm

The summer reruns have started.

senate
Registered Broad

Post #1890 by senate » Thu May 23, 2019 7:20 pm

mayoradamwest
Registered Broad

Post #1891 by mayoradamwest » Thu May 23, 2019 8:32 pm

Such a stable genius thing to do.
chicpea
Registered Broad

Post #1892 by chicpea » Thu May 23, 2019 8:36 pm

mayoradamwest wrote:How was he not transparently sleazy to folks?

You been to the states in the last 50 years?
mayoradamwest
Registered Broad

Post #1893 by mayoradamwest » Thu May 23, 2019 9:05 pm

8(
PredsFan77

Post #1894 by PredsFan77 » Thu May 23, 2019 9:07 pm

senate wrote:https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1131658573300359169

i've never come across a Mercedes who is a white person, so thank you mister trump
CDX.NA.IG.9

[LEFT]Image[/LEFT]
chicpea
Registered Broad

Post #1895 by chicpea » Thu May 23, 2019 9:51 pm

mayoradamwest wrote:8(

Saw a group of 15 or so obese, gold-wearing, retiree tourists with mid-west drawls walking down Robson Street (of all places) today, and the only reason I didn't spit directly into their faces was because most of the men were wearing John Deere and not MAGA hats.

During the IRAQ war, that would not have stopped me. Fuck them all.
shredz
Registered Broad

Post #1896 by shredz » Thu May 23, 2019 9:58 pm

I was living in Florida during the Iraq war. In debate class, it was so easy to dismantle their redneck arguments for being there. Never seen an angrier bunch. The teachers the most.
PredsFan77

Post #1897 by PredsFan77 » Thu May 23, 2019 10:22 pm

Chi-raq
CDX.NA.IG.9

[LEFT]Image[/LEFT]
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #1898 by Dog » Fri May 24, 2019 9:00 am

mayoradamwest wrote:Such a stable genius thing to do.

How would you know? Are YOU an extremely stable genius, maw?
mayoradamwest
Registered Broad

Post #1899 by mayoradamwest » Fri May 24, 2019 9:27 am

No.... 8(
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #1900 by Dog » Fri May 24, 2019 9:31 am

Thought so. AD, please tell the others how calm I was in that exchange with maw.

Return to “Le mur de messages”