oh your talkin about boeing. fuck them
CDX.NA.IG.9

[LEFT]Image[/LEFT]
Ricard_Persson
Has given rep: 71 times
Received rep: 102 times

Re: stock tok etc.

Post #1454 by Ricard_Persson » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:58 am

I just sold Shopify. I was on the fence. Long term, the chart looks excellent as it broke through a huge mark of $232 and ran. It hit $232 in June and then in July of last year, and then finally broke through early Feb this year. It won't be back to those levels again I doubt. That's now a new base point. So I just sold at $277, bought at $211.

I had to lock in profits as that's been my new rule that I have to keep working with. Like I said, I'm on the fence as I love it long term. Could hit $300 next week, but also could pull back some. What got me was the last three days of volume have been massive. Three of the top 4 volume days of that last 6 months. And the price didn't jump much. It's always good to know someone is buying on those big volume days, but someone is also selling. I think a lot of people were like me saying, you know what, I'll take my 26% and run. It made me a little nervous, the lack of gains on this big volume days.

Good to have fresh hands in it though at the $275 range. My gut says it starts to go sideways a bit to level off some. I was waiting for a real high run day to get out, but this run was so steady it just kept riding that top bollinger band as see on this 6 month chart. http://schrts.co/xkxXQATc It was so nice and steady since mid-Jan, but as they say, get out when the goings good.

It's hit the 20 day moving average (green dotted line) three times since Jan, $205, $212, and $243 and each time rocketed back up to top bollinger. I'd love to get it near the 50 day moving average which is currently $227, but that might be a pipe dream. Would need a big push of profit taking/panic to get it down there. We'll see. I'll be watching.

Here's the 11 month chart where it hits $232 three times before breaking through. So cool. Classic long term breakout pattern. http://schrts.co/VWVrprpK And look at the volume the past three days. Something is up.

RCH has been flat. Sideways since I bought. Always good to buy at a good spot when these things go sideways. I'll ride it out hoping for a 15% run here sometime soon on it then jump out.
Ricard_Persson

Post #1455 by Ricard_Persson » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:45 am

12.5 million shares moved on Friday. A gigantic block went through at the close friday. This is the most volume by a mile in the history of Shopify. Crazy. Price didn't move much either. Weird. Must have been a institutional buy. Strange. At an all-time high as well.
The Virus
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 2422 times
Received rep: 1185 times

Post #1456 by The Virus » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:03 am

Bitcoin Is in the Dumps, Spreading Gloom Over Crypto World
The value of all cryptocurrencies outstanding is down 85% from peak and volumes on U.S. exchanges have been falling; making it through ‘winter’

Bitcoin is in the longest slump of its 10-year history. That is forcing even its most ardent supporters to shelve dreams of global disruption and focus on simply tightening their belts long enough to outlast the downturn.

Signs of the crypto winter are everywhere, marking a sharp reversal since the manic highs of 2017. The price of bitcoin Tuesday was just below $4,000, down about 80% from a trading peak of about $19,800 in December 2017. The total market value of all cryptocurrencies outstanding is down 85% from its peak in January 2018. And volumes on the largest U.S. exchanges have been falling steadily for the past 15 months, according to research firm TradeBlock.

Also wounded in the crash: many companies and technology platforms that promised to transform businesses from Wall Street to Silicon Valley. The young industry was built with billions of dollars raised through initial coin offerings, a method of capital raising that involves selling bitcoin-like tokens to the public. Those offerings have all but disappeared, choking off a vital funding source for the heady tech projects that were supposed to bring crypto mainstream.

Bitcoin is still driven largely by momentum, and right now it doesn’t have it. Cryptocurrencies have struggled to attract mainstream institutional investors. Regulation is still unclear, which has scared off some potential users. Companies that have sprung up around the crypto world are under pressure until the next upswing, and crypto fans aren’t sure where that will come from or when.

While bitcoin is trading well above its December 2016 level, the severity of the recent drop is raising concerns that it may never recover. The market’s long-term viability now hinges on the development of tangible uses for bitcoin and its underlying blockchain technology.

To be fair, crypto markets have long been defined by choppiness. During part of 2011, the price of bitcoin dropped about 95%. The price also dropped 85% from December 2013 to January 2015, sparked by the shutdown of the Silk Road website, an online drug bazaar that used bitcoin, and problems at the teetering Mt. Gox trading exchange.

But the sector is much bigger than it was during some of those earlier swings, and it is closer than ever to becoming mainstream. Its influence today is widespread: Western governments have given it tacit or explicit acceptance and venture capitalists support it. Developers are finding ways to apply its underlying technology, blockchain, to fields as varied as supply-chain management and capital-markets trading.

The sharp decline in price over the past year has led to cost-cutting at some firms. “There’s still coffee,” said Eric Larchevêque, CEO of Paris-based Ledger SAS, which makes crypto-storage products that resemble thumb drives, “but you don’t have the extra nuts.” The company has also cut back on travel and advertising, he said, though it has avoided layoffs.

“We’re trying to deal with it on a day-by-day basis,” said Mr. Larchevêque, whose firm raised $75 million in January 2018. That plus product sales have been enough to sustain the company, he said, but it is contingent on more austere management. “We want to make sure the company will still be here in 18 months.”

Firms that raised capital and made money during the boom are taking advantage of the slump, scooping up smaller companies. Circle Internet Financial, which operates a wallet service for storing cryptocurrency and a trading desk, among other things, has raised a total of $246 million from investors including Goldman Sachs Group Inc. The Boston-based company last year acquired cryptocurrency exchange Poloniex, and earlier this month it closed an acquisition for a crowdfunding platform called SeedInvest.

Some companies that raised big sums in initial coin offerings also are holding up. Block.One raised an estimated $4 billion in its ICO and has been using the proceeds to support its EOS platform. Telegram, which operates the popular messaging service, raised $1.7 billion last year and has been using the funds to support the service and to build its own blockchain platform.

Investors in these and other offerings haven’t been so fortunate. EOS tokens currently trade at around $3.77 after peaking at $21 in April 2018. Tezos, which raised more than $200 million in 2017, saw the value of its tokens rise as high as $11.21 in December 2017. They’re now trading at around 55 cents. Telegram’s tokens have not yet started trading.

ICOs, which brought in $12 billion in 2018, have raised only $100 million so far this year, according to research firm TokenData. Of the 50 ICOs tracked by TokenData this year, only 13 stayed in business, a 74% failure rate, the firm said. In 2018, the failure rate was 55%, it added.

“People are looking for ways to support themselves through winter,” said Galen Moore. The Boston resident recently started an open-source data-analytics project called Canary Data that he hopes to turn into a new startup, but he has also taken consulting work to pay the bills.

Dan Held, director of business development at a startup called InterChange, said that as vicious as this bitcoin bear market has been, it isn’t the worst. After the Silk Road and Mt. Gox debacles, “we weren’t sure if demand would ever come back,” Mr. Held said.

One thing Mr. Held noticed during those other bleak periods: Firms that survived were the ones closest to employing trading fees, like exchanges, which collect fees regardless of whether the market is rising or falling.

InterChange focuses on back-office accounting software for trading desks, exchanges and hedge funds. “No matter what the market is doing, you still have to do your accounting,” he said.

Revenue for bitcoin miners, who get paid in newly created bitcoin in exchange for processing transactions, has also fallen over the past 15 months, according to research firm Diar.

Boaz Bechar started a data-research site called Blocktrail in 2014 and sold it to the big mining company Bitmain in 2016. Bitmain recently laid him off as part of a broader downsizing.

In an original WSJ documentary, markets reporter Steven Russolillo ventures to Japan and Hong Kong to explore the universe of cryptocurrencies. His mission: create WSJCoin, a virtual token for the newspaper industry. Image: Crystal Tai. Video: Clément Bürge
Mr. Bechar believes that only the biggest crypto companies will be able to weather the volatile industry. “The big players are going to get bigger doing what they do,” he said. “It will be a race to the top.”

Corrections & Amplifications
An earlier caption with the photograph showing a technician monitoring cryptocurrency mining rigs at a Bitfarms facility in Saint-Hyacinthe, Quebec, incorrectly labeled it as Eric Larchevêque, the CEO of Ledger. (March 19, 2019)

https://www.wsj.com/articles/bitcoin-is ... 1552927208
Twitter bArt
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 247 times
Received rep: 462 times

Post #1457 by Twitter bArt » Mon May 20, 2019 9:16 pm

what's inspiring you these days, Rico
:mkbét::lr: :lr:

OOOH yeah life goes on, long after the thrill of Vinny is gone

It's too bad all the people that could really run the Habs are busy doing talk radio, writing blogs or posting on message boards.

Now, Lajoie is an imbecile, a cretin and a plagiarist, who to use author Dany Laferrière's deliciously withering expression, "lives beyond his intellectual means."

...as serious as a poutine shortage in Chicoutimi during a curling bonspiel...

Haddock wrote:I wouldn't know anything about that. I gave my soul up when I swore allegiance to the goddamn queen.

:lr: :lr: :lr:
PredsFan77
Has given rep: 154 times
Received rep: 511 times

Post #1458 by PredsFan77 » Mon May 20, 2019 9:45 pm

Twitter bArt wrote:what's inspiring you these days, Rico

the despair of the innocent, the last breath of the dying, and spaghetti bolognaise
CDX.NA.IG.9

[LEFT]Image[/LEFT]
Twitter bArt
Registered Broad

Post #1459 by Twitter bArt » Mon May 20, 2019 9:51 pm

PredsFan77 wrote:

the despair of the innocent, the last breath of the dying, and spaghetti bolognaise

bolognese, you heathen

It's too bad all the people that could really run the Habs are busy doing talk radio, writing blogs or posting on message boards.

Now, Lajoie is an imbecile, a cretin and a plagiarist, who to use author Dany Laferrière's deliciously withering expression, "lives beyond his intellectual means."

Haddock wrote:I wouldn't know anything about that. I gave my soul up when I swore allegiance to the goddamn queen.

Dog
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 1758 times
Received rep: 114 times

Post #1460 by Dog » Thu May 23, 2019 12:16 pm

Bought some Appl when it fell to low 140s, sold a few months later above 200. It’s now back down to the 170s.

= Genius.

:mkbét:
Twitter bArt
Registered Broad

Post #1461 by Twitter bArt » Thu May 23, 2019 9:08 pm

Apple is facing a class action lawsuit accusing the company of securities fraud for making false statements and failing to disclose adverse information regarding its business prospects. These actions allegedly led to an artificially inflated stock price.

Specifically, the lawsuit claims that Apple was not initially forthcoming about a drop in demand for the iPhone due to poor sales in China and the 2018 battery replacement program, both of which contributed to lower than expected iPhone sales in the first fiscal quarter of 2019.

PredsFan77

Post #1462 by PredsFan77 » Thu May 23, 2019 9:12 pm

BANKRUPT THEM
CDX.NA.IG.9

[LEFT]Image[/LEFT]
Ricard_Persson

Post #1463 by Ricard_Persson » Mon May 27, 2019 3:42 pm

I was just wondering that myself. Man, I missed some good money on SHOP. Been sitting sideways here with too much worked. Haven't followed anything other than maybe a weekly chart check. Sucks.

I've been partially in RCH, my decade long horse to bet on, but the old girl has slowed. Only OK earnings from a company that needs to acquire to get good growth. Maybe an issue, but I'll hold for now. They're pretty much debt free and have 300 million in the bank and pay a dividend so nothing to worry about, but hard to watch that money sit there when it could have rode in Shopify's buggy for the last 6 months.

I'd like something new? Any one got anything to look at? Word on the street? Heard it in the wind? A little birdie tell you a hot tip?
Ricard_Persson

Post #1464 by Ricard_Persson » Mon May 27, 2019 3:44 pm

I think SHOP needs a pullback. It's been too good. I'll be buying at that point. It's struggling today to get through $377 (feels insane to write that number since I bought at $120 not long ago). It could bounce here if it doesn't get $377 and shake a few people out that want to lock in their gains.
AD
Has given rep: 618 times
Received rep: 718 times

Post #1465 by AD » Mon May 27, 2019 3:47 pm

I'd like your opinion about SNC-Lavalin stock.

Its incredibly low, too low for the assets and contract values, and revenues. Big dark clouds, but still, there is inherent value there.

Thoughts?
PredsFan77

Post #1466 by PredsFan77 » Mon May 27, 2019 5:07 pm

too hard
CDX.NA.IG.9

[LEFT]Image[/LEFT]
Twitter bArt
Registered Broad

Post #1467 by Twitter bArt » Tue May 28, 2019 10:16 pm

AD wrote:I'd like your opinion about SNC-Lavalin stock.

Its incredibly low, too low for the assets and contract values, and revenues. Big dark clouds, but still, there is inherent value there.

Thoughts?

wait until after the election

Slick Nick
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 1135 times
Received rep: 719 times

Post #1468 by Slick Nick » Wed May 29, 2019 1:20 am

Thoughts?

Form a TA point of vue...

it's on a solid support line at 22-24$ but if breaks under it should at least go to 18$ maybe 16$... if you're ready to take the gamble, the reward might be significant.. might also catch a falling knife.. also put in context of general market uncertainty after a huge bounce. If you're interested, a good idea would be to buy small portions and average your losses or gains. Seems like a good buy in the long term but also chart wise I'm not sure it has done tanking despite all indicators saying it's extremely oversold.It is at least due for a solid rebound. But yeah, astrology says it's a good buy. Personally I'd rather wait for a reversal pattern like most TA people would suggest to...

Dog
Registered Broad

Post #1469 by Dog » Wed May 29, 2019 10:39 am

Thoughts?

Today is a better day to buy than yesterday was.
Ricard_Persson

Post #1470 by Ricard_Persson » Wed May 29, 2019 12:05 pm

It's the old, catch a falling knife chart.

I just don't know. I've tried that before saying 'it can't go any lower'. It usually does. I got completely wiped out on one of those dropping stocks, although not as established as SNC.

Wear a glove.
Ricard_Persson

Post #1471 by Ricard_Persson » Wed May 29, 2019 12:07 pm

Also, one thing that hit home for me after being burned with false belief in a company was when I read a simple statement: Why buy a stock that's on a long term down trend when their are thousand of stocks on up trends? So simple it made sense. I only looked at the SNC chart for 5 seconds just now and have never followed the company, but that thing is on a long term down trend. Both 50 and 200 are sinking. Usually takes a long time to level that out before things turn up. Just my IMHOMO.
Ricard_Persson

Post #1472 by Ricard_Persson » Wed May 29, 2019 12:10 pm

Slick Nick wrote:

Thoughts?

Form a TA point of vue...

it's on a solid support line at 22-24$ but if breaks under it should at least go to 18$ maybe 16$... if you're ready to take the gamble, the reward might be significant.. might also catch a falling knife.. also put in context of general market uncertainty after a huge bounce. If you're interested, a good idea would be to buy small portions and average your losses or gains. Seems like a good buy in the long term but also chart wise I'm not sure it has done tanking despite all indicators saying it's extremely oversold.It is at least due for a solid rebound. But yeah, astrology says it's a good buy. Personally I'd rather wait for a reversal pattern like most TA people would suggest to...

Should have read this first, I wouldn't have had to post. Even the falling knife quote. I did like my wear a glove line, though.
Slick Nick
Registered Broad

Post #1473 by Slick Nick » Wed May 29, 2019 12:47 pm

I'd place a buy order around 16,75$ :mkbét:
Ricard_Persson

Post #1474 by Ricard_Persson » Wed May 29, 2019 1:34 pm

:vince:
Twitter bArt
Registered Broad

Post #1475 by Twitter bArt » Wed May 29, 2019 3:12 pm

Twitter bArt wrote:

Thoughts?

wait until after the election

I meant, wait until after the trial

Slick Nick
Registered Broad

Post #1476 by Slick Nick » Fri May 31, 2019 11:47 pm

I'm still waiting for a correction to buy bitcoin.. prolly end up fomoing... fucking hell.. it's going to 30K this time. Once BTC goes retard there will be inhumane amounts of money to be made in altcoins (some have already 5x in the last two months). You should have listened to Sliquette.. I should have listened to myself.

:(
Slick Nick
Registered Broad

Post #1477 by Slick Nick » Fri May 31, 2019 11:51 pm

Retardé S
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 1114 times
Received rep: 1305 times

Post #1478 by Retardé S » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:22 am

"Now crash eet"
Shawnathan Horcoff
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 639 times
Received rep: 813 times

Post #1479 by Shawnathan Horcoff » Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:54 am

Nique, just scoop up some good clean Ripple or summat
Also, let's keep this thread about Galchenyuk's on-ice performance, development and value and NOT bring in his personal life or race.
Slick Nick
Registered Broad

Post #1480 by Slick Nick » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:18 pm

My charting was perfect.

I got almost everything right.

:why:
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #1481 by Dog » Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:53 pm

Perfect astrology.
Ricard_Persson

Post #1482 by Ricard_Persson » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:49 pm

RCH broke through the 50 day moving average today with some decent volume over the last couple days. Both the 50 and 200 are both on a down trend so it’s by no means a turnaround, but probably might go on a little run, maybe to 200dma to rattle off that.

I’m waiting to buy SHOP. It’s tightened up and getting ready to move. I’m being greedy and trying to get it closer to the 50 day moving average. Might get caught with my pants down here. We’ll see.
Slick Nick
Registered Broad

Post #1483 by Slick Nick » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:19 pm

Dog wrote:Perfect astrology.

Did you know that we use sacred geometry (Fibonacci levels) to determine resistance and support levels?

see how magically resistance and support levels juxtapose with Fibonacci levels

Slick Nick
Registered Broad

Post #1484 by Slick Nick » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:42 pm

PredsFan77

Post #1485 by PredsFan77 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:26 pm

petrodollars bitches
CDX.NA.IG.9

[LEFT]Image[/LEFT]
Slick Nick
Registered Broad

Post #1486 by Slick Nick » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:33 am

Shawnathan Horcoff wrote:Nique, just scoop up some good clean Ripple or summat

went all in on XRP... wish me luck.
Slick Nick
Registered Broad

Post #1487 by Slick Nick » Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:41 pm

https://www.theverge.com/2019/6/6/18655 ... zuckerberg

Facebook will announce a new cryptocurrency this month, according to a report by The Information. Facebook employees who work on the project, called Libra, can choose to be paid in the cryptocurrency token instead of hard cash, the report says. Previous reports have suggested that a global launch would happen next year.

Besides Facebook employees, the target market for the cryptocurrency is “developing nations where government-backed currencies are more volatile,” The Information reported. The token will mainly be used in Facebook’s products — WhatsApp, Messenger and so on — but the company is also planning ATM-like physical terminals. There will also be sign-up bonuses for merchants who accept Facebook’s cryptocurrency as payment.
PredsFan77

Post #1488 by PredsFan77 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:03 pm

my boy howard marks, no not that one, dropping bombs

https://www.oaktreecapital.com/docs/def ... ferent.pdf
CDX.NA.IG.9

[LEFT]Image[/LEFT]
Slick Nick
Registered Broad

Post #1489 by Slick Nick » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:11 pm

Slick Nick wrote:https://www.theverge.com/2019/6/6/18655366/facebook-cryptocurrency-libra-token-zuckerberg

Facebook will announce a new cryptocurrency this month, according to a report by The Information. Facebook employees who work on the project, called Libra, can choose to be paid in the cryptocurrency token instead of hard cash, the report says. Previous reports have suggested that a global launch would happen next year.

Besides Facebook employees, the target market for the cryptocurrency is “developing nations where government-backed currencies are more volatile,” The Information reported. The token will mainly be used in Facebook’s products — WhatsApp, Messenger and so on — but the company is also planning ATM-like physical terminals. There will also be sign-up bonuses for merchants who accept Facebook’s cryptocurrency as payment.

Not sure what effect the FB coin will have on the crypto market.. but I would be buying FB shares for the longterm... and short term (announcement). FB will basically become a financial institution, kinda scray too.
PredsFan77

Post #1490 by PredsFan77 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:59 am

Stable coin on their platforms brah.
CDX.NA.IG.9

[LEFT]Image[/LEFT]
Craig
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 34 times
Received rep: 474 times

Post #1491 by Craig » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:49 am

Nothing like a decentralised, anonymous currency to buy things in a centralized marketplace after logging in to the least privacy focused website in the world.
The Virus
Registered Broad

Post #1492 by The Virus » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:17 pm

Facebook is set Tuesday to unveil a bid to bring cryptocurrency payments into the mainstream, reportedly with the endorsement of governments and financial giants.

The world's biggest social network is expected to outline details of a virtual currency launching next year that it hopes will avoid the rollercoaster volatility of "blockchain" technologies such as bitcoin.

Facebook is setting up a consortium called "Libra" which, according to the Wall Street Journal, has been joined by more than a dozen companies including Visa, Mastercard, PayPal and Uber.

The companies along with venture capitalists and telecommunications firms will reportedly invest around $10 million each into the consortium.

Facebook has been trying to ward off hostile regulatory scrutiny after a series of privacy abuses and the spread of fake news.

The consortium will be managed externally and will seek to build trust among consumers by pegging the virtual coin to a basket of currencies including the dollar and euro, the Journal said.

Facebook has already sought blessings from the US Treasury and the Bank of England, the BBC reported last month.

https://www.france24.com/en/20190617-fa ... tocurrency
The Virus
Registered Broad

Post #1493 by The Virus » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:26 am

Return to “Le mur de messages”