The Case of The Far-Left Fascists and The Statue of Gardens

..et d'autres discussions ennuyeuses
mayoradamwest
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 759 times
Received rep: 540 times

Re: The Case of The Far-Left Fascists and The Statue of Gardens

Post #6551 by mayoradamwest » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:04 pm

mooseOAK wrote:Wonder which swing state Trudeau targeted. It is what I would have done.

guessing Wisconsin? Michigan has a Dem governor.
mayoradamwest
Registered Broad

Post #6552 by mayoradamwest » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:05 pm

wait, so do they? I dunno, I still say Wisconsin
mayoradamwest
Registered Broad

Post #6553 by mayoradamwest » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:12 pm

so this histerctomy story.... ICE is now doing forced sterilizations, child abuse reports are rampant, they've been accused of rape and.... people are dying of covid.

At what point does this get compared to China and the Uygher?
mayoradamwest
Registered Broad

Post #6554 by mayoradamwest » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:45 pm

chicpea
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 2080 times
Received rep: 1384 times

Post #6555 by chicpea » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:03 pm

mooseOAK wrote:Wonder which swing state Trudeau targeted. It is what I would have done.

From what I read a few days ago, it was primarily Wisconsin - but I may be wrong.
jester
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 13 times
Received rep: 171 times

Post #6556 by jester » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:04 pm

mayoradamwest wrote:so this histerctomy story.... ICE is now doing forced sterilizations, child abuse reports are rampant, they've been accused of rape and.... people are dying of covid.

ICE has been a problem for a while ... and dissolving it and starting over is one of the leftist ideas that should be followed through on. It was a borderline rogue agency under Obama, and Trump let's them do what they want.

That said, supposedly the Intercept got the doctor on the line and he said that he's done a couple hysterectomies in the last year total. So, we shall see.
mooseOAK
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 73 times
Received rep: 534 times

Post #6557 by mooseOAK » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:02 pm

chicpea wrote:

From what I read a few days ago, it was primarily Wisconsin - but I may be wrong.

The state’s largest market was Canada. Wisconsin exported $7.0 billion in goods to Canada in 2018, representing 31 percent of the state’s total goods exports.

Canada was followed by Mexico ($3.5 billion), China ($1.6 billion), Germany ($814 million), and United Kingdom ($792 million).
mooseOAK
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 73 times
Received rep: 534 times

Post #6558 by mooseOAK » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:03 pm

jester wrote:
mayoradamwest wrote:so this histerctomy story.... ICE is now doing forced sterilizations, child abuse reports are rampant, they've been accused of rape and.... people are dying of covid.

ICE has been a problem for a while ... and dissolving it and starting over is one of the leftist ideas that should be followed through on. It was a borderline rogue agency under Obama, and Trump let's them do what they want.

That said, supposedly the Intercept got the doctor on the line and he said that he's done a couple hysterectomies in the last year total. So, we shall see.

ICE was created to protect America from terrorists flooding across the border but that never happened. So, they needed something else to do.
Slick Nick
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 2000 times
Received rep: 1386 times

Post #6559 by Slick Nick » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:57 am

This worse than creationsim.
Slick Nick
Registered Broad

Post #6560 by Slick Nick » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:05 am

Let me tell you how this works... you come up with one person who "alleges" things... then your free press writes about concentration camps... couple of weeks go by and you find out that a whole 8 hysterectomies have been performed on women with medical conditions. And that there was no such thing as uterus collections on migrants. No one cares because every one has forgotten about it. The small peice of appologies will be burried somewhere very deep in between a bunch of more important news.

The whole point of this disinformation campaing was to trigger you with the alleged nonesenses and the words concentration camp... so you remember that Trump is Hitler and that ICE is Auschwitz. Fascinating how grown men fall far such hazardous tactis....

The fact the story is true or not has absolutely no importance.. the important thing is that it will create a trace in your mind. They will correct it down the road... but for 95% of the people, it will stay as a truth because biases... how you can live in 2020 and not understand blatant propaganda like this is just beyond comprehension.
Craig
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 86 times
Received rep: 974 times

Post #6561 by Craig » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:14 am

Good ol' Nick, defending the concentration camps.
Slick Nick
Registered Broad

Post #6562 by Slick Nick » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:17 am

Craig wrote:Good ol' Nick, defending the concentration camps.

You must think that Arbery was a good kid jogging around to get back in shape when two rednecks suddenly jumped of their pick up and shot him... Yeah, that narative has been memory holed innit?
Slick Nick
Registered Broad

Post #6563 by Slick Nick » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:18 am

btw, wanna bet on the outcome of that issue?
Craig
Registered Broad

Post #6564 by Craig » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:23 am

The hysterectomy thing? I didn't even read the article because it sounded outlandish. But Nick, they're 100% concentration camps.
Craig
Registered Broad

Post #6565 by Craig » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:23 am

Slick Nick wrote:

You must think that Arbery was a good kid jogging around to get back in shape when two rednecks suddenly jumped of their pick up and shot him... Yeah, that narative has been memory holed innit?

Who?
Slick Nick
Registered Broad

Post #6566 by Slick Nick » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:39 am

Craig wrote:The hysterectomy thing? I didn't even read the article because it sounded outlandish. But Nick, they're 100% concentration camps.

*Concentration camps providing free health care for women with uterus traction issue
Craig
Registered Broad

Post #6567 by Craig » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:20 am

Sure, maybe. Like I said I didn't read the hysterectomy thing.
Shawnathan Horcoff
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 1225 times
Received rep: 1545 times

Post #6568 by Shawnathan Horcoff » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:12 am

I don’t know what to make of the hysterectomy allegations, but I’ll be damned if I’m not going to take any opportunity to shit on America.
god damn brewery
PPJ
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 95 times
Received rep: 283 times

Post #6569 by PPJ » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:46 am

Slick Nick wrote:

I recall the case a bit. Here are a couple of excerpts from what Wiki says:

On February 23, 2020, Ahmaud Marquez Arbery, an unarmed 25-year-old African-American man, was pursued and fatally shot while jogging near Brunswick in Glynn County, Georgia.[2][3][4] Arbery had been pursued by three white residents—Travis McMichael and his father Gregory, who were armed and driving a pickup truck,[5] and William "Roddie" Bryan, who followed Arbery in a second vehicle—and was confronted and fatally shot by Travis McMichael.[4][6] Arbery's killing and the delayed investigation and arrests of suspects sparked debates about the lack of racial equality in the United States. The case has been widely reported internationally.

On social media, far-right and neo-Nazi groups spread falsehoods about Arbery; their white-nationalist supporters attacked President Trump for his sympathetic comments regarding Arbery. They falsely claimed that Arbery was wielding a hammer and wearing boots when he was shot dead; Arbery was wearing running shoes. They spread racist remarks about Arbery, claiming the McMichaels were victims. Far-right groups said that the arrests of the McMichaels reflected a bias against whites.

What’s the real story Nick?
Dog
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 3020 times
Received rep: 745 times

Post #6570 by Dog » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:29 am

Last I heard Arbery was stealing IP by looking at a construction site.

:dunno:
mayoradamwest
Registered Broad

Post #6571 by mayoradamwest » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:43 am

The people who get really offended when you point out they're running concentration camps are interesting. Outraged at inhuman treatment? no. no. Let's get outraged at the allegation of inhuman treatment. cool beans.
mayoradamwest
Registered Broad

Post #6572 by mayoradamwest » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:44 am

For anyone who missed it, it's only really been covered in left wing rags like the ummm... BBC

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-54160638
jester
Registered Broad

Post #6573 by jester » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:20 am

Craig wrote:The hysterectomy thing? I didn't even read the article because it sounded outlandish. But Nick, they're 100% concentration camps.

A feminist academic I'm friends with on Facebook is very upset about this, and very upset that maybe we should pump the breaks a bit on this story. It just screams motivated reasoning and confirmation bias right now. ICE is godawful, but "mass hysterectomies" seems like a level of evil that's just a bit too far given the buy in you would have to get from licensed medical personnel (surgeons, etc.).
Craig
Registered Broad

Post #6574 by Craig » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:24 am

I read the BBC link above and it sounds like they have a credible whistle blower (nurse who worked there) and it merits an investigation, but it's not exactly damning yet. That's pretty much the angle the article took too, but they talked up the other, more believable and previously corroborated accusations more sternly.
Craig
Registered Broad

Post #6575 by Craig » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:27 am

From the sounds of it there's either a whack job doctor ripping out hymens every chance he gets, or there's a whack job former employee making shit up. It doesn't seem like there's an institutional forced-hysterectomy agenda on the table.

In conclusion, I feel I was right to not read the article the first go-round.
mayoradamwest
Registered Broad

Post #6576 by mayoradamwest » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:33 am

Craig wrote:From the sounds of it there's either a whack job doctor ripping out hymens every chance he gets, or there's a whack job former employee making shit up. It doesn't seem like there's an institutional forced-hysterectomy agenda on the table.

the hysterectomy thing is just a glass of water in a lake of shit. Might be there, might not... still a lake of shit.
jester
Registered Broad

Post #6577 by jester » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:33 am

Craig wrote:I read the BBC link above and it sounds like they have a credible whistle blower (nurse who worked there) and it merits an investigation, but it's not exactly damning yet. That's pretty much the angle the article took too, but they talked up the other, more believable and previously corroborated accusations more sternly.

Craig wrote:From the sounds of it there's either a whack job doctor ripping out hymens every chance he gets, or there's a whack job former employee making shit up. It doesn't seem like there's an institutional forced-hysterectomy agenda on the table.

Important point: the whistleblower was demoted in July (for missing work due to a COVID test, apparently) ... so, she's not exactly without reason to be pissed at them prior.

I buy a lot of the complaint. Healthcare in prisons is an abomination bordering on a human rights violation (if not already there) in the US, and I would assume that the situation is worse for ICE detainees. The hysterectomy side of this (which is getting the most attention) ... seems much fuzzier. They should investigate it for sure, but it's a lot of secondhand stuff there (e.g., "I talked to some women, and they said this was going on ... ") and so forth. That said, the thread on FB was quickly turning into comparisons with Nazi eugenics practices and the like ... and, pump the goddamn breaks people. There are plenty of whistleblower reports that sound like a big deal but turn out not to be.

If it is true that they performed a couple of hysterectomies over a couple of years ... that doesn't sound THAT odd assuming a decent size population of women that likely have not received strong healthcare attention throughout their lives to screen out small things from becoming big things.
jester
Registered Broad

Post #6578 by jester » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:34 am

mayoradamwest wrote:

the hysterectomy thing is just a glass of water in a lake of shit. Might be there, might not... still a lake of shit.

No ... if they were performing "mass" hysterectomies without consent at ICE facilities ... that would be a mountain of shit towering over the surrounding lake of shit at ICE.
mayoradamwest
Registered Broad

Post #6579 by mayoradamwest » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:36 am

that said, the USA (and Canada) have done fored sterilizations before, wouldn't shock me if they did it again.
mayoradamwest
Registered Broad

Post #6580 by mayoradamwest » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:41 am

jester wrote:
mayoradamwest wrote:

No ... if they were performing "mass" hysterectomies without consent at ICE facilities ... that would be a mountain of shit towering over the surrounding lake of shit at ICE.

you twice used "mass" in quotes, and are the only person using the word mass? Where did that come from?
Craig
Registered Broad

Post #6581 by Craig » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:42 am

Honestly, I'd be surprised if most of the rest wasn't true. Like squalid conditions and subpar medical care in a migrant detention centre? Yeah, no shit. Maybe they should get some credible oversight on these things instead of letting private companies with a profit motive run wild.

The most interesting thing in this report is actually that they're falsifying records. That would be pretty bad.
mayoradamwest
Registered Broad

Post #6582 by mayoradamwest » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:42 am

ctrl+F mass
jester
Registered Broad

Post #6583 by jester » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:44 am

mayoradamwest wrote:that said, the USA (and Canada) have done fored sterilizations before, wouldn't shock me if they did it again.

Oh, shit like this has happened. And, if true, everyone working there was perfectly fine with separating toddlers from their parents. So, yeah, it is conceivable ... given the moral void within ICE towards immigrants going back years.

That said, most of the headlines I have seen today have moved into the much more cautious framing of the story's more explosive claims. Which is good, it needs to get investigated out. At the same time, it's now become a political bludgeon, so there's that.
jester
Registered Broad

Post #6584 by jester » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:50 am

mayoradamwest wrote:
jester wrote:
mayoradamwest wrote:

you twice used "mass" in quotes, and are the only person using the word mass? Where did that come from?

That was the term the original reports were slapping on the whistleblower's claim that has caused the meltdown.
jester
Registered Broad

Post #6585 by jester » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:52 am

Craig wrote:Honestly, I'd be surprised if most of the rest wasn't true. Like squalid conditions and subpar medical care in a migrant detention centre? Yeah, no shit. Maybe they should get some credible oversight on these things instead of letting private companies with a profit motive run wild.

The most interesting thing in this report is actually that they're falsifying records. That would be pretty bad.

I have literally no doubt that there's some of that going on. Particularly with relatively minor stuff that will go away.

You can't really do that with a hysterectomy performed at an independent hospital. Probably the primary reason some caution is required in approaching this one, is that it has pretty severe implications for medical personnel that treated ICE detainees but are not part of ICE. I'm sure the doctor and hospital are getting assaulted on the phone lines / email as we speak.
jester
Registered Broad

Post #6586 by jester » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:54 am

mayoradamwest wrote:ctrl+F mass

I mean, it's not hard (e.g., progressive think tank): https://www.americanprogress.org/press/ ... ns-rights/
Craig
Registered Broad

Post #6587 by Craig » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:54 am

I wouldn't be surprised if it is either, but if they have a complaint with specifics that can be investigated, they could actually do something about it. Not that I expect that to happen with a Trump administration.
jester
Registered Broad

Post #6588 by jester » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:08 am

Craig wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if it is either, but if they have a complaint with specifics that can be investigated, they could actually do something about it. Not that I expect that to happen with a Trump administration.

Oh, House of Reps can get involved in this pretty quickly. And given that private entities are involved, it will be much harder for the Trump admin to get in the way and/or slow things down. I mean, just think how many people would be aware that a hysterectomy was being performed at a hospital. There would be records of ORs getting booked, multiple personnel involved, and so forth.

If I was to bet, there will be some political noise about this between now and November and then the story will evaporate due to lack of substantiation.
mayoradamwest
Registered Broad

Post #6589 by mayoradamwest » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:21 am

jester wrote:
mayoradamwest wrote:
jester wrote:

That was the term the original reports were slapping on the whistleblower's claim that has caused the meltdown.

Oh, that makes sense.
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #6590 by Dog » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:38 am

The issue is of course whether the intent was to sterilize foreign wominz or just regular health stuff. Maybe the answer lies somewhere in the middle, some health issues and hysterectomy given when alternatives (perhaps more costly alternatives) where possible. Maybe whistleblowing nurse thought they were handed out too casually. Maybe she’s misinformed. Most of her complaint seemed related to Covid. Maybe it’s a money thing where detainees receive blunter healthcare and not specific to hysterectomies but that one particularly jumps out because it can have implications relating to forced sterilizations. I’m basically taking a ‘wait and see’ approach here. I agree that the media (on both sides!) sensationalizes.
jester
Registered Broad

Post #6591 by jester » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:57 am

Dog wrote:The issue is of course whether the intent was to sterilize foreign wominz or just regular health stuff. Maybe the answer lies somewhere in the middle, some health issues and hysterectomy given when alternatives (perhaps more costly alternatives) where possible. Maybe whistleblowing nurse thoughts they were handed out too casually. Maybe she’s misinformed. Most of her complaint seemed related to Covid. Maybe it’s a money thing where detainees receive blunter healthcare and not specific to hysterectomies but that one particularly jumps out because it can have implications relating to forced sterilizations. I’m basically taking a ‘wait and see’ approach here. I agree that the media (on both sides!) sensationalizes.

Right. According to The Intercept, the doctor that supposedly performed these procedures acknowledged doing a couple over a two year span or whatever. Given the context, that doesn't necessarily strike me as something impossible to justify. It is also certainly possible that a medical mistake was made (i.e., they acted too aggressively to move to a hysterectomy for a patient ... ), but that would still fall well short of the type of systemic, "uterus collector" stuff that is getting reported out.
Craig
Registered Broad

Post #6592 by Craig » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:45 am

Scientific American endorsed Biden, which is only surprising because they haven't felt the need to endorse anyone in the last 175 years.
Shawnathan Horcoff
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 1225 times
Received rep: 1545 times

Post #6593 by Shawnathan Horcoff » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:04 pm

mayoradamwest wrote:that said, the USA (and Canada) have done fored sterilizations before, wouldn't shock me if they did it again.

Unlikely that it ever actually stopped for some aboriginal women.
god damn brewery
jester
Registered Broad

Post #6594 by jester » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:15 pm

Quinnipiac just released a set of polling that is a full on horror show for the GOP ... the most glaring bit being: SC senate race is a dead heat.
Slick Nick
Registered Broad

Post #6595 by Slick Nick » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:56 pm

PPJ wrote:
Slick Nick wrote:

I recall the case a bit. Here are a couple of excerpts from what Wiki says:

On February 23, 2020, Ahmaud Marquez Arbery, an unarmed 25-year-old African-American man, was pursued and fatally shot while jogging near Brunswick in Glynn County, Georgia.[2][3][4] Arbery had been pursued by three white residents—Travis McMichael and his father Gregory, who were armed and driving a pickup truck,[5] and William "Roddie" Bryan, who followed Arbery in a second vehicle—and was confronted and fatally shot by Travis McMichael.[4][6] Arbery's killing and the delayed investigation and arrests of suspects sparked debates about the lack of racial equality in the United States. The case has been widely reported internationally.

On social media, far-right and neo-Nazi groups spread falsehoods about Arbery; their white-nationalist supporters attacked President Trump for his sympathetic comments regarding Arbery. They falsely claimed that Arbery was wielding a hammer and wearing boots when he was shot dead; Arbery was wearing running shoes. They spread racist remarks about Arbery, claiming the McMichaels were victims. Far-right groups said that the arrests of the McMichaels reflected a bias against whites.

What’s the real story Nick?

Arbery was seen walking in and jogging out of a construction site when two rednecks attempted a citizen's arrest on him after calling the police for help. One of the rednecks worked with the cops and knew his long criminal past. He assulted one of them, the dude had a shotgun.. Arbery pulled on his shotgun, the dude pulled the trigger.

This is Arbery jogging in a nearby garage at 3 am from where 2500$ of fishing equipement had been stolen the previous week according to official insurence claim.

Here's the video of him running towards one of the rednecks.. assulting him and trying to pull his shotgun.

I mean, is it sad? yes. Was he just going for a morning jog when two white supremacists jumped of a pick up truck and commited a free murder as the free press portrayed it.. don't think so.
mayoradamwest
Registered Broad

Post #6596 by mayoradamwest » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:46 pm

what would give anyone the impression white supremacists would murder a black man in the United States?
Slick Nick
Registered Broad

Post #6597 by Slick Nick » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:59 pm

mayoradamwest wrote:what would give anyone the impression white supremacists would murder a black man in the United States?

Years of propaganda from the democratic party’s press organs for political clientelism reasons? And it’s going to blow up in their faces again in november.. sigh.
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #6598 by Dog » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:02 pm

I, for one, see nothing wrong with two armed hillbillies making a ‘citizen’s arrest’ of a guy running down the street.
Slick Nick
Registered Broad

Post #6599 by Slick Nick » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:06 pm

Dog wrote:I, for one, see nothing wrong with two armed hillbillies making a ‘citizen’s arrest’ of a guy running down the street.

That’s not the point dog... the point is the free press made up narratives.
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #6600 by Dog » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:08 pm

I thought the narrative was that two hillbillies shot a guy running down the street.

:dunno:

Return to “Le mur de messages”