The politics of Her Majesty's United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland

..et d'autres discussions ennuyeuses

Should Scotland be an independent country?

Poll ended at Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:10 pm

Aye
10
63%
Naw
6
38%
don't give a shit. do what you want.
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 16
User avatar
Craig
Registered Broad
Posts: 38079
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:33 pm
Location: Toronto
Has given rep: 23 times
Received rep: 186 times

Post #1 by Craig » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:14 pm

Image

Seems pretty likely the Nos will carry it.
User avatar
mayoradamwest
Registered Broad
Posts: 29438
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:38 pm
Has given rep: 203 times
Received rep: 122 times

Post #2 by mayoradamwest » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:58 pm

If the yes side succeeds, it'll make for a great Scotchtoberfest.
User avatar
Dog
Registered Broad
Posts: 53323
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:53 pm
Has given rep: 1062 times
Received rep: 646 times

Post #3 by Dog » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:10 pm

They may take our wives, but they will never take our freedom!
User avatar
PPJ
Registered Broad
Posts: 24078
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:48 pm
Location: The Cesspool
Has given rep: 70 times
Received rep: 87 times

Post #4 by PPJ » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:12 pm

The may take our balls and split us in four, but they'll never take our freedom!
User avatar
Mufasa
Registered Broad
Posts: 42064
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:45 pm
Location: Sous une roche
Has given rep: 190 times
Received rep: 378 times

Post #5 by Mufasa » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:23 pm

If Scotland and Calogne do it it would give a huge push for Quebec's opinion toward independance so i'm totally for it.
Outside point of view wisdom™

"Don't be afraid, those are mens, just like us" - Piton Ruelle

Beaker wrote:I publiclay apologies to Mumu.
User avatar
PPJ
Registered Broad
Posts: 24078
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:48 pm
Location: The Cesspool
Has given rep: 70 times
Received rep: 87 times

Post #6 by PPJ » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:33 pm

Mustafa wrote:If Scotland and Calogne do it it would give a huge push for Quebec's opinion toward independance so i'm totally for it.


LOL

Just move to Haiti if you want to live in a French speaking country gone to shit.
User avatar
Mufasa
Registered Broad
Posts: 42064
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:45 pm
Location: Sous une roche
Has given rep: 190 times
Received rep: 378 times

Post #7 by Mufasa » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:34 am

Psycho Papa Joe wrote:LOL

Just move to Haiti if you want to live in a French speaking country gone to shit.


Your father would roll in his grave if only he knew what you've become.
User avatar
PPJ
Registered Broad
Posts: 24078
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:48 pm
Location: The Cesspool
Has given rep: 70 times
Received rep: 87 times

Post #8 by PPJ » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:55 pm

Mustafa wrote:Your father would roll in his grave if only he knew what you've become.


My dad would agree with me that Quebec's economy would go to shit if it seperated from Canada.
User avatar
Rick Middleton
Registered Broad
Posts: 827
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:11 pm

Post #9 by Rick Middleton » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:21 pm

Your Dad would be right.
Atlantic Canada's culture of defeat will be hard to overcome as long as Atlantic Canada is actually physically trailing the rest of the country - Stephen Harper
User avatar
Mufasa
Registered Broad
Posts: 42064
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:45 pm
Location: Sous une roche
Has given rep: 190 times
Received rep: 378 times

Post #10 by Mufasa » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:28 pm

Psycho Papa Joe wrote:My dad would agree with me that Quebec's economy would go to shit if it seperated from Canada.


Every economic studies made on the subject have been saying the contrary. I know it's one of the platitudes repeated over and over as a fear tactics but nothing indicates Quebec economy would go to shit.
User avatar
IcE ColD
Registered Broad
Posts: 35892
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:37 pm
Location: Out of Purgatory
Has given rep: 29 times
Received rep: 63 times

Post #11 by IcE ColD » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:35 pm

Mustafa wrote:Every economic studies made on the subject have been saying the contrary. I know it's one of the platitudes repeated over and over as a fear tactics but nothing indicates Quebec economy would go to shit.


I'd like to see a totally independent study on this. Because our Economy is shit right now. And with the corruption allegations boom that we've witnessed in the last couple years, I don't exactly have much faith that it would be any different (if not worse) shall Quebec one day become a country.

Disons que je crois que le Québécois moyen semble un peu trop à l'aise de "fourrer l'système" parce qu'en bout de ligne, "c'est l'gouvernement qui paye"... sans nécessairement penser à "oussé que l'gouvernement prend son argent"
Society is actually a bunch of flawed primates guided by selfishness, fear, and superstitious bullshit.

David Wong - 19/12/2016
User avatar
Slick Nick
Registered Broad
Posts: 7578
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:40 pm
Has given rep: 307 times
Received rep: 222 times

Post #12 by Slick Nick » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:37 pm

I really think we should consider a different approach twards independance. Since OUI is losing ground in Quebec we should basically try to convince the rest of Canada to kick us out. It's our last option at this point in time.
User avatar
PPJ
Registered Broad
Posts: 24078
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:48 pm
Location: The Cesspool
Has given rep: 70 times
Received rep: 87 times

Post #13 by PPJ » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:46 pm

Mustafa wrote:Every economic studies made on the subject have been saying the contrary. I know it's one of the platitudes repeated over and over as a fear tactics but nothing indicates Quebec economy would go to shit.


I'd love to read the list of assumptions made in such studies and who paid them to write those studies.

I've dealt with economists many times in my line of work. Really amazing how their conclusions can differ based on who's paying them.
User avatar
Mufasa
Registered Broad
Posts: 42064
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:45 pm
Location: Sous une roche
Has given rep: 190 times
Received rep: 378 times

Post #14 by Mufasa » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:53 pm

Slick Nick wrote:I really think we should consider a different approach twards independance. Since OUI is losing ground in Quebec we should basically try to convince the rest of Canada to kick us out. It's our last option at this point in time.


:masturbation:
Outside point of view wisdom™



"Don't be afraid, those are mens, just like us" - Piton Ruelle



Beaker wrote:I publiclay apologies to Mumu.
User avatar
AD
Posts: 67329
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:30 pm
Location: Here
Has given rep: 322 times
Received rep: 394 times

Post #15 by AD » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:55 pm

Slick Nick wrote:I really think we should consider a different approach twards independance. Since OUI is losing ground in Quebec we should basically try to convince the rest of Canada to kick us out. It's our last option at this point in time.


Well you and Mumu are doing your part at least.
User avatar
Mufasa
Registered Broad
Posts: 42064
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:45 pm
Location: Sous une roche
Has given rep: 190 times
Received rep: 378 times

Post #16 by Mufasa » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:57 pm

embracedbias wrote:the difficulté with Québéc is that it is full of Québécois.


Like Canada is full of Canadians, whatever that word means.
Outside point of view wisdom™



"Don't be afraid, those are mens, just like us" - Piton Ruelle



Beaker wrote:I publiclay apologies to Mumu.
User avatar
Mufasa
Registered Broad
Posts: 42064
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:45 pm
Location: Sous une roche
Has given rep: 190 times
Received rep: 378 times

Post #17 by Mufasa » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:59 pm

AD wrote:Well you and Mumu are doing your part at least.


Image
Outside point of view wisdom™



"Don't be afraid, those are mens, just like us" - Piton Ruelle



Beaker wrote:I publiclay apologies to Mumu.
User avatar
Mufasa
Registered Broad
Posts: 42064
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:45 pm
Location: Sous une roche
Has given rep: 190 times
Received rep: 378 times

Post #18 by Mufasa » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:59 pm

embracedbias wrote:a cultural mosaic, bruv


Mais encore?
Outside point of view wisdom™



"Don't be afraid, those are mens, just like us" - Piton Ruelle



Beaker wrote:I publiclay apologies to Mumu.
User avatar
Mufasa
Registered Broad
Posts: 42064
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:45 pm
Location: Sous une roche
Has given rep: 190 times
Received rep: 378 times

Post #19 by Mufasa » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:01 pm

embracedbias wrote:a cultural mosaic, bruv


Image
Outside point of view wisdom™



"Don't be afraid, those are mens, just like us" - Piton Ruelle



Beaker wrote:I publiclay apologies to Mumu.
User avatar
PPJ
Registered Broad
Posts: 24078
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:48 pm
Location: The Cesspool
Has given rep: 70 times
Received rep: 87 times

Post #20 by PPJ » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:04 pm

embracedbias wrote:a cultural mosaic, bruv


Image
User avatar
Slick Nick
Registered Broad
Posts: 7578
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:40 pm
Has given rep: 307 times
Received rep: 222 times

Post #21 by Slick Nick » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:09 pm

AD wrote:Well you and Mumu are doing your part at least.


Yeah but we need to do it on a larger scale, preferably country wide operations.

We need hundreds of people protesting in Ottawa with banners saying: "triple the equalization payments", "remove the Queen from the 20 dollar bills", "services in french in Medicine Hat"
User avatar
Craig
Registered Broad
Posts: 38079
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:33 pm
Location: Toronto
Has given rep: 23 times
Received rep: 186 times

Post #22 by Craig » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:44 pm

The Queen's starting to look like an old bag. I'd rather have someone pretty on my 20's. Maybe we can go with that Kate Middleton upskirt from last year?
User avatar
Mufasa
Registered Broad
Posts: 42064
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:45 pm
Location: Sous une roche
Has given rep: 190 times
Received rep: 378 times

Post #23 by Mufasa » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:35 pm

Slick Nick wrote:Yeah but we need to do it on a larger scale, preferably country wide operations.

We need hundreds of people protesting in Ottawa with banners saying: "triple the equalization payments", "remove the Queen from the 20 dollar bills", "services in french in Medicine Hat"


Always speak french first even when abroad, or else your canadian passport should be revoked.
Outside point of view wisdom™



"Don't be afraid, those are mens, just like us" - Piton Ruelle



Beaker wrote:I publiclay apologies to Mumu.
User avatar
clawfirst
Registered Broad
Posts: 39220
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 1:45 pm
Has given rep: 149 times
Received rep: 296 times

Post #24 by clawfirst » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:16 pm

We should trade Quebec with Haiti. You guys get a tropical paradise, we in turn take the Haitians and place them in Quebec city. We build a wall around it and wait for them to die out. This should occur within a winter or two.

Everybody wins.
User avatar
clawfirst
Registered Broad
Posts: 39220
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 1:45 pm
Has given rep: 149 times
Received rep: 296 times

Post #25 by clawfirst » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:38 pm

Probably need to add some draft picks to even it up
User avatar
Mufasa
Registered Broad
Posts: 42064
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:45 pm
Location: Sous une roche
Has given rep: 190 times
Received rep: 378 times

Post #26 by Mufasa » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:24 pm

embracedbias wrote:Let's trade les quebecois for some of them new orleans french. Maybe someone will invent cajun poutine!


Too bad New Orleans french dont exist anymore, the work of the white english men once again. SHould be a warning for us though.
Outside point of view wisdom™



"Don't be afraid, those are mens, just like us" - Piton Ruelle



Beaker wrote:I publiclay apologies to Mumu.
User avatar
Dog
Registered Broad
Posts: 53323
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:53 pm
Has given rep: 1062 times
Received rep: 646 times

Post #27 by Dog » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:12 am

Mustafa wrote:If Scotland and Calogne do it it would give a huge push for Quebec's opinion toward independance so i'm totally for it.


But what's actually happening is that Scotland (which is poorer than the UK as a whole) will vote no and Catalonia (which is richer than Spain as a whole) would have voted yes if they would have been allowed to vote. Quebec falls into the Scottish category. Also, notice how clean the Scottish referendum is compared to Quebec (pre agreed to process and question).

Quebec remains heavily nationalist. Make it richer than Canada as a whole and support for sovereignty would be very high.

Vote Caq!

:danson:
User avatar
Mufasa
Registered Broad
Posts: 42064
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:45 pm
Location: Sous une roche
Has given rep: 190 times
Received rep: 378 times

Post #28 by Mufasa » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:34 pm

Dog wrote:But what's actually happening is that Scotland (which is poorer than the UK as a whole) will vote no and Catalonia (which is richer than Spain as a whole) would have voted yes if they would have been allowed to vote. Quebec falls into the Scottish category. Also, notice how clean the Scottish referendum is compared to Quebec (pre agreed to process and question).

Quebec remains heavily nationalist. Make it richer than Canada as a whole and support for sovereignty would be very high.

Vote Caq!

:danson:


The CAQ plan is closer to what i'd like than the retarded membership of the PQ. If Quebec was paying dividends to the RoC even West-Islanders would be separatists. We'll see where the oil takes us.
Outside point of view wisdom™



"Don't be afraid, those are mens, just like us" - Piton Ruelle



Beaker wrote:I publiclay apologies to Mumu.
User avatar
Dog
Registered Broad
Posts: 53323
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:53 pm
Has given rep: 1062 times
Received rep: 646 times

Post #29 by Dog » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:35 pm

The oil, the new ciment plant and the startups along the st-lawrence will make us all rich mens!
User avatar
PPJ
Registered Broad
Posts: 24078
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:48 pm
Location: The Cesspool
Has given rep: 70 times
Received rep: 87 times

Post #30 by PPJ » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:04 pm

Just be sure to return that land to Rupert when you separate.

Image
User avatar
Dog
Registered Broad
Posts: 53323
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:53 pm
Has given rep: 1062 times
Received rep: 646 times

Post #31 by Dog » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:06 pm

Fucken Murdoch.
User avatar
mayoradamwest
Registered Broad
Posts: 29438
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:38 pm
Has given rep: 203 times
Received rep: 122 times

Post #32 by mayoradamwest » Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:28 pm

clawfirst wrote:Probably need to add some draft picks to even it up


I'd do a conditional third.
User avatar
BlackRedGold
Registered Broad
Posts: 8099
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:42 am
Has given rep: 2 times
Received rep: 6 times

Post #33 by BlackRedGold » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:42 am

Mustafa wrote:Always speak french first even when abroad, or else your canadian passport should be revoked.


Why? Except for Belgium and Switzerland, countries that speak french better than English are shitholes.
User avatar
Dog
Registered Broad
Posts: 53323
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:53 pm
Has given rep: 1062 times
Received rep: 646 times

Post #34 by Dog » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:04 am

BlackRedGold wrote:Why? Except for Belgium and Switzerland, countries that speak french better than English are shitholes.


You think Belgium isn't a shithole?

Lol.
User avatar
PPJ
Registered Broad
Posts: 24078
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:48 pm
Location: The Cesspool
Has given rep: 70 times
Received rep: 87 times

Post #35 by PPJ » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:07 am

Dog wrote:You think Belgium isn't a shithole?

Lol.


They make good beer. They get a pass.
User avatar
Craig
Registered Broad
Posts: 38079
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:33 pm
Location: Toronto
Has given rep: 23 times
Received rep: 186 times

Post #36 by Craig » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:11 am

Is Belgium a shithole? I've never been, but I've always been under the impression they were in the top tier of not being shit. I mean if they're below the shit threshold, how many non-shitholes are there in the world? 8 or 9?
User avatar
PPJ
Registered Broad
Posts: 24078
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:48 pm
Location: The Cesspool
Has given rep: 70 times
Received rep: 87 times

Post #37 by PPJ » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:13 am

Craig wrote:Is Belgium a shithole? I've never been, but I've always been under the impression they were in the top tier of not being shit. I mean if they're below the shit threshold, how many non-shitholes are there in the world? 8 or 9?


I think they're a shithole in comparison to their neibours. Sort of like having the crappiest house in a very nice neibourhood. But if you moved them to say, Central America, they'd be the mansion on the hill.
User avatar
AD
Posts: 67329
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:30 pm
Location: Here
Has given rep: 322 times
Received rep: 394 times

Post #38 by AD » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:17 am

Craig wrote:Is Belgium a shithole? I've never been, but I've always been under the impression they were in the top tier of not being shit. I mean if they're below the shit threshold, how many non-shitholes are there in the world? 8 or 9?


Shithole no, but they're closer to France than to Switzerland in terms of.. uhhmm.. everything.
User avatar
Dog
Registered Broad
Posts: 53323
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:53 pm
Has given rep: 1062 times
Received rep: 646 times

Post #39 by Dog » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:20 am

To be fair, it's mostly wallonia that is a (relatively speaking) shithole.
User avatar
PPJ
Registered Broad
Posts: 24078
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:48 pm
Location: The Cesspool
Has given rep: 70 times
Received rep: 87 times

Post #40 by PPJ » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:20 am

Big#D wrote:besides, belgians are half dutch. they don't really count.

for that matter, the swiss are essentially germans who decided to speak in a silly way. they don't count either.

so we're again left with no french-speaking country that isn't a shithole.


You think France is a shithole? Sure, like most big countries it has it's shitty parts, but the country as a whole a shithole?

Return to “Le mur de messages”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest