The NONOFFICIAL Trade /Rumours/Signings Thread 5

Pull up a chair, here's a tumbler of scotch, and help yourself to the sybian, good times that we'll all remember.
Hooker
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 3 times
Received rep: 5 times

Re: The NONOFFICIAL Trade /Rumours/Signings Thread 5

Post #1351 by Hooker » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:08 am

That's like being on the list of people someone has to contact after being diagnosed with AIDS. You don't want to be on that list.
PredsFan77
Has given rep: 138 times
Received rep: 400 times

Post #1352 by PredsFan77 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:56 pm

Cam Ward has his own wine label. Or is 'involved' in the wine business. LOL fellas.
CDX.NA.IG.9

[LEFT]Image[/LEFT]
PredsFan77

Post #1353 by PredsFan77 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:57 pm

Cam Ward

Cam became interested in wine in his rookie season in the National Hockey League as the team traveled all over the country and typically ate at fine steakhouses before games. He would credit Ray Whitney, one of his teammates for introducing him to “fine wine”. As he began to try these wines he started to get more accustomed to what styles of wines he liked, and would soon get familiar with an assortment of Napa Valley wineries that he would soon start to collect.

Cam recently completed construction of his personal wine cellar at his home where he carefully stores his collection in a temperature controlled environment. A few of his most cherrished bottles include an 07 Harlan, etched 3 litre of Continuum, and 07 Hundred Acre Ark. As his pursuit of discovering premium Napa Valley Cabernet's grew, his passion burned for creating his own wines under his winery, Vineyard 36.

“I love the whole concept of wine, sitting around the living room sharing a glass while telling stories with friends. There’s nothing better."

Tim Gleason

Tim began enjoying wine like most professional athletes, on the road with their teammates at fine restaurants the night before a game. The start of Tim’s passion for wine began about 6 years ago at a team dinner where someone suggested a vintage Bordeaux. His interest peaked as he began to learn more about the varietals, regions and styles of wines that were out there to explore. As he began to venture out of his comfort zone of vintage wines, he found a love for California Cabernet Sauvignon. Over the last several years he has enjoyed expanding his personal collection of Napa Valley Cabernet’s including such favorites as Paul Hobbs and Caymus Special Select.

It was only natural that his passion for cult Cabernet’s would lead him to an opportunity to create wines under his own winery in Napa Valley. After his first conversation about crafting his own wines he was very excited about the entire process from the vineyard to the bottle and now that dream is a reality with Vineyard 36.

“I love being around people that enjoy wine like I do, it’s amazing what conversations can come out of one glass of wine, let alone a bottle.”

Jason Earnest

Jason spent much of his early life in Southern Maryland and in 1996 moved south to begin his college years at East Carolina University, where he studied Corporate Finance. Upon graduating he started his career in asset management where he met a gentleman who introduced him to the idea of one day following his passion for wine and owning his own winery in Napa Valley. After a trip to Napa Valley and being fortunate enough to experience a wine tasting cave tour with Dave Del Dotto of the famed Del Dotto Vineyards, his mission began.

Jason instilled his business philosophy and inspired his team to share his values in founding the highly-acclaimed winery, Tobacco Road Cellars. His wines drew the attention of wine critics, restaurateurs and professional athletes around the country, beginning a friendship and passion for sharing exceptional wines with Cam Ward and Tim Gleason. It was over dinner on a road trip to where Jason now calls home, the fast paced NYC, that Ward, Gleason and Earnest's vision of creating their own unique wines would come to fruition under their new winery, Vineyard 36.

Our Vineyards

The world famous Napa Valley region is home to some of the finest wines in the world. We are lucky to have the opportunity to source our fruit from two of the most treasured appellations in the Valley, Oakville and Stags Leap.

Located in the heart of Napa Valley, Oakville is at the base of the Vaca Mountains to the east and the Mayacamas Mountains to the west. Within this small district you will find the greatest concentration of Napa Valley’s premier vineyards growing the coveted Cabernet Sauvignon.

Oakville such an influential appellation that you will find you will find such wineries as Robert Mondavi, Joseph Heitz to powerhouse brands Groth, Far Niente, Opus One and Joseph Phelps, through “cult Cabernet” producers Dalla Valle, Harlan Estate and Screaming Eagle, tells the condensed story of Napa Valley wine. It’s not hard to imagine why Vineyard 36 has chosen the meticulously grown vineyards of Oakville to craft our unique wines.

Stags Leap is just south of Oakville and provides us with a particularly unique terroir for our Cabernet Sauvignon. The soil of this region include loam and clay sediments from the Napa River and volcanic soil deposits left over from erosion of the Vaca Mountains. A turning point for the region was in 1976 at the Judgment of Paris wine tasting, where 1973 Stag’s Leap Wine Cellars Cabernet from the area that would become this AVA won first place in the red wine category, beating out Bordeaux estates.
CDX.NA.IG.9

[LEFT]Image[/LEFT]
PredsFan77

Post #1354 by PredsFan77 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:58 pm

CDX.NA.IG.9

[LEFT]Image[/LEFT]
PPJ
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 79 times
Received rep: 133 times

Post #1355 by PPJ » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:16 am

PredsFan77 wrote:TSN BOBBY MAC JUST SAID THAT THE PREDS ARE ON MARLEAUS LIST! WE WIN!

Winter of Poile
Twitter bArt
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 271 times
Received rep: 441 times

Post #1356 by Twitter bArt » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:24 pm

Trevor Daley: Has been traded to the Pittsburgh Penguins in exchange for Rob Scuderi.
:mkbét::lr: :lr:

OOOH yeah life goes on, long after the thrill of Vinny is gone

It's too bad all the people that could really run the Habs are busy doing talk radio, writing blogs or posting on message boards.

Now, Lajoie is an imbecile, a cretin and a plagiarist, who to use author Dany Laferrière's deliciously withering expression, "lives beyond his intellectual means."

...as serious as a poutine shortage in Chicoutimi during a curling bonspiel...

Haddock wrote:I wouldn't know anything about that. I gave my soul up when I swore allegiance to the goddamn queen.

:lr: :lr: :lr:
Shawnathan Horcoff
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 533 times
Received rep: 714 times

Post #1357 by Shawnathan Horcoff » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:26 pm

Twitter bArt
Registered Broad

Post #1358 by Twitter bArt » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:28 pm

#Penguins retain $1.125M of Scuderi's cap hit this year and next year.

It's too bad all the people that could really run the Habs are busy doing talk radio, writing blogs or posting on message boards.

Now, Lajoie is an imbecile, a cretin and a plagiarist, who to use author Dany Laferrière's deliciously withering expression, "lives beyond his intellectual means."

Haddock wrote:I wouldn't know anything about that. I gave my soul up when I swore allegiance to the goddamn queen.

AD
Has given rep: 706 times
Received rep: 796 times

Post #1359 by AD » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:33 pm

This is good for Daley's value in my pool.
PredsFan77

Post #1360 by PredsFan77 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:02 pm

lol daley must really suck.
CDX.NA.IG.9

[LEFT]Image[/LEFT]
PredsFan77

Post #1361 by PredsFan77 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:02 pm

or it could be because hes a darkie.
CDX.NA.IG.9

[LEFT]Image[/LEFT]
Twitter bArt
Registered Broad

Post #1362 by Twitter bArt » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:45 pm

Sportsnet ‏@Sportsnet
#NHLPreds GM David Poile looking at forwards on the trade market: http://ow.ly/W0ixu @RoryBoylen

:pf77:

PredsFan77

Post #1363 by PredsFan77 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:40 pm

Artie wrote:Sportsnet ‏@Sportsnet
#NHLPreds GM David Poile looking at forwards on the trade market: http://ow.ly/W0ixu @RoryBoylen

:pf77:

“I have no interest in touching my defence"

FUCKING RIGHT DAVE
CDX.NA.IG.9

[LEFT]Image[/LEFT]
PredsFan77

Post #1364 by PredsFan77 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:20 pm

30 THOUGHTS

1. In a lot of ways, Nashville GM David Poile asking about Matt Duchene, Ryan Johansen or Ryan Nugent-Hopkins isn’t news. It’s news if he isn’t asking about them. The Predators are one of the NHL’s best teams, on a list of legitimate Stanley Cup contenders. It’s not exactly a secret that Poile would love to add another offensive piece, and all three of those players have dynamic potential.

Last week, he told The Tennessean’s Adam Vingan, “I have no interest in touching my defence, but if there was going to a trade here — I’m just being very bottom-line with you — whenever I talk to a team and I’m asking about forwards, they’re asking about one of our defencemen. You can fill in the blanks.”

Poile politely declined to address that further, but he’s specifically being asked about his top three: Seth Jones, Roman Josi and Shea Weber. He doesn't want to do that. But, in this big game of poker, who’s willing to wait the longest? And, if Poile doesn't bend, can he get what he needs?

2. I’m President of the Shea Weber fan club, and was surprised to hear a couple of executives say they wouldn’t trade one of the three aforementioned players for him. The major issue was age, as Duchene, seven years younger, is closest. “Shea Weber changes the game every time he steps over the boards,” one said. “But you should not be trading a 23-year-old for a 30-year-old.”

Weber still has almost $30M in bonus payments the next three seasons. There is some concern about the seriousness of the injury he suffered last April, and the long-term effect it could have. I’d be curious to hear how widely held this opinion would be around the NHL. No doubt the Predators would be happy to keep him.
CDX.NA.IG.9

[LEFT]Image[/LEFT]
FH2002
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 2 times
Received rep: 18 times

Post #1365 by FH2002 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:52 pm

Evander Kane, a Buffalo Sabres left winger, is the subject of a sex offense investigation by Buffalo police for an incident that allegedly occurred Sunday morning in a downtown hotel room near First Niagara Center, three police sources have told The Buffalo News.

Kane has not been charged with any crime, and law enforcement officials would confirm only that there is an ongoing investigation by officers from the department’s Sex Offense Squad.

http://www.buffalonews.com/city-region/ ... n-20151227
senate
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 259 times
Received rep: 417 times

Post #1366 by senate » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:32 pm

Does Buffalo turn Kanes into rapists or does Buffalo just attract rapist Kanes?
AD

Post #1367 by AD » Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:14 am

Alleged.
senate
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 259 times
Received rep: 417 times

Post #1368 by senate » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:47 pm

Sorry, I should have said that Buffalo is an alleged rapist factory.
AD

Post #1369 by AD » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:13 pm

Thank you.
PPJ
Registered Broad

Post #1370 by PPJ » Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:26 pm

Be great if it's the same puck bunny.
PPJ
Registered Broad

Post #1371 by PPJ » Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:27 pm

Sorry, alleged puck bunny.
Twitter bArt
Registered Broad

Post #1372 by Twitter bArt » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:31 pm

Trade: Leafs acquire Jeremy Morin from the Chicago Blackhawks in exchange for Richard Panik.

PredsFan77

Post #1373 by PredsFan77 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:36 pm

lol. I always liked Morin tho. Preds gonna deal Ellis for Drouin, book it Arts.
CDX.NA.IG.9

[LEFT]Image[/LEFT]
Twitter bArt
Registered Broad

Post #1374 by Twitter bArt » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:53 pm

Coach Joel Quenneville said Richard Panik will join #Blackhawks, not head to Rockford.

Twitter bArt
Registered Broad

Post #1375 by Twitter bArt » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:53 pm

PredsFan77 wrote:lol. I always liked Morin tho. Preds gonna deal Ellis for Drouin, book it Arts.

:stare:

PredsFan77

Post #1376 by PredsFan77 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:42 pm

PREDS/BJS TRADE TALKS HEATING UP (E5)
CDX.NA.IG.9

[LEFT]Image[/LEFT]
Twitter bArt
Registered Broad

Post #1377 by Twitter bArt » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:17 pm

:stare:

Twitter bArt
Registered Broad

Post #1378 by Twitter bArt » Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:03 pm

more heat, PF

this is gonna be a blockbuster

Twitter bArt
Registered Broad

Post #1379 by Twitter bArt » Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:45 pm

#flyers trade Vincent Lecavalier to the #kings #tvasports

Twitter bArt
Registered Broad

Post #1380 by Twitter bArt » Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:58 pm

Lecavalier and Schenn headed to Kings. Jordan Weal and 3rd round pick headed to Phi
Flyers retaining 50% on both salaries per Dreger. That still puts them at acquiring 4.05 in cap hits with 1.5 room. #NHL

PredsFan77

Post #1381 by PredsFan77 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:05 pm

FUCKIN BOOBY CLARKE STEALING OUR THUNDER THSTAT ASSHOLE
CDX.NA.IG.9

[LEFT]Image[/LEFT]
Twitter bArt
Registered Broad

Post #1382 by Twitter bArt » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:53 pm

and Mike Richards signs with the Caps

Twitter bArt
Registered Broad

Post #1383 by Twitter bArt » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:53 pm

POILE NEEDS TO MAKE A STATEMENT BEFORE THE SUMMER

PredsFan77

Post #1384 by PredsFan77 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:36 pm

I don't want to feel
CDX.NA.IG.9

[LEFT]Image[/LEFT]
Twitter bArt
Registered Broad

Post #1385 by Twitter bArt » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:39 pm

WINTER OF POILE

Twitter bArt
Registered Broad

Post #1386 by Twitter bArt » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:40 pm

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun
I was fairly known that the Preds liked Johansen. But for Seth Jones? Did not think the Preds would deal Jones.

AD

Post #1387 by AD » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:58 pm

Whadaymiss?
PredsFan77

Post #1388 by PredsFan77 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:34 pm

My heart being broken
CDX.NA.IG.9

[LEFT]Image[/LEFT]
PredsFan77

Post #1389 by PredsFan77 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:51 pm

MILBURY DOESNT LIKE JOHANSEN.
CDX.NA.IG.9

[LEFT]Image[/LEFT]
mcphee
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 170 times
Received rep: 427 times

Post #1390 by mcphee » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:56 pm

PredsFan77 wrote:MILBURY DOESNT LIKE JOHANSEN.

That redeems it for Poilie [as I like to call him]
Twitter bArt
Registered Broad

Post #1391 by Twitter bArt » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:00 pm

Dreger: Trade discussions between #Preds, #CBJ "for a considerable amount of time." Ended up one-for-one. "It could have been a lot bigger."

PredsFan77

Post #1392 by PredsFan77 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:13 pm

PF77 during allstar weekend in Nashville.
CDX.NA.IG.9

[LEFT]Image[/LEFT]
Freshie
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 5 times
Received rep: 6 times

Post #1393 by Freshie » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:35 pm

Artie wrote:and Mike Richards signs with the Caps

:toews:
PPJ
Registered Broad

Post #1394 by PPJ » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:35 am

Winter of Poile.

Of course, there's a chance Seth becomes Pronger and Ryjo goes Jimmy Carson.
PPJ
Registered Broad

Post #1395 by PPJ » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:36 am

Artie wrote:Lecavalier and Schenn headed to Kings. Jordan Weal and 3rd round pick headed to Phi
Flyers retaining 50% on both salaries per Dreger. That still puts them at acquiring 4.05 in cap hits with 1.5 room. #NHL

Bizarro world trade.
CharlieGirl
Registered Broad

Post #1396 by CharlieGirl » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:15 am

Hexy is a GOD.

That is all.
PPJ
Registered Broad

Post #1397 by PPJ » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:52 am

I'm wondering if there is something else in it for the Kings, like the Flyers providing information regarding Richards once that grievance is heard. If anybody has additional dirt, it would probably by the Flyers.
CharlieGirl
Registered Broad

Post #1398 by CharlieGirl » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:32 am

That's all been settled, so it's doubtful. The Kings are getting a 5/6 defenseman to replace Matt Green at half the price. That's about it on their end.
mcphee
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 170 times
Received rep: 427 times

Post #1399 by mcphee » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:01 pm

CharlieGirl wrote:That's all been settled, so it's doubtful. The Kings are getting a 5/6 defenseman to replace Matt Green at half the price. That's about it on their end.

Can VL play at all or is he just done ?
CharlieGirl
Registered Broad

Post #1400 by CharlieGirl » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:07 pm

He's been awful in Philly -- which is why he was a healthy scratch for weeks on end. Maybe he'll do alright in LA, but I wouldn't bet on it with the way they play. For his sake, I hope he does okay though.

Return to “Enjoy edgar_dong's evening beat”