2016 NFL Thread: UFA, Draft, Training Camps and Regular Season Predictions & Discussion

Jai Alai, anyone?
IcE ColD
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 41 times
Received rep: 94 times

2016 NFL Thread: UFA, Draft, Training Camps and Regular Season Predictions & Discussion

Post #1 by IcE ColD » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:51 pm

Yep, it is time for a new thread, draft starts tonight.

Yay!
This whole idea that we are even important is a fucking illusion. We’re just an accident left to our own devices.

Trent Reznor - 24/07/2018
PredsFan77
Has given rep: 141 times
Received rep: 414 times

Post #2 by PredsFan77 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:08 pm

I AM UP AT 1 AM TO SEE HOW THE TENNESSEE TITANS SCREW UP THIS DRAFT. GO TITANS GO.
PredsFan77

Post #3 by PredsFan77 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:17 pm

CANT KEEP MY EYES OPEN HAVE TO TITAN UP!!!
IcE ColD
Registered Broad

Post #4 by IcE ColD » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:32 pm

Only 30 minutes before it starts!
This whole idea that we are even important is a fucking illusion. We’re just an accident left to our own devices.

PredsFan77

Post #5 by PredsFan77 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:33 pm

TITAN UP
IcE ColD
Registered Broad

Post #6 by IcE ColD » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:48 pm

Oh ffs, start this thing already

Honus Joglund
Registered Broad
Received rep: 485 times

Post #7 by Honus Joglund » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:03 pm

I'm laughing at anyone that takes Jimmis Winston above the fourth round.
IcE ColD
Registered Broad

Post #8 by IcE ColD » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:05 pm

HE'LL GO 2ND ROFLFOFLFOFLFFLOFL

Konecny HypeTrain Captain
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 31 times
Received rep: 54 times

Post #9 by Konecny HypeTrain Captain » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:09 pm

Are the Eagles gonna trade the house for Marcus? Looks like they're trying too.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
What package are #Eagles talking about to go to No. 1 or No. 2? Two 1st rounders, a 3rd rounder, Fletcher Cox, Boykin, Kendricks, more. Wow.
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Registered Broad

Post #11 by Konecny HypeTrain Captain » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:19 pm

NO DEAL
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
mcphee
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 178 times
Received rep: 444 times

Post #12 by mcphee » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:19 pm

Hope the Giants take whatever ot is most likely to kill a man with his bare hands.
Honus Joglund
Registered Broad

Post #13 by Honus Joglund » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:21 pm

mcphee wrote:Hope the Giants take whatever ot is most likely to kill a man with his bare hands.

That would be La'el Collins by a million miles.

http://deadspin.com/what-the-hell-is-going-to-happen-to-lael-collins-tonigh-1701346234
PredsFan77

Post #14 by PredsFan77 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:29 pm

2:30 aM good night

And good luck
Twitter bArt
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 280 times
Received rep: 467 times

Post #15 by Twitter bArt » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:35 pm

do the Raiders have anyone to throw to Cooper
:mkbét::lr: :lr:

OOOH yeah life goes on, long after the thrill of Vinny is gone

It's too bad all the people that could really run the Habs are busy doing talk radio, writing blogs or posting on message boards.

Now, Lajoie is an imbecile, a cretin and a plagiarist, who to use author Dany Laferrière's deliciously withering expression, "lives beyond his intellectual means."

...as serious as a poutine shortage in Chicoutimi during a curling bonspiel...

Haddock wrote:I wouldn't know anything about that. I gave my soul up when I swore allegiance to the goddamn queen.

:lr: :lr: :lr:
Twitter bArt
Registered Broad

Post #16 by Twitter bArt » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:40 pm

So Iask here - Why do they have the arrow pointed to the player in the highlights. You'd think we'd could spot the guy making the play is the featured player.

It's too bad all the people that could really run the Habs are busy doing talk radio, writing blogs or posting on message boards.

Now, Lajoie is an imbecile, a cretin and a plagiarist, who to use author Dany Laferrière's deliciously withering expression, "lives beyond his intellectual means."

Haddock wrote:I wouldn't know anything about that. I gave my soul up when I swore allegiance to the goddamn queen.

IcE ColD
Registered Broad

Post #17 by IcE ColD » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:45 pm

Artie wrote:do the Raiders have anyone to throw to Cooper

Carr ain't bad

Twitter bArt
Registered Broad

Post #18 by Twitter bArt » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:46 pm

so how do the Jets fuck up another pick

Honus Joglund
Registered Broad

Post #19 by Honus Joglund » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:29 pm

Browns just drafted a guy with long hair wearing a dress.
Twitter bArt
Registered Broad

Post #20 by Twitter bArt » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:45 pm

Honus Joglund wrote:Browns just drafted a guy with long hair wearing a dress.

super fly jimmy snuka ?

mcphee
Registered Broad

Post #21 by mcphee » Mon May 04, 2015 10:49 am

So my beloved G Men will have at least 8 Canadians at their rookie camp next weekend. I'm thinking they're Canadian scout has a loud and commanding voice.
Registered Broad

Post #22 by Konecny HypeTrain Captain » Tue May 05, 2015 3:02 am

Eagles do the classy thing and fire their scouts after the draft.
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
mcphee
Registered Broad

Post #23 by mcphee » Tue May 05, 2015 3:05 pm

RIP Timo and Mason's GAA wrote:Eagles do the classy thing and fire their scouts after the draft.

Does this Chip fella figure he's reinvented football and will act accordingly ?
senate
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 261 times
Received rep: 434 times

Post #24 by senate » Wed May 06, 2015 3:34 pm

The Wells Report has concluded that the Patriots "more probable than not" purposely deflated the balls and Tom Brady was likely aware of it - but there is no evidence that Belichick, the coaching staff, or ownership knew about it.

Don't expect much in the way of consequences.
Shawnathan Horcoff
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 550 times
Received rep: 751 times

Post #25 by Shawnathan Horcoff » Wed May 06, 2015 4:19 pm

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
PredsFan77

Post #26 by PredsFan77 » Wed May 06, 2015 6:29 pm

[SIZE="7"][CENTER]*[/CENTER][/size]
CDX.NA.IG.9

[LEFT]Image[/LEFT]
mcphee
Registered Broad

Post #27 by mcphee » Thu May 07, 2015 11:29 am

19nazzy wrote:The greatest thing I've read in the report so far were the text messages by the other 2 people supposedly involved :D

Maybe there's reasoning I'm not getting here, and while the texts were funny, why are these even available ? I'm sure that anyone investigating wants internal communications, but don't these guys have the right to keep their communications private ? By what right can they demand this shit ?
Twitter bArt
Registered Broad

Post #28 by Twitter bArt » Thu May 07, 2015 11:41 am

mcphee wrote:Maybe there's reasoning I'm not getting here, and while the texts were funny, why are these even available ? I'm sure that anyone investigating wants internal communications, but don't these guys have the right to keep their communications private ? By what right can they demand this shit ?

The Patriot Act

IcE ColD
Registered Broad

Post #29 by IcE ColD » Thu May 07, 2015 12:43 pm

Grab your popcorn fellows, here is Tom Brady's agent response to the report:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000491604/article/tom-bradys-agent-issues-response-to-ted-wells-report

IcE ColD
Registered Broad

Post #30 by IcE ColD » Thu May 07, 2015 2:19 pm

19nazzy wrote:Yee makes some great points, but I'm also biased with the situation so I can't exactly be impartial. One of the biggest things that jumped out at me from the little I've read was that they tested all of the Patriots balls and just 4 of the Colts balls and made conclusions about the differences between the two based on that. Hardly 'scientific' proof.

Been reading here and there about the report (not sure I want to go through it all), but some raise questions about the objectivity of the investigation. One example: Wells said Patriots didn't acknowledge the NFL request about sending back McNally for further questioning while conveniently avoiding to say it was the fifth request only that was refused. Then again, I read those text messages between McNally and Jastremski, and well, they are quite incriminating. And fucking funny at the same time.

All in all, I think everyone is full of shit :danson:

Note: I find it weird for such a report to say that there is no proof that someone is guilty, but that this individual was "generally aware" of what was going on. If it's not meant as a jab straight to the face, I don't know what is.

senate
Registered Broad

Post #31 by senate » Thu May 07, 2015 2:45 pm

mcphee wrote:Maybe there's reasoning I'm not getting here, and while the texts were funny, why are these even available ? I'm sure that anyone investigating wants internal communications, but don't these guys have the right to keep their communications private ? By what right can they demand this shit ?

The Patriots ordered them to cooperate with the investigation. They were probably worried about their jobs and couldn't afford a lawyer, so they did.

Brady was ordered to cooperate too but he refused to release any of his texts, emails, or phone records related to the incident. The Patriots could probably punish him for that, but they won't because he is Tom Brady.
IcE ColD
Registered Broad

Post #32 by IcE ColD » Thu May 07, 2015 2:47 pm

senate wrote:The Patriots ordered them to cooperate with the investigation. They were probably worried about their jobs and couldn't afford a lawyer, so they did.

Brady was ordered to cooperate too but he refused to release any of his texts, emails, or phone records related to the incident. The Patriots could probably punish him for that, but they won't because he is Tom Brady.

And that one will probably (as it should) come bite him in the back.

senate
Registered Broad

Post #33 by senate » Thu May 07, 2015 3:07 pm

IcE ColD wrote:And that one will probably (as it should) come bite him in the back.

Yeah judging from his agent's comments, it sounds like the investigation completely dismissed Brady's testimony. The Brady camp were probably under the mistaken assumption that they had the right against self-incrimination in a workplace investigation.

Speaking of the agent, I find the accusation of a "sting" operation to be hilarious. The Patriots should have been warned by the NFL about the Colts's concerns before the game so the Patriots could have had the opportunity to not deflate the balls? The Patriots wouldn't have cheated if they knew they were going to get caught?
IcE ColD
Registered Broad

Post #34 by IcE ColD » Thu May 07, 2015 3:19 pm

senate wrote:Yeah judging from his agent's comments, it sounds like the investigation completely dismissed Brady's testimony. The Brady camp were probably under the mistaken assumption that they had the right against self-incrimination in a workplace investigation.

Speaking of the agent, I find the accusation of a "sting" operation to be hilarious. The Patriots should have been warned by the NFL about the Colts's concerns before the game so the Patriots could have had the opportunity to not deflate the balls? The Patriots wouldn't have cheated if they knew they were going to get caught?

The accusation are indeed quite funny. Of course giving a head's up to a cheater is the best way to make sure he won't be caught.

I read somewhere else that the main thing this report exposes is that there ain't no real official procedure and standard equipment in place validate the pressure in the footballs. If so, partly based on the shitstorm that ensued, I think it's a bit stupid. If that rule is so important, why not have all those balls handled only by League officials on game days?

It looks to me that this rule wasn't so much important prior to this whole debacle and that while it seems there has indeed been some cheating in this case, the League tries to make everyone forget that they never put anything in place to prevent such a thing from happening - which honestly shouldn't be that damn hard.

Honestly, I learned everything about how the footballs are handled on game day with this shit, beforehand I thought the League was providing the game day footballs.

Shawnathan Horcoff
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 550 times
Received rep: 751 times

Post #35 by Shawnathan Horcoff » Thu May 07, 2015 3:20 pm

senate wrote:Brady was ordered to cooperate too but he refused to release any of his texts, emails, or phone records related to the incident.

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
mcphee
Registered Broad

Post #36 by mcphee » Thu May 07, 2015 4:04 pm

IcE ColD wrote:The accusation are indeed quite funny. Of course giving a head's up to a cheater is the best way to make sure he won't be caught.

I read somewhere else that the main thing this report exposes is that there ain't no real official procedure and standard equipment in place validate the pressure in the footballs. If so, partly based on the shitstorm that ensued, I think it's a bit stupid. If that rule is so important, why not have all those balls handled only by League officials on game days?

It looks to me that this rule wasn't so much important prior to this whole debacle and that while it seems there has indeed been some cheating in this case, the League tries to make everyone forget that they never put anything in place to prevent such a thing from happening - which honestly shouldn't be that damn hard.

Honestly, I learned everything about how the footballs are handled on game day with this shit, beforehand I thought the League was providing the game day footballs.

I assume that Brady has a certain feel that he likes and is probably been vocal with th eguys, 'hey, it's like trying to grip a brick' with the guys. I doubt Brady can spell PSI. He probably didn't give regs much thought, but probably hounded the guys to give him balls to his liking. Hence them thinking he's a pain in the ass.
IcE ColD
Registered Broad

Post #37 by IcE ColD » Thu May 07, 2015 4:25 pm

mcphee wrote:I assume that Brady has a certain feel that he likes and is probably been vocal with th eguys, 'hey, it's like trying to grip a brick' with the guys. I doubt Brady can spell PSI. He probably didn't give regs much thought, but probably hounded the guys to give him balls to his liking. Hence them thinking he's a pain in the ass.

Well, this whole debacle did make it known to the football world that Brady usually likes his footballs to be near the lowest acceptable mark. So there's that something that fits the "he might not be as innocent as he make it sound" narrative. And yes, I guess with the status he has over there, he can be a pain in the ass about it. But to say that he was "generally aware that there was something going on" is a bit of a stretch to me, especially if they indeed ignored his testimony in the report.

This said, this thing just fueled the Patriots haters' hate and some Patriots fans holier-than-thou attitude, all this for a procedure that no one would even have cared about if that event never happened. I personally don't really care about it, it is indeed fucking sad that it happened, but I don't think it had much influence over the final score of that game. When you have some Colts players saying so, I think it gives some credence to this stance.

We'll see if the League thinks the Pats should be punished for it. If they do, I say the Pats will have deserved it.

But one thing is sure, my Patriots are polarizing, to say the least.

PredsFan77

Post #38 by PredsFan77 » Thu May 07, 2015 8:26 pm

CDX.NA.IG.9

[LEFT]Image[/LEFT]
senate
Registered Broad

Post #39 by senate » Mon May 11, 2015 5:44 pm

I don't believe it.

Tom Brady has been suspended four games. The New England Patriots were also fined $1 million and will lose a first round draft pick in 2016 and a fourth-round draft pick in 2017.
IcE ColD
Registered Broad

Post #40 by IcE ColD » Mon May 11, 2015 6:19 pm

So you can hit your child or your girlfriend and get an initial 2 games suspension, but don't you dare be "generally aware" that your footballs are 0.5 - 1.0 psi under the limit or you'll taste NFL's wrath!! :danson:

Honestly, not really surprised. Goodell hates people who breaks the rules in his league's rulebook, and the Pats are a repeat offender.

This said, 4 games is... big. For what the offense is. I mean, wouldn't that equate to suspending an NHL player because he played with an illegal curve on his stick?

Twitter bArt
Registered Broad

Post #41 by Twitter bArt » Mon May 11, 2015 6:33 pm

IcE ColD wrote:So you can hit your child or your girlfriend and get an initial 2 games suspension, but don't you dare be "generally aware" that your footballs are 0.5 - 1.0 psi under the limit or you'll taste NFL's wrath!! :danson:

Honestly, not really surprised. Goodell hates people who breaks the rules in his league's rulebook, and the Pats are a repeat offender.

This said, 4 games is... big. For what the offense is. I mean, wouldn't that equate to suspending an NHL player because he played with an illegal curve on his stick?

no it would be like using smaller unfrozen pucks

mcphee
Registered Broad

Post #42 by mcphee » Mon May 11, 2015 6:38 pm

Didn't see that coming.
IcE ColD
Registered Broad

Post #43 by IcE ColD » Mon May 11, 2015 6:38 pm

Artie wrote:no it would be like using smaller unfrozen pucks

I don't think it'd apply then... because both teams would be playing with the same puck, thus gaining the same competitive advantage. :dunno:

IcE ColD
Registered Broad

Post #44 by IcE ColD » Mon May 11, 2015 6:41 pm

Funnily enough, Brady will be able to start again during week #6, when the Pats are going to play... the Colts.

:danson:

senate
Registered Broad

Post #45 by senate » Mon May 11, 2015 6:49 pm

IcE ColD wrote:I don't think it'd apply then... because both teams would be playing with the same puck, thus gaining the same competitive advantage. :dunno:

The only comparisons that work are with baseball. Like a corking bat, over pine tarring a bat handle, spitballing, or replacing the ball with a softball.
IcE ColD
Registered Broad

Post #46 by IcE ColD » Mon May 11, 2015 6:50 pm

senate wrote:The only comparisons that work are with baseball. Like a corking bat, over pine tarring a bat handle, spitballing, or replacing the ball with a softball.

Makes sense

susf, just noticed the game against the Colts is a Sunday Night Football game.

It keeps on getting better by the minute

senate
Registered Broad

Post #47 by senate » Mon May 11, 2015 7:01 pm

Also, I think Brady probably got an extra three games for being asshole to the investigators.
IcE ColD
Registered Broad

Post #48 by IcE ColD » Mon May 11, 2015 7:04 pm

Pretty sure you're right, senate. Guilty until proven innocent!!

OK, now if Brady appeal, and I'm pretty sure he will, I think the suspension go down to 2 games. Anyone?

senate
Registered Broad

Post #49 by senate » Mon May 11, 2015 7:14 pm

I think the suspension gets reduced to one game, the first round draft pick doesn't get taken away, and the fine is reduced to something in the five digits. Those decisions are going to conveniently occur when the headlines are being taken up by a larger sports story in the summer - probably something to do with steroids in baseball, a basketball player murdering his girlfriend, or a post-Vonn Tiger Woods getting a STD.

IcE ColD wrote:Pretty sure you're right, senate. Guilty until proven innocent!!

Considering how impotent the NFLPA is, I would be amazed if there is a presumption of innocence in disciplinary matters.
PredsFan77

Post #50 by PredsFan77 » Mon May 11, 2015 7:59 pm

PredsFan77 wrote:[SIZE="7"][CENTER]*[/CENTER][/size]

[SIZE="6"][font="Impact"]FOREVER IN HISTORY. [/font][/size]
CDX.NA.IG.9

[LEFT]Image[/LEFT]

Return to “Fake Sports ... and Football”