2016 NFL Thread: UFA, Draft, Training Camps and Regular Season Predictions & Discussion

Jai Alai, anyone?
User avatar
PPJ
Registered Broad
Posts: 24275
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:48 pm
Location: The Cesspool
Has given rep: 79 times
Received rep: 126 times

Re: 2016 NFL Thread: UFA, Draft, Training Camps and Regular Season Predictions & Discussion

Post #151 by PPJ » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:23 am

I hereby refuse to watch another Bills game as long as EJ Manuel is on the playing roster. Good day.
User avatar
IcE ColD
Registered Broad
Posts: 36037
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:37 pm
Location: Out of Purgatory
Has given rep: 40 times
Received rep: 80 times

Re: 2016 NFL Thread: UFA, Draft, Training Camps and Regular Season Predictions & Discussion

Post #152 by IcE ColD » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:51 am

Psycho Papa Joe wrote:I hereby refuse to watch another Bills game as long as Rex Ryan is the head coach. Good day.


That should be more accurate, Joe.
This whole idea that we are even important is a fucking illusion. We’re just an accident left to our own devices.

Trent Reznor - 24/07/2018
User avatar
PPJ
Registered Broad
Posts: 24275
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:48 pm
Location: The Cesspool
Has given rep: 79 times
Received rep: 126 times

Re: 2016 NFL Thread: UFA, Draft, Training Camps and Regular Season Predictions & Discussion

Post #153 by PPJ » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:18 am

:shrugs:
User avatar
IcE ColD
Registered Broad
Posts: 36037
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:37 pm
Location: Out of Purgatory
Has given rep: 40 times
Received rep: 80 times

Re: 2016 NFL Thread: UFA, Draft, Training Camps and Regular Season Predictions & Discussion

Post #154 by IcE ColD » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:02 pm

Banane, I still think the Raiders look legit this year. Like, they look like a real football team. That Carr/Cooper tandem is also very real.

I'll come back to post the exact same thing a month from now. Maybe it'll make it true at one point.
This whole idea that we are even important is a fucking illusion. We’re just an accident left to our own devices.

Trent Reznor - 24/07/2018
User avatar
19nazzy
Registered Broad
Posts: 3579
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:34 am
Location: Your nightmares
Has given rep: 25 times
Received rep: 12 times

Re: 2016 NFL Thread: UFA, Draft, Training Camps and Regular Season Predictions & Discussion

Post #155 by 19nazzy » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:14 pm

Dion Lewis is out for the year with a torn ACL :/

If the Pats somehow get through all of the injuries on offense, Brady and Belichick cement their legacies as best QB/Coach ever.
User avatar
IcE ColD
Registered Broad
Posts: 36037
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:37 pm
Location: Out of Purgatory
Has given rep: 40 times
Received rep: 80 times

Re: 2016 NFL Thread: UFA, Draft, Training Camps and Regular Season Predictions & Discussion

Post #156 by IcE ColD » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:17 pm

19nazzy wrote:Dion Lewis is out for the year with a torn ACL :/

If the Pats somehow get through all of the injuries on offense, Brady and Belichick cement their legacies as best QB/Coach ever.


Bolden will (try to) take care of what Dion was doing, fear not, fellow fan.

Now if one or two injured guy(s) from the O-line could get back healthy, that'd be hella fun.
This whole idea that we are even important is a fucking illusion. We’re just an accident left to our own devices.

Trent Reznor - 24/07/2018
User avatar
PPJ
Registered Broad
Posts: 24275
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:48 pm
Location: The Cesspool
Has given rep: 79 times
Received rep: 126 times

Re: 2016 NFL Thread: UFA, Draft, Training Camps and Regular Season Predictions & Discussion

Post #157 by PPJ » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:37 am

Those were some ugly uniforms the bills were wearing last night. Rex is a douche for that stupid sideline celebration he did. It week 9 and you're only 5-4 goof.

Pretty incredible how much better this team is with Taylor in there instead of Manuel.
User avatar
IcE ColD
Registered Broad
Posts: 36037
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:37 pm
Location: Out of Purgatory
Has given rep: 40 times
Received rep: 80 times

Re: 2016 NFL Thread: UFA, Draft, Training Camps and Regular Season Predictions & Discussion

Post #158 by IcE ColD » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:12 am

Psycho Papa Joe wrote:Those were some ugly uniforms the bills were wearing last night. Rex is a douche for that stupid sideline celebration he did. It week 9 and you're only 5-4 goof.

Pretty incredible how much better this team is with Taylor in there instead of Manuel.


That's "Color Rush" for you. Colorblind NFL fans were not pleased susf

I found myself cheering for the Jets in that game :facepalm:
This whole idea that we are even important is a fucking illusion. We’re just an accident left to our own devices.

Trent Reznor - 24/07/2018
User avatar
19nazzy
Registered Broad
Posts: 3579
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:34 am
Location: Your nightmares
Has given rep: 25 times
Received rep: 12 times

Re: 2016 NFL Thread: UFA, Draft, Training Camps and Regular Season Predictions & Discussion

Post #159 by 19nazzy » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:58 pm

That was a butt clencher
User avatar
19nazzy
Registered Broad
Posts: 3579
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:34 am
Location: Your nightmares
Has given rep: 25 times
Received rep: 12 times

Re: 2016 NFL Thread: UFA, Draft, Training Camps and Regular Season Predictions & Discussion

Post #160 by 19nazzy » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:37 pm

Also
Image
User avatar
Shawnathan Horcoff
Registered Broad
Posts: 37713
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:51 am
Has given rep: 510 times
Received rep: 673 times

Re: 2016 NFL Thread: UFA, Draft, Training Camps and Regular Season Predictions & Discussion

Post #161 by Shawnathan Horcoff » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:26 pm

Never in doubt, SwedishIceHockeyLegendMarkNaslund19. Image
User avatar
VLoo
Posts: 9459
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:33 am
Has given rep: 81 times
Received rep: 101 times

Re: 2016 NFL Thread: UFA, Draft, Training Camps and Regular Season Predictions & Discussion

Post #162 by VLoo » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:31 pm

I'm glad somebody got that. I laughed and laughed when I saw it on RedZone
User avatar
19nazzy
Registered Broad
Posts: 3579
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:34 am
Location: Your nightmares
Has given rep: 25 times
Received rep: 12 times

Re: 2016 NFL Thread: UFA, Draft, Training Camps and Regular Season Predictions & Discussion

Post #163 by 19nazzy » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:42 am

edgar_dong wrote:Never in doubt, SwedishIceHockeyLegendMarkNaslund19. Image

I got excited and thought we had this as a smilie. Guess not.

Someone needs to make it happen
User avatar
Shawnathan Horcoff
Registered Broad
Posts: 37713
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:51 am
Has given rep: 510 times
Received rep: 673 times

Re: 2016 NFL Thread: UFA, Draft, Training Camps and Regular Season Predictions & Discussion

Post #164 by Shawnathan Horcoff » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:54 am

Yoséf says it should be me in charge of that. :yoséf_legend:

EDIT: :why:
User avatar
PPJ
Registered Broad
Posts: 24275
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:48 pm
Location: The Cesspool
Has given rep: 79 times
Received rep: 126 times

Re: 2016 NFL Thread: UFA, Draft, Training Camps and Regular Season Predictions & Discussion

Post #165 by PPJ » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:46 am

edgar_dong wrote:Yoséf says it should be me in charge of that. :yoséf_legend:

EDIT: :why:


:craigisevil:

:why:
User avatar
Shawnathan Horcoff
Registered Broad
Posts: 37713
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:51 am
Has given rep: 510 times
Received rep: 673 times

Re: 2016 NFL Thread: UFA, Draft, Training Camps and Regular Season Predictions & Discussion

Post #166 by Shawnathan Horcoff » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:18 pm

Image
User avatar
Shawnathan Horcoff
Registered Broad
Posts: 37713
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:51 am
Has given rep: 510 times
Received rep: 673 times

Re: 2016 NFL Thread: UFA, Draft, Training Camps and Regular Season Predictions & Discussion

Post #167 by Shawnathan Horcoff » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:18 pm

Wrong fred. :donger:
User avatar
PPJ
Registered Broad
Posts: 24275
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:48 pm
Location: The Cesspool
Has given rep: 79 times
Received rep: 126 times

Re: 2016 NFL Thread: UFA, Draft, Training Camps and Regular Season Predictions & Discussion

Post #168 by PPJ » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:42 pm

BULLSHIT! BULLSHIT! BULLSHIT! BULLSHIT! BULLSHIT! BULLSHIT! BULLSHIT! BULLSHIT! BULLSHIT! BULLSHIT! BULLSHIT! BULLSHIT! BULLSHIT! BULLSHIT! BULLSHIT! BULLSHIT! BULLSHIT! BULLSHIT! BULLSHIT! BULLSHIT! BULLSHIT! BULLSHIT! BULLSHIT! BULLSHIT! BULLSHIT! BULLSHIT! BULLSHIT! BULLSHIT! BULLSHIT! BULLSHIT!

That is all.
User avatar
IcE ColD
Registered Broad
Posts: 36037
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:37 pm
Location: Out of Purgatory
Has given rep: 40 times
Received rep: 80 times

Re: 2016 NFL Thread: UFA, Draft, Training Camps and Regular Season Predictions & Discussion

Post #169 by IcE ColD » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:47 pm

I do agree that your team is full of bullshit, Joe.

Sorry for you.
This whole idea that we are even important is a fucking illusion. We’re just an accident left to our own devices.

Trent Reznor - 24/07/2018
User avatar
PPJ
Registered Broad
Posts: 24275
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:48 pm
Location: The Cesspool
Has given rep: 79 times
Received rep: 126 times

Re: 2016 NFL Thread: UFA, Draft, Training Camps and Regular Season Predictions & Discussion

Post #170 by PPJ » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:47 pm

Cheater, cheater, pumpkin eaters.
User avatar
IcE ColD
Registered Broad
Posts: 36037
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:37 pm
Location: Out of Purgatory
Has given rep: 40 times
Received rep: 80 times

Re: 2016 NFL Thread: UFA, Draft, Training Camps and Regular Season Predictions & Discussion

Post #171 by IcE ColD » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:18 pm

Psycho Papa Joe wrote:Cheater, cheater, SB winners.


:danson:
This whole idea that we are even important is a fucking illusion. We’re just an accident left to our own devices.

Trent Reznor - 24/07/2018
User avatar
19nazzy
Registered Broad
Posts: 3579
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:34 am
Location: Your nightmares
Has given rep: 25 times
Received rep: 12 times

Re: 2016 NFL Thread: UFA, Draft, Training Camps and Regular Season Predictions & Discussion

Post #172 by 19nazzy » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:07 pm

IcE ColD wrote:
Psycho Papa Joe wrote:Cheater, cheater, SB winners.


:danson:

Image
User avatar
PPJ
Registered Broad
Posts: 24275
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:48 pm
Location: The Cesspool
Has given rep: 79 times
Received rep: 126 times

Re: 2016 NFL Thread: UFA, Draft, Training Camps and Regular Season Predictions & Discussion

Post #173 by PPJ » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:56 am

Great Moments in Sports:

Image

Image

Image

Image
User avatar
19nazzy
Registered Broad
Posts: 3579
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:34 am
Location: Your nightmares
Has given rep: 25 times
Received rep: 12 times

Re: 2016 NFL Thread: UFA, Draft, Training Camps and Regular Season Predictions & Discussion

Post #174 by 19nazzy » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:29 am

Image
User avatar
PPJ
Registered Broad
Posts: 24275
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:48 pm
Location: The Cesspool
Has given rep: 79 times
Received rep: 126 times

Re: 2016 NFL Thread: UFA, Draft, Training Camps and Regular Season Predictions & Discussion

Post #175 by PPJ » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:48 am

Stop living in the past.

PS Kelly was the true fuckup on that drive. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
User avatar
IcE ColD
Registered Broad
Posts: 36037
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:37 pm
Location: Out of Purgatory
Has given rep: 40 times
Received rep: 80 times

Re: 2016 NFL Thread: UFA, Draft, Training Camps and Regular Season Predictions & Discussion

Post #176 by IcE ColD » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:11 am

Psycho Papa Joe wrote:Stop living in the past.

PS Kelly was the true fuckup on that drive. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.


Hey, you brought the past up with the Johnson, Armstrong and Bonds picture, not we!!
This whole idea that we are even important is a fucking illusion. We’re just an accident left to our own devices.

Trent Reznor - 24/07/2018
User avatar
PPJ
Registered Broad
Posts: 24275
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:48 pm
Location: The Cesspool
Has given rep: 79 times
Received rep: 126 times

Re: 2016 NFL Thread: UFA, Draft, Training Camps and Regular Season Predictions & Discussion

Post #177 by PPJ » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:19 am

IcE ColD wrote:
Psycho Papa Joe wrote:Stop living in the past.

PS Kelly was the true fuckup on that drive. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.


Hey, you brought the past up with the Johnson, Armstrong and Bonds picture, not we!!



OMG! You're right.

Image

:wink:
User avatar
mcphee
Registered Broad
Posts: 36676
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:27 am
Has given rep: 162 times
Received rep: 374 times

Re: 2016 NFL Thread: UFA, Draft, Training Camps and Regular Season Predictions & Discussion

Post #178 by mcphee » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:20 am

Psycho Papa Joe wrote:Stop living in the past.

PS Kelly was the true fuckup on that drive. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.


Watching as a Giants fan, I agreed at the time. I thought he had 1 or 2 brain cramps, gave away about 10 yards. The day after that game, I went to Buffalo to spend a few days with a supplier for training. I graciously didn't talk football much.
User avatar
PPJ
Registered Broad
Posts: 24275
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:48 pm
Location: The Cesspool
Has given rep: 79 times
Received rep: 126 times

Re: 2016 NFL Thread: UFA, Draft, Training Camps and Regular Season Predictions & Discussion

Post #179 by PPJ » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:23 am

mcphee wrote:
Psycho Papa Joe wrote:Stop living in the past.

PS Kelly was the true fuckup on that drive. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.


Watching as a Giants fan, I agreed at the time. I thought he had 1 or 2 brain cramps, gave away about 10 yards. The day after that game, I went to Buffalo to spend a few days with a supplier for training. I graciously didn't talk football much.


I do hope you wore some Giants paraphernalia. I like the Bills, but breaking people's balls can be fun. Bills fans, like most die hard NFL fans, do tend to take things way too seriously. I don't know now many times I've got the evil eye for saying, 'it's just men playing a boys game, just enjoy it for what it is'.
User avatar
IcE ColD
Registered Broad
Posts: 36037
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:37 pm
Location: Out of Purgatory
Has given rep: 40 times
Received rep: 80 times

Re: 2016 NFL Thread: UFA, Draft, Training Camps and Regular Season Predictions & Discussion

Post #180 by IcE ColD » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:46 am

Psycho Papa Joe wrote:
IcE ColD wrote:
Psycho Papa Joe wrote:Stop living in the past.

PS Kelly was the true fuckup on that drive. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.


Hey, you brought the past up with the Johnson, Armstrong and Bonds picture, not we!!



OMG! You're right.

[img]...[/img]

:wink:


Still the past... :bettman:
This whole idea that we are even important is a fucking illusion. We’re just an accident left to our own devices.

Trent Reznor - 24/07/2018
User avatar
mcphee
Registered Broad
Posts: 36676
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:27 am
Has given rep: 162 times
Received rep: 374 times

Re: 2016 NFL Thread: UFA, Draft, Training Camps and Regular Season Predictions & Discussion

Post #181 by mcphee » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:49 am

Psycho Papa Joe wrote:
mcphee wrote:
Psycho Papa Joe wrote:Stop living in the past.

PS Kelly was the true fuckup on that drive. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.


Watching as a Giants fan, I agreed at the time. I thought he had 1 or 2 brain cramps, gave away about 10 yards. The day after that game, I went to Buffalo to spend a few days with a supplier for training. I graciously didn't talk football much.


I do hope you wore some Giants paraphernalia. I like the Bills, but breaking people's balls can be fun. Bills fans, like most die hard NFL fans, do tend to take things way too seriously. I don't know now many times I've got the evil eye for saying, 'it's just men playing a boys game, just enjoy it for what it is'.


I was struck by how public the team support was. A lot of houses or prerties bordered the edge of local roads and driving in from the airport I was struck by how many banners or flags or signs were visible everywhere. I think the Kelly era team got more than the traditional football crowd involved. It was cool for women to go as well. I don't know if that started evolving all over the league or Buffalo just had the 'big team in a small town' thing going on.


I wouldn't have taken satisfaction bugging anyone that heartbroken.
User avatar
IcE ColD
Registered Broad
Posts: 36037
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:37 pm
Location: Out of Purgatory
Has given rep: 40 times
Received rep: 80 times

Re: 2016 NFL Thread: UFA, Draft, Training Camps and Regular Season Predictions & Discussion

Post #182 by IcE ColD » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:56 am

mcphee wrote:
Psycho Papa Joe wrote:
mcphee wrote:
Watching as a Giants fan, I agreed at the time. I thought he had 1 or 2 brain cramps, gave away about 10 yards. The day after that game, I went to Buffalo to spend a few days with a supplier for training. I graciously didn't talk football much.


I do hope you wore some Giants paraphernalia. I like the Bills, but breaking people's balls can be fun. Bills fans, like most die hard NFL fans, do tend to take things way too seriously. I don't know now many times I've got the evil eye for saying, 'it's just men playing a boys game, just enjoy it for what it is'.


I was struck by how public the team support was. A lot of houses or prerties bordered the edge of local roads and driving in from the airport I was struck by how many banners or flags or signs were visible everywhere. I think the Kelly era team got more than the traditional football crowd involved. It was cool for women to go as well. I don't know if that started evolving all over the league or Buffalo just had the 'big team in a small town' thing going on.


I wouldn't have taken satisfaction bugging anyone that heartbroken.


I don't usually take satisfaction bugging anyone who is a Bills fan with that stuff, but I do make an exception when I am tentatively trolled.

Donnant-donnant! :danson:
This whole idea that we are even important is a fucking illusion. We’re just an accident left to our own devices.

Trent Reznor - 24/07/2018
User avatar
mcphee
Registered Broad
Posts: 36676
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:27 am
Has given rep: 162 times
Received rep: 374 times

Re: 2016 NFL Thread: UFA, Draft, Training Camps and Regular Season Predictions & Discussion

Post #183 by mcphee » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:26 am

IcE ColD wrote:
mcphee wrote:
Psycho Papa Joe wrote:
I do hope you wore some Giants paraphernalia. I like the Bills, but breaking people's balls can be fun. Bills fans, like most die hard NFL fans, do tend to take things way too seriously. I don't know now many times I've got the evil eye for saying, 'it's just men playing a boys game, just enjoy it for what it is'.


I was struck by how public the team support was. A lot of houses or prerties bordered the edge of local roads and driving in from the airport I was struck by how many banners or flags or signs were visible everywhere. I think the Kelly era team got more than the traditional football crowd involved. It was cool for women to go as well. I don't know if that started evolving all over the league or Buffalo just had the 'big team in a small town' thing going on.


I wouldn't have taken satisfaction bugging anyone that heartbroken.


I don't usually take satisfaction bugging anyone who is a Bills fan with that stuff, but I do make an exception when I am tentatively trolled.

Donnant-donnant! :danson:


Yeah. Retaliation is A OK when presented to you. It's like bugging Leaf fans, at a point, why bother, they've gone through rough times for awhile now, there's no fun there. I guess I can see fans out west in cities where there are still traditional original 6 loyalties, wanting to flaunt the home team in there faces but why bother.

I always kind of liked the Patriots going way back, and I respect the modern day version, they're a model of how to put a team together year after year, but I don't find them a likable bunch. I think I picked for them in all of their Super Bowls not including the Giants.
User avatar
IcE ColD
Registered Broad
Posts: 36037
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:37 pm
Location: Out of Purgatory
Has given rep: 40 times
Received rep: 80 times

Re: 2016 NFL Thread: UFA, Draft, Training Camps and Regular Season Predictions & Discussion

Post #184 by IcE ColD » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:36 pm

mcphee wrote:Yeah. Retaliation is A OK when presented to you. It's like bugging Leaf fans, at a point, why bother, they've gone through rough times for awhile now, there's no fun there. I guess I can see fans out west in cities where there are still traditional original 6 loyalties, wanting to flaunt the home team in there faces but why bother.

I always kind of liked the Patriots going way back, and I respect the modern day version, they're a model of how to put a team together year after year, but I don't find them a likable bunch. I think I picked for them in all of their Super Bowls not including the Giants.


The Patriots honestly reminds me of the 90s Red Wings, as far as being a model franchise to the rest of the league goes. For fans of other teams, they're indeed not a likable bunch, but I think this is more due to how Belichick runs the franchise (and let's be honest - his personality) than anything else. We've seen him take heartbreaking decisions through the years regarding some fan-favorite players but in the end, he runs that team just like it should to be successful: get rid of veterans that are getting on the less productive side of their career while they still have some market value, replace them with young players drafted by the organization, make sure everyone can play more than one position on the field (especially true for OL, as we have witnessed so far this year), get rid of players who do not adhere fully to the team's motto (Do Your Job), etc.

In the last few years, it broke my heart to see Richard Seymour and Logan Mankins be traded away, but this team adapts so well and quick that you kinda stop missing those players quite fast.
This whole idea that we are even important is a fucking illusion. We’re just an accident left to our own devices.

Trent Reznor - 24/07/2018
User avatar
mcphee
Registered Broad
Posts: 36676
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:27 am
Has given rep: 162 times
Received rep: 374 times

Re: 2016 NFL Thread: UFA, Draft, Training Camps and Regular Season Predictions & Discussion

Post #185 by mcphee » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:11 pm

IcE ColD wrote:
mcphee wrote:Yeah. Retaliation is A OK when presented to you. It's like bugging Leaf fans, at a point, why bother, they've gone through rough times for awhile now, there's no fun there. I guess I can see fans out west in cities where there are still traditional original 6 loyalties, wanting to flaunt the home team in there faces but why bother.

I always kind of liked the Patriots going way back, and I respect the modern day version, they're a model of how to put a team together year after year, but I don't find them a likable bunch. I think I picked for them in all of their Super Bowls not including the Giants.


The Patriots honestly reminds me of the 90s Red Wings, as far as being a model franchise to the rest of the league goes. For fans of other teams, they're indeed not a likable bunch, but I think this is more due to how Belichick runs the franchise (and let's be honest - his personality) than anything else. We've seen him take heartbreaking decisions through the years regarding some fan-favorite players but in the end, he runs that team just like it should to be successful: get rid of veterans that are getting on the less productive side of their career while they still have some market value, replace them with young players drafted by the organization, make sure everyone can play more than one position on the field (especially true for OL, as we have witnessed so far this year), get rid of players who do not adhere fully to the team's motto (Do Your Job), etc.

In the last few years, it broke my heart to see Richard Seymour and Logan Mankins be traded away, but this team adapts so well and quick that you kinda stop missing those players quite fast.


Belichik is a bit like Bowman in that he is consumed by the game. If media was better at their jobs, and did features on his thoughts on the game rather than, trying to get him to say something snotty about the opposition, we'd learn something.
User avatar
IcE ColD
Registered Broad
Posts: 36037
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:37 pm
Location: Out of Purgatory
Has given rep: 40 times
Received rep: 80 times

Re: 2016 NFL Thread: UFA, Draft, Training Camps and Regular Season Predictions & Discussion

Post #186 by IcE ColD » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:31 pm

mcphee wrote:Belichik is a bit like Bowman in that he is consumed by the game. If media was better at their jobs, and did features on his thoughts on the game rather than, trying to get him to say something snotty about the opposition, we'd learn something.


Completely agree with you, dear friend. The guy is reknown to be a football encyclopedia, but the media seem indeed more inclined to try and get him to say something he'd regret (snotty about the opposition, as if it would ever happen from Belichik susf) rather than trying to show the man behind the coach.

I remember hearing that there was a special on TV or a big feature in a magazine/journal on Belichik just before this season. IIRC, it sounded like it was taking care of showing the people that part of him more in details, but I fail to remember who did it.

:why:
This whole idea that we are even important is a fucking illusion. We’re just an accident left to our own devices.

Trent Reznor - 24/07/2018
User avatar
PPJ
Registered Broad
Posts: 24275
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:48 pm
Location: The Cesspool
Has given rep: 79 times
Received rep: 126 times

Re: 2016 NFL Thread: UFA, Draft, Training Camps and Regular Season Predictions & Discussion

Post #187 by PPJ » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:50 pm

IcE ColD wrote:
mcphee wrote:
Psycho Papa Joe wrote:
I do hope you wore some Giants paraphernalia. I like the Bills, but breaking people's balls can be fun. Bills fans, like most die hard NFL fans, do tend to take things way too seriously. I don't know now many times I've got the evil eye for saying, 'it's just men playing a boys game, just enjoy it for what it is'.


I was struck by how public the team support was. A lot of houses or prerties bordered the edge of local roads and driving in from the airport I was struck by how many banners or flags or signs were visible everywhere. I think the Kelly era team got more than the traditional football crowd involved. It was cool for women to go as well. I don't know if that started evolving all over the league or Buffalo just had the 'big team in a small town' thing going on.


I wouldn't have taken satisfaction bugging anyone that heartbroken.


I don't usually take satisfaction bugging anyone who is a Bills fan with that stuff, but I do make an exception when I am tentatively trolled.

Donnant-donnant! :danson:


I'm just kidding around most of the time. The funny thing is, there are people who actually believe what I joke about. I don't even hate the Pats, unlike a couple of other Boston area teams. I am tired of them being good though. I'd rather new teams being good, if it isn't going to be my favourite teams.

In the NFL I hate just two franchises, the Dolphins and Cowboys. I like three, the Bills, Steelers and Packers. That's it. Everybody else is tied for forth.
User avatar
mcphee
Registered Broad
Posts: 36676
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:27 am
Has given rep: 162 times
Received rep: 374 times

Re: 2016 NFL Thread: UFA, Draft, Training Camps and Regular Season Predictions & Discussion

Post #188 by mcphee » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:56 pm

Psycho Papa Joe wrote:
IcE ColD wrote:
mcphee wrote:
I was struck by how public the team support was. A lot of houses or prerties bordered the edge of local roads and driving in from the airport I was struck by how many banners or flags or signs were visible everywhere. I think the Kelly era team got more than the traditional football crowd involved. It was cool for women to go as well. I don't know if that started evolving all over the league or Buffalo just had the 'big team in a small town' thing going on.


I wouldn't have taken satisfaction bugging anyone that heartbroken.


I don't usually take satisfaction bugging anyone who is a Bills fan with that stuff, but I do make an exception when I am tentatively trolled.

Donnant-donnant! :danson:

Cowboys and Eagles for me. Not fond of the current Seahawks, too many cries for attention, but Cowboys never disappoint, they become more distasteful every day. The Steelers and Pats are very similar as org's go. They do things their way and usually very well, and can say that because nothing goes too awry because they have hof QB's.
I'm just kidding around most of the time. The funny thing is, there are people who actually believe what I joke about. I don't even hate the Pats, unlike a couple of other Boston area teams. I am tired of them being good though. I'd rather new teams being good, if it isn't going to be my favourite teams.

In the NFL I hate just two franchises, the Dolphins and Cowboys. I like three, the Bills, Steelers and Packers. That's it. Everybody else is tied for forth.
User avatar
IcE ColD
Registered Broad
Posts: 36037
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:37 pm
Location: Out of Purgatory
Has given rep: 40 times
Received rep: 80 times

Re: 2016 NFL Thread: UFA, Draft, Training Camps and Regular Season Predictions & Discussion

Post #189 by IcE ColD » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:51 pm

Psycho Papa Joe wrote:I'm just kidding around most of the time. The funny thing is, there are people who actually believe what I joke about. I don't even hate the Pats, unlike a couple of other Boston area teams. I am tired of them being good though. I'd rather new teams being good, if it isn't going to be my favourite teams.

In the NFL I hate just two franchises, the Dolphins and Cowboys. I like three, the Bills, Steelers and Packers. That's it. Everybody else is tied for forth.


After all these years, I know ya ain't beign dead serious about that stuff, hehehe

I guess I could be happy to see new teams have more success, but I do feel like the current Pats are giving what taste you guys has with the Habs when you were younger: a winning franchise that keeps on being very successful. The Patriots will never be the same as what the Habs had, but it's fun to root for a very successful franchise. Bledsoe's the cause of my Pats fandom (and yes, I was pissed when Brady kept the job once Bledsoe got healthy - silly me), so it feels even more special since I didn't jump on the bandwagon at the station, not while it was winning/had already won it all.

mcphee wrote:Cowboys and Eagles for me. Not fond of the current Seahawks, too many cries for attention, but Cowboys never disappoint, they become more distasteful every day. The Steelers and Pats are very similar as org's go. They do things their way and usually very well, and can say that because nothing goes too awry because they have hof QB's.


I'm trying to think about teams I hate and I can't come up with one anymore. Giants got that spot for a couple years for very obvious reasons, but besides, I usually dislike some specific players/coaches more than whole teams. I've been watching a lot more NFL football this year, to the tune of 3-4 games a week (the Pats game and whichever games look more promising), and I think it has helped me appreciate what other teams are trying to do a bit more.

This said, there are franchise that I see as being "the enemy", but the feeling is not strong enough to be labelled as "hate"... it's mostly a strong sentiment of rivalry. :danson:
This whole idea that we are even important is a fucking illusion. We’re just an accident left to our own devices.

Trent Reznor - 24/07/2018
User avatar
PPJ
Registered Broad
Posts: 24275
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:48 pm
Location: The Cesspool
Has given rep: 79 times
Received rep: 126 times

Re: 2016 NFL Thread: UFA, Draft, Training Camps and Regular Season Predictions & Discussion

Post #190 by PPJ » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:50 am

Damn you guys. Why didn't you remind me there was football games yesterday afternoon? Missed the pool deadline and had two less games from which to pick.
User avatar
IcE ColD
Registered Broad
Posts: 36037
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:37 pm
Location: Out of Purgatory
Has given rep: 40 times
Received rep: 80 times

Re: 2016 NFL Thread: UFA, Draft, Training Camps and Regular Season Predictions & Discussion

Post #191 by IcE ColD » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:20 am

Oups ...

Might as well do just that: PPJ, there'll be games during the day on Thankgiving next year.

There, my job is done for next year.
This whole idea that we are even important is a fucking illusion. We’re just an accident left to our own devices.

Trent Reznor - 24/07/2018
User avatar
Shawnathan Horcoff
Registered Broad
Posts: 37713
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:51 am
Has given rep: 510 times
Received rep: 673 times

Re: 2016 NFL Thread: UFA, Draft, Training Camps and Regular Season Predictions & Discussion

Post #192 by Shawnathan Horcoff » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:22 am

I almost put $500 on the Cowboys yesterday on Bet365. Image
User avatar
PPJ
Registered Broad
Posts: 24275
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:48 pm
Location: The Cesspool
Has given rep: 79 times
Received rep: 126 times

Re: 2016 NFL Thread: UFA, Draft, Training Camps and Regular Season Predictions & Discussion

Post #193 by PPJ » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:31 am

Dallas, LOL!
User avatar
PPJ
Registered Broad
Posts: 24275
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:48 pm
Location: The Cesspool
Has given rep: 79 times
Received rep: 126 times

Re: 2016 NFL Thread: UFA, Draft, Training Camps and Regular Season Predictions & Discussion

Post #194 by PPJ » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:39 am

I put the Jinx on NE by picking them. If you guys had given me the Heads up about the Turkey Day games I would have gone with Carolina instead. You only have yourselves to blame.
User avatar
19nazzy
Registered Broad
Posts: 3579
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:34 am
Location: Your nightmares
Has given rep: 25 times
Received rep: 12 times

Re: 2016 NFL Thread: UFA, Draft, Training Camps and Regular Season Predictions & Discussion

Post #195 by 19nazzy » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:33 pm

RIP Pats season
User avatar
19nazzy
Registered Broad
Posts: 3579
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:34 am
Location: Your nightmares
Has given rep: 25 times
Received rep: 12 times

Re: 2016 NFL Thread: UFA, Draft, Training Camps and Regular Season Predictions & Discussion

Post #196 by 19nazzy » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:34 pm

No reason to be throwing there either. Stupid call.
User avatar
19nazzy
Registered Broad
Posts: 3579
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:34 am
Location: Your nightmares
Has given rep: 25 times
Received rep: 12 times

Re: 2016 NFL Thread: UFA, Draft, Training Camps and Regular Season Predictions & Discussion

Post #197 by 19nazzy » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:45 pm

GG Refs
User avatar
19nazzy
Registered Broad
Posts: 3579
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:34 am
Location: Your nightmares
Has given rep: 25 times
Received rep: 12 times

Re: 2016 NFL Thread: UFA, Draft, Training Camps and Regular Season Predictions & Discussion

Post #198 by 19nazzy » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:49 pm

Hey look, the Broncos get a free timeout and the clock keeps running too.

GTFO
User avatar
19nazzy
Registered Broad
Posts: 3579
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:34 am
Location: Your nightmares
Has given rep: 25 times
Received rep: 12 times

Re: 2016 NFL Thread: UFA, Draft, Training Camps and Regular Season Predictions & Discussion

Post #199 by 19nazzy » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:49 pm

Gostkowski is unfreakingbelievable
User avatar
PPJ
Registered Broad
Posts: 24275
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:48 pm
Location: The Cesspool
Has given rep: 79 times
Received rep: 126 times

Re: 2016 NFL Thread: UFA, Draft, Training Camps and Regular Season Predictions & Discussion

Post #200 by PPJ » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:15 am

I was telling my NE Pats friend last week that IMO, NE would lose one game this this season, including playoffs. He agreed and said it would be good to get it out of the way now, rather than in the playoffs. Apparantly the injury isn't as bad as it looked and I'm guessing he'll be ready for the playoffs.

Return to “Fake Sports ... and Football”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest