stock tok etc.

..et d'autres discussions ennuyeuses
Boring Choice #2
Has given rep: 234 times
Received rep: 247 times

Re: stock tok etc.

Post #1401 by Boring Choice #2 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:11 pm

A. Boom Boom Al Thawaher wrote:Like.. we could get together and make a run at this company.

companies that size are often closely held. you'd end up having to buy out the founders who probably treat the company as their baby.
Dog
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 1065 times
Received rep: 653 times

Post #1402 by Dog » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:12 pm

A. Boom Boom Al Thawaher wrote:
Dog wrote:$45M market cap? Why is that company even public?

I asked that question months ago and got no answer.

I got 6 responses.

:mkbét:
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #1403 by Dog » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:15 pm

Boring Choice #2 wrote:
A. Boom Boom Al Thawaher wrote:Like.. we could get together and make a run at this company.

companies that size are often closely held. you'd end up having to buy out the founders who probably treat the company as their baby.

I still say, if you weren't able to raise sufficient private capital to grow into an IPO at a much higher valuation, then you're too risky.

Basically, if I (as a retail public investor) can get to you early and cheaply, I don't want you.

:danson:
Ricard_Persson
Has given rep: 46 times
Received rep: 60 times

Post #1404 by Ricard_Persson » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:22 am

Artie wrote:tell me about CXI again, Rico

So I haven't read any of the last quarters from CXI. You might want to do that first. Obviously some non loved news came out mid Jan, that dropped the price down. You'll see the drop on the 6 month chart here: http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=CXI.TO&p=D&yr=0&mn=6&dy=0&id=p40513848763

Looking at that six month chart, it's a roller coaster. You need steel nuts if you're in on CXI. The play here is that they can convert currency cheaper than a bank can, and they want to work with banks, instead of just their store front currency exchanges. IF that ever happens and they get in with a bank, you'll be in good shape financially.

It's possibly a long shot, but the company does make money which is a must for me. The P/E is reasonable at 33.

Looking at that 6 month chart we don't see too much stability. CXI is run by PR's so the chart reading isn't as easy as a quiet PR company like IRD. What we can see is that the 50 day moving average is now right on top of the 200 dma. They're fairly level, but the 50 will drop below the 200. That's a sign of a short term down trend. If you're in it for the long haul it's also getting close to a buy. The other thing that we notice from that chart is that the current price is close to an established base. If you look way over to the left of the chart, the price went sideways in late August as you can see and ran tight in the $26 range... which is exactly where we are today.

Long term chart. This one is 2 1/2 years. It paints a good look at the past. http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=CXI.TO&p=D&yr=2&mn=6&dy=0&id=p62033626414

A classic price pattern. A great rise doubling in price in a year, then profit takers selling, followed by a let down on the financial forecasts. 2015 ended poorly with a over sell that just kept riding that lower bollinger band. The price then recovered in early '16 with a good quarter and realization that the stock was over sold. It's crept up steadily, then tapered into this $26 dollar range that has been it's comfort zone for mid-2016 and then again now.

If the company can continue to grow and put up numbers it will probably re-visit that high $30's range again, but on the short term I'd like to see that 50 day moving average level out. If you look at that 2.5 year chart you can really see how the price and 50 dma (blue line) follow themselves. On that late 2014-early 2015 rise, anytime the price got close to the 50 DMA it was a buy and shot up. It climbed up each time for almost a year. That's a easy read. Again from March 2016 to Sept 2016 the price rode the 50 up, anytime it was near the 50 was a buy.

Now I think I'd wait to at least see the price cross over the blue line. The 200 DMA is the slower one to move, and so far it's still pointing up which is a good long term indicator. If you click back on the 6 month chart above, everything is coming together. 50 day moving average and 200 dma are a penny apart. That hasn't happened since mid may.

I would sit on the sidelines myself for a while and see if that blue line flattens out. When it drops under the 200 (red line) like it will tomorrow, it's a short term bearish sign. I think the price will bob up and down sideways for a little while. News really moves CXI so read up on that last couple quarters as well.
Ricard_Persson

Post #1405 by Ricard_Persson » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:31 am

DIRTT DRT.TO

Dirtt has a really nice chart. I made great gains with this one back in early '15. You can see that run from $3 to $9 on the chart here; http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=DRT.TO&p=D&yr=2&mn=6&dy=0&id=p10709710635 That run was so hot, unlike CXI which touched the 50dma each time and ran, DRT only made it to the 20 day moving average and drove higher each time (light green dotted line). That was a rare run, fueled by hype and hysteria of the next great runner.

You can see again on this chart how a downward 200 DMA will drag a stock down. The screaming buy was in this past December when the 50 and 200 leveled and the blue 50 crossed the 200 signalling the end of the bearish run. This is what you want to look for in CXI. similar charts up to late last fall.

DRT again a company that makes money, grew too fast and was hyped to shit, then a lot of profit taking after the run up, and the reported numbers couldn't satisfy the crazy expectations that were presented to a stock that just about tripled in less than a year.

Now here we are, on a new upswing. It will be interesting to see if it can break through that $7.98 price tag that you see in the middle of that chart from November '15. If it closes above $8 in the next couple weeks I think it will run straight to challenge the $9.19 all time high from May '15. To break through that they'll need good news and good numbers.

But DRT is certainly on a upward swing with lots of momentum. This is what you want to see start to happen before you jump into CXI, IMO.
Ricard_Persson

Post #1406 by Ricard_Persson » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:32 pm

Sleep Country Canada. ZZZ.TO

I like it. Just back on the market in the last year and a half after being private for 7 years. They make money and show growth.

The chart. http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=ZZZ.TO&p=D&yr=1&mn=7&dy=0&id=p82930891220

A big run and a level off. The 50 dma and the 200 dma are close together and the price has gotten comfortable in that $28 range, which has formed a decent base.

What I really like are the last three lows on the chart. They get higher as they go. $27.15, $27.30 and $28 in November , December and January respectively. A good sign.

It looks ready to run back to $34 and maybe push through.
Artie
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 142 times
Received rep: 213 times

Post #1407 by Artie » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:59 pm

DRT has done fuck all

as flat as my first girlfriend back in 71/72
:mkbét::lr: :lr:

OOOH yeah life goes on, long after the thrill of Vinny is gone

It's too bad all the people that could really run the Habs are busy doing talk radio, writing blogs or posting on message boards.

Now, Lajoie is an imbecile, a cretin and a plagiarist, who to use author Dany Laferrière's deliciously withering expression, "lives beyond his intellectual means."

...as serious as a poutine shortage in Chicoutimi during a curling bonspiel...

Haddock wrote:I wouldn't know anything about that. I gave my soul up when I swore allegiance to the goddamn queen.

:lr: :lr: :lr:
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #1408 by Dog » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:10 pm

Face, ass, then tits, rt.

:crossarms:
AD
Has given rep: 322 times
Received rep: 394 times

Post #1409 by AD » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:16 pm

They were all flat. She was greek.
Ricard_Persson

Post #1410 by Ricard_Persson » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:19 pm

You'll want to see DRT close above $7.15 today.
Artie
Registered Broad

Post #1411 by Artie » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:12 pm

i want to see DRT hit $15

It's too bad all the people that could really run the Habs are busy doing talk radio, writing blogs or posting on message boards.

Now, Lajoie is an imbecile, a cretin and a plagiarist, who to use author Dany Laferrière's deliciously withering expression, "lives beyond his intellectual means."

Haddock wrote:I wouldn't know anything about that. I gave my soul up when I swore allegiance to the goddamn queen.

Artie
Registered Broad

Post #1412 by Artie » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:12 pm

A. Boom Boom Al Thawaher wrote:They were all flat. She was greek.

not in our neighborhood

Ricard_Persson

Post #1413 by Ricard_Persson » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:02 pm

Artie wrote:i want to see DRT hit $15

Are you into it hot and heavy?
Artie
Registered Broad

Post #1414 by Artie » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:17 pm

Ricard_Persson wrote:
Artie wrote:i want to see DRT hit $15

Are you into it hot and heavy?

no

small position

Ricard_Persson

Post #1415 by Ricard_Persson » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:33 am

I'm going to get out of IRD today. It's been a great run and it's up 41% from when I bought, which was...can't remember. I'll look back in the thread.

I have to lock in profit. I'll buy back in later, but this run has been nice and slow and steady but all good things must come to an end.

Year end numbers next week and really, I can't see how there can't be a letdown to a 40% gain. Unless they have something big up their sleeve that some are betting on. I've failed to sell in the old days and it's haunted me, so here we go. Trying to get out.
Ricard_Persson

Post #1416 by Ricard_Persson » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:01 pm

I'm out at $3.33. It's at $3.43 of course now and running. Happens every time.
MP
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 145 times
Received rep: 272 times

Post #1417 by MP » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:44 pm

Ricard_Persson wrote:
MP wrote:Tell me about YGR.

yangarra?

Bought a small holding at $1.20 in August, wish I had bought more... But I'm thinking it's time to sell?
Ricard_Persson

Post #1418 by Ricard_Persson » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:08 pm

MP wrote:
Ricard_Persson wrote:
MP wrote:Tell me about YGR.

yangarra?

Bought a small holding at $1.20 in August, wish I had bought more... But I'm thinking it's time to sell?

Wow, nice run. A slow stairway to heaven. 6 month chart: http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=YGR.TO&p=D&yr=0&mn=6&dy=0&id=p78406975990

The bottom line is you have to protect profit at some point. I sold today at $3.33 and I think IRD will be $5 in a year or two. But, with big runs like you're seeing here with YGR, at some point people are going to say, I'm out and buyers are going to say it's too over bought. That will cause a new base to form as the price stumbles sideways.

That 6 month chart shows it jumping up before it hits the 20 day moving average each time (dotted green line) and then pulling back when it gets close to the top bollinger band (solid green top line).

Top bollinger is $2.84 right now and it can probably get back there again in a couple days, but at some point you just have to sell and not worry about where it goes after.

No one ever sells at the peak. Well, one lucky bastard does, but that's it.

2 1/2 year chart: http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=YGR.TO&p=D&yr=2&mn=0&dy=0&id=p06392583600 Nice chart. See how the drop started back in May 2015 when the price bounced off and couldn't close above the 200 day moving average (red line). That down trend continued almost a full year until May 2016 when the blue line (50 day moving average) leveled and crossed over the 200 DMA. This signals an upswing, and boy has it ever rode it up.

You can see the volume has really picked up in the last 6 weeks (volume bars at the bottom of chart), which has people taking profit and getting out until it levels and new buyers coming in. I really don't know how high it can go. I haven't read up on the company. The P/E is still reasonable. They must be putting out good quarterly's.

One thing is for certain, at some point in the near future the price will pull back to the 50 day moving average (blue line) which is $2.14 today (but that number will climb each day because of the price run it's on). It pulled back to the blue line in July and again in August. It will do it again soon.

No profit is bad profit. You just gotta cash in once and a while and don't look at the price the next day lol. Jump back in when the dust and the price settles.
Ricard_Persson

Post #1419 by Ricard_Persson » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:21 am

IRD with a classic climb up the top bollinger band. http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=IRD.TO&p=D&yr=0&mn=6&dy=0&id=p22593549737

It has to be soon done. It's a strange situation with a run-up to earnings. Either they hit it out of the park, or it will be a let down. Even with a home run, it's ran up so much I can't see how anything can cause it to spike more.

I was out Friday and yes it hurts to see it pop up another day.

A one cent move was an $80 swing for me, so the extra 25 cents was some decent cabbage, but I'm happy with being on the sidelines right now. It's going to take a while to settle this one down before I can see a buy sign again. There will be a lot of people cashing out to lock in the quick gains.

Can't believe one month ago it was $2.16
Ricard_Persson

Post #1420 by Ricard_Persson » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:20 pm

$3.60 close. Hit $3.66. The 8th straight "up" day.

Shirley :drebin: this must come to an end soon.

Looking forward to reading the next PR.
MP
Registered Broad

Post #1421 by MP » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:12 am

Ricard_Persson

Post #1422 by Ricard_Persson » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:07 am

$3.77 :donger:

Would have completed my goal set a couple years back to hit a certain portfolio number. Oh well, I need a 10% move to do so. I'm watching RCH to load up for a couple weeks. Looks like it ready.
Ricard_Persson

Post #1423 by Ricard_Persson » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:37 am

RCH.TO one year chart. http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=RCH.TO&p=D&yr=1&mn=0&dy=0&id=p96765654308

Why I like it: It launched to $28.70 back in July, then went sideways the rest of the year. Check out the price tags in center of chart. Don't look at the other junk...too complicated. Just price chart. Then, back in late January it ran to $28.44. It didn't break through the July number, and dropped back to a low of $26.54 a week later. Now it's gotten comfortable in the $27 range and the bands have tightened up. It started to break yesterday.

I'm gambling and saying it will punch through $28.70 sometime soon and then it's free to run. It is a bit of a gamble. The real buy is the day after it closes above $28.70, but I don't want to chase.

I'm pretty comfortable with this company because they have so little downside. They have literally no dept and a whack of cash.

Here's the five year chart: http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=RCH.TO ... 5931415770 Simple put, it just goes up.

Last quarter:

Sales for the fourth quarter ended November 30, 2016, grew by 9.0% (6.5% from internal growth) and diluted net earnings per share were $0.33, up 10.0%.

Sales for 2016 totalled $844.5 million, up 12.6% (10.4% from internal growth), and diluted net earnings per share rose to $1.07, up 8.1%.

Strong and healthy financial position, almost no debt and working capital of $280.7 million (current ratio of 4.4 : 1).

Four strategic acquisitions in the U.S in 2016.

Repurchase of 1,004,700 common shares for $23.1 million in 2016 - Dividends paid during the year increased by 5.6% to $12.4 million.

6.4% dividend increase, which was raised from 5.33¢ to 5.67¢ for the first quarter of 2017.

I may have jumped the gun on the next breakout, we'll see.
Ricard_Persson

Post #1424 by Ricard_Persson » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:10 pm

Big drop in IRD today, down 15% currently after a just OK quarterly.

I feel better now.
PredsFan77
Has given rep: 106 times
Received rep: 227 times

Post #1425 by PredsFan77 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:52 pm

My and Newfie J's boy, B Dalton, with a nice segment on BNN today:

http://www.bnn.ca/video/altius-minerals ... nt~1067278
CDX.NA.IG.9

[LEFT]Image[/LEFT]
Ricard_Persson

Post #1426 by Ricard_Persson » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:12 am

I have been watching Sleep Country Canada for a few weeks. ZZZ.TO, great ticker symbol. It looked like it was going to make a new run after settling into a base. Good company, makes money.

Well, I didn't look for a couple days and it seems to be a no news run. http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=ZZZ.TO&p=D&yr=1&mn=6&dy=0&id=p38637422431 TD did give them a buy rating on Tuesday, but other than that no news.

That's an 18 month chart. Just a beauty. Check out those last four "lows" on the price chart starting this past November. $27.15, $27.30, $28.00, $28.93. Add in the fact that the price has went sideways for five months that now the 50 day moving average and the 200 are close to the price, and you know it will go up on a run (if the company continues to achieve financial results of course).

Probably a good long term hold on any pull back, and it pays a dividend for people who care about that stuff.

Why buy a mattress anywhere else?
Craig
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 23 times
Received rep: 190 times

Post #1427 by Craig » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:29 pm

Because anywhere else you can get a better mattress for way less money?

Discount mattress places have been advertising hard on public transit and papers in Toronto.
PredsFan77

Post #1428 by PredsFan77 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:28 pm

i bought my mattress off amazon. best sleep ive ever had besides when i stay at the westin. bonus points for the buckwheat pillow i also bought off amazon.
CDX.NA.IG.9

[LEFT]Image[/LEFT]
PredsFan77

Post #1429 by PredsFan77 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:22 am

Getting closer:

Rebecca Shoenthal, a 22-year-old journalism student at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, was among them. She said she bought four shares of Snap for about $24 each. She put in an order for them on Wednesday night, stipulating that she would pay as much as $40 per share.

The company was priced at $17 a share in its initial public offering, but opened at $24 when trading started Thursday. It climbed above $29 on Friday before giving back some ground as the day wore on, closing at $27.09.

“I wanted to test the waters and play around with some money I wouldn’t be too devastated to lose,” Ms. Shoenthal said. “I think I’m going to stick it out for at least a few years.”

Ms. Shoenthal, who uses Snapchat every day, said this was her first big stock pick. She’s gotten interested in stocks this semester because of classes she’s taking on personal finance and branding. She thinks the prospects for Snap are bright, particularly given that Snapchat is changing the way many young people, including her friends, read the news.

Kaleana Markley, a 29-year-old wellness consultant who lives in San Francisco, bought $100 worth of shares on Thursday using a company that offers gift cards for stocks, called Stockpile.

“I have high hopes” for Snap, Ms. Markley said. “I think they are doing really cool things.”

She doesn’t do much investing generally, citing student loans and the high cost of living in the Bay Area, but got excited by the talk of the IPO. One promising sign of the company’s growth prospects, she said: Even her parents are using it now.
CDX.NA.IG.9

[LEFT]Image[/LEFT]
Ricard_Persson

Post #1430 by Ricard_Persson » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:23 pm

Discount mattresses are a different game.

Brand name quality is where it's at on the long term. I'm not spending 10,000 hours on a Chinese knockoff. I'm sure there's cheaper mattresses out there.

ZZZ has some pretty powerful buying power which shows in their numbers...they make money and are growing.
PredsFan77

Post #1431 by PredsFan77 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:30 pm

rico you watch my boys interview not too late to get in before zoom time
CDX.NA.IG.9

[LEFT]Image[/LEFT]
Ricard_Persson

Post #1432 by Ricard_Persson » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:18 pm

I don't do mining companies. It's a rule.
MP
Registered Broad

Post #1433 by MP » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:29 pm

Ricard_Persson wrote:I don't do mining companies. It's a rule.

BreX scars?
PredsFan77

Post #1434 by PredsFan77 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:01 pm

It's a royalty company, no mining involved
CDX.NA.IG.9

[LEFT]Image[/LEFT]
R-66Y
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 85 times
Received rep: 49 times

Post #1435 by R-66Y » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:19 pm

I used to have CDE and HL. Lost about 500 bucks on CDE, Made a couple thousand on HL. I agree though, no mining stocks
R-66Y
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 85 times
Received rep: 49 times

Post #1436 by R-66Y » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:30 pm

SIRI

:nice:
PredsFan77

Post #1437 by PredsFan77 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:59 pm

Altius up 8.40% today. Must have been uncle rico putting in his full position.
CDX.NA.IG.9

[LEFT]Image[/LEFT]
Ricard_Persson

Post #1438 by Ricard_Persson » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:40 pm

Twasn't me loading the boat Puff, sorry, I missed it.

I've been sitting in RCH going sidewaaaaaaaays. Jeez these "safe" stocks are slow to do something. I was used to the white knuckle ride of the small caps. RCH has been sagging a bit and I'm looking forward to the end of this slight sag. It dipped under the 50DMA yesterday which is a hard nono for me. but I'll hang for a bit - I guess. I wanted to make a couple points sitting in RCH and then jump back in IRD is the time looked right.

IRD has dropped nicely but still needs a while to regain a new base after it's incredible rise. I can't go back to that hole just yet.

Someone or some group but 125,000 shares of RCH at 1:30 this afternoon so maybe that cleared up some of the sells.

She's a slower game playing with the big boys.
PredsFan77

Post #1439 by PredsFan77 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:01 pm

I attended the top of the Canadian Housing Market, so you didn't have to

Originally, I thought this would be a bit of a joke. There were billboards in all the Toronto subway cars advertising the Canadian Real Estate Wealth Expo - learn how to become a millionaire. I thought this was so ridiculous, it may be fun. What better way to experience the top of the housing market than watching Tony Robbins and Pitbull along with a bunch of US real estate professionals explain how Toronto real estate is the path to riches.

Prices were originally $150 per ticket, but I was able to buy for $50. While it deeply bothers me that I paid $50 to these shameless (amoral) self-promoters, I thought it would be worth it to witness, in person, the top of the housing market.

I had thought, there can’t be that many people stupid enough to attend this, but I was very wrong - 15,000 people were there! I was blown away. Bubbles are largely psychological. This crowd was tangible proof of that. 15k people in one spot listening to Americans explain why real estate in Toronto is an exceptional investment. The whole experience was horrifying. The crowd was very well-dressed, middle- to upper-middle class (from appearances), and super excited to hear how much money could be made if you just buy real estate (most of them clearly already owned).

The first real segment of the expo was a panel of Canadian developers and real estate agents giving their views on the market. It actually started off a touch bearish, which surprised me. Two of the panelists were saying that prices are exceptionally high and no market goes up forever. With that slight bit of caution thrown out there, it became a real estate FOMO-building talk.

There are, apparently, two very important things to know when dealing with real estate. First, you have to face your fear; this fear is to be ignored and then you should ‘just do it’ and 'buy now'. The next step is find what you can afford and then buy it. Ignore all ‘non-doers’, don’t overanalyze or focus on the numbers, just fucking buy. To allay fears the speakers are actually quite clever as they shift between a long to short term focus when it suits. For example, now is a great time to buy because short-term the market is on fire. If, however, markets cool then you just hold because it always goes up long-term - and you are a savvy long-term buyer, aren’t you? By showing no scenario where you can lose I can see how this pitch works on the susceptible.

The second important factor in real estate is financing. Not everyone has money, so what can they do? The answers were shocking. Be ‘creative’ was the first response. Pool your money, borrow from friends and family, own just 5% of a house, get the money however you can and just do it - remember, it only goes up. Other financing suggestions were get cozy with a lender and they will ‘bend the rules’ for you! The fact that the biggest condo developer in Canada (Brad Lamb) said lenders will bend (but not break, apparently) rules to get you financing in front of 15k people with most people smiling and nodding was shocking.

So there you go - when it comes to Toronto real estate, just do it (using borrowed money any way you can get it).

The booths outside of the presentation hall were just as troublesome. Plenty of “high double-digit monthly yields”, retire early with real estate, “everyone needs a place to live - buy apartments” type messages. Almost all of these pitches were second lien lending. Most offered yields in the 8 to 10% range. The presentations all suggested that you can borrow money, if you don’t have it, at 4% and then buy these investments at 10% - easy money.

The apartment pitch booth was like most other pitches - it revolved around stable cash flows + mortgage paydown by renter + equity appreciation = profit. (Now that all sounds great but owning a condo at current prices in Toronto is a negatively carrying asset, so where does this cash flow come from?) Further, investing in apartment funds is even better if you borrow the money to do so. The pitch goes on to explain that levering a 30% return makes you more money than not levering...

The Paramount Equity pitch was also interesting and stated in all caps “HIGH DOUBLE-DIGIT RETURNS ON YOUR CASH, RRSP”. This product pays monthly, is a second lien mortgage, with a one year term and LTV <85%. Paramount uses clever language that states they cover the cost of defaults. By that they mean they pay some of the fees, not the default risk itself.

There was a space to pick up business cards. I got quite a few from real estate investors. I plan on emailing them all to learn just how bad their pitch/product is. I want to learn more about how these second lien investor pools are sourced and just how bad this is going to be.

Also, perhaps there will be an opportunity to meet a bunch of distressed sellers, before they even know it themselves…

Nowhere in any of this was there ever a mention of risk, the dangers of leverage, how terrible negative equity can be, how that can trap you, etc.

The amount of shadow leverage in this system is crazy. The terms on these second lien loans is 1yr. What happens when all of these loans are called? Even lenders with first positions will see clients sell when these loans become due and there is no money to pay them.

This is going to blow sky high.

https://onbeyondinvesting.com/blogs/blo ... nt-have-to
CDX.NA.IG.9

[LEFT]Image[/LEFT]
Ricard_Persson

Post #1440 by Ricard_Persson » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:47 pm

Will be interesting to see how far IRD slides. It just closed under the 50DMA with some fairly high volume. Could really slide this week. The way it's going it could be a while until it levels off and figures out what it's worth. Unfortunately for me, RCH is still just floating around $27.

IRD chart: http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=IRD.TO&p=D&yr=0&mn=6&dy=0&id=p22593549737
PredsFan77

Post #1441 by PredsFan77 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:38 pm

$OZM $STNG
CDX.NA.IG.9

[LEFT]Image[/LEFT]
MP
Registered Broad

Post #1442 by MP » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:29 pm

My large Aussie engineering company stocks were down in the $3 range in early 2016, are now worth $11AUD and tack on that I'm getting a bonus share for every four I bought...we were almost in a take over bid with a dubai engineering firm.
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #1443 by Dog » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:52 pm

Nice!
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #1444 by Dog » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:53 pm

You going to cut down to 15 hour work weeks now?
PredsFan77

Post #1445 by PredsFan77 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:11 pm

Exchange rate is still worth like 5 cents tho
CDX.NA.IG.9

[LEFT]Image[/LEFT]
AD
Has given rep: 322 times
Received rep: 394 times

Post #1446 by AD » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:03 am

You work for Jacobs? Leighton?
MP
Registered Broad

Post #1447 by MP » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:13 am

Nope. Back in 2016 we'd have been in need of your services...
Craig
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 23 times
Received rep: 190 times

Post #1448 by Craig » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:23 pm

My company was recently bought too! By a private equity firm out of Chicago of all places. Who's heard of such a thing?
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #1449 by Dog » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:28 pm

Like bought the whole thing? That's weird, that's not what VC firms normally do. You mean a PE/buy out firm?
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #1450 by Dog » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:29 pm

I hope not. You probably won't enjoy being owned by an american PE firm, if it's that.

Return to “Le mur de messages”