The Music Thread (v3.0)

Jackson Pollock's semen.
User avatar
Slick Nick
Registered Broad
Posts: 9542
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:40 pm
Has given rep: 1224 times
Received rep: 761 times

Re: The Music Thread (v3.0)

Post #1701 by Slick Nick » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:06 am

Portorican boys are in town for a murale for a cancer casualty friend.. chichaito actafoolnight in plans.

Image
User avatar
Retardé S
Registered Broad
Posts: 18743
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:18 pm
Has given rep: 1106 times
Received rep: 1115 times

Re: The Music Thread (v3.0)

Post #1702 by Retardé S » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:09 am

User avatar
Slick Nick
Registered Broad
Posts: 9542
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:40 pm
Has given rep: 1224 times
Received rep: 761 times

Re: The Music Thread (v3.0)

Post #1703 by Slick Nick » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:10 am

User avatar
Retardé S
Registered Broad
Posts: 18743
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:18 pm
Has given rep: 1106 times
Received rep: 1115 times

Re: The Music Thread (v3.0)

Post #1704 by Retardé S » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:12 am

Slick Nick wrote:Portorican boys are in town for a murale for a cancer casualty friend.. chichaito actafoolnight in plans.

Image


Oh shit ça niaise pas

Image
User avatar
Slick Nick
Registered Broad
Posts: 9542
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:40 pm
Has given rep: 1224 times
Received rep: 761 times

Re: The Music Thread (v3.0)

Post #1705 by Slick Nick » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:13 am

User avatar
Retardé S
Registered Broad
Posts: 18743
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:18 pm
Has given rep: 1106 times
Received rep: 1115 times

Re: The Music Thread (v3.0)

Post #1706 by Retardé S » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:15 am

Slick Nick wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vdTR_uQR04


User avatar
Slick Nick
Registered Broad
Posts: 9542
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:40 pm
Has given rep: 1224 times
Received rep: 761 times

Re: The Music Thread (v3.0)

Post #1707 by Slick Nick » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:19 am

I might very well cancel the masters and learn a useful thing for once.. panyol speak.
User avatar
Retardé S
Registered Broad
Posts: 18743
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:18 pm
Has given rep: 1106 times
Received rep: 1115 times

Re: The Music Thread (v3.0)

Post #1708 by Retardé S » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:22 am

Slick Nick wrote:I might very well cancel the masters and learn a useful thing for once.. panyol speak.


Nah you just need to look up translated lyrics, that's how I learned english as a kid :danson:
User avatar
Retardé S
Registered Broad
Posts: 18743
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:18 pm
Has given rep: 1106 times
Received rep: 1115 times

Re: The Music Thread (v3.0)

Post #1709 by Retardé S » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:27 am

This song was written about my mom's boss at her first job. Ruben Blades and her used to date in cachette in their teen years, but she was rich and he was poor as piss. So when her dad found out, he moved her to the states. Then Ruben Blades became a superstar in latin music about 10 years later and this became one of his biggest hits. He also ran for president of Panama in the 90s and almost won.

User avatar
Slick Nick
Registered Broad
Posts: 9542
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:40 pm
Has given rep: 1224 times
Received rep: 761 times

Re: The Music Thread (v3.0)

Post #1710 by Slick Nick » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:29 am

Retardé S wrote:
Slick Nick wrote:I might very well cancel the masters and learn a useful thing for once.. panyol speak.


Nah you just need to look up translated lyrics, that's how I learned english as a kid :danson:


I actually really want to learn it but cegep won't let me back abd uni is like 500$ for panyol 101... maybe I could just bang a peruvian mami
User avatar
Slick Nick
Registered Broad
Posts: 9542
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:40 pm
Has given rep: 1224 times
Received rep: 761 times

Re: The Music Thread (v3.0)

Post #1711 by Slick Nick » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:32 am

I can figure out 75% of the lyrics without translator...
User avatar
Slick Nick
Registered Broad
Posts: 9542
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:40 pm
Has given rep: 1224 times
Received rep: 761 times

Re: The Music Thread (v3.0)

Post #1712 by Slick Nick » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:34 am

Retardé S wrote:This song was written about my mom's boss at her first job. Ruben Blades and her used to date in cachette in their teen years, but she was rich and he was poor as piss. So when her dad found out, he moved her to the states. Then Ruben Blades became a superstar in latin music about 10 years later and this became one of his biggest hits. He also ran for president of Panama in the 90s and almost won.


There would been no tardé without that plot twist. Fuck Ruben Blades.. you should run as president in 2028.
User avatar
Retardé S
Registered Broad
Posts: 18743
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:18 pm
Has given rep: 1106 times
Received rep: 1115 times

Re: The Music Thread (v3.0)

Post #1713 by Retardé S » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:35 am

Slick Nick wrote:I can figure out 75% of the lyrics without translator...

Yeah It's not that hard, but I think looking at the words really helps when it comes to speaking.
User avatar
Retardé S
Registered Broad
Posts: 18743
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:18 pm
Has given rep: 1106 times
Received rep: 1115 times

Re: The Music Thread (v3.0)

Post #1714 by Retardé S » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:39 am

Slick Nick wrote:
Retardé S wrote:This song was written about my mom's boss at her first job. Ruben Blades and her used to date in cachette in their teen years, but she was rich and he was poor as piss. So when her dad found out, he moved her to the states. Then Ruben Blades became a superstar in latin music about 10 years later and this became one of his biggest hits. He also ran for president of Panama in the 90s and almost won.


There would been no tardé without that plot twist. Fuck Ruben Blades.. you should run as president in 2028.



There would have been no Tardé without Bill Gates actually. If my mom would've focused in finishing her uni as a computer programmer, she would've never laid her eyes on my dad. Microsoft coming in and making her career a deadend was partly the reason my mom looked for a boyfriend to not go completely crazy and depressed with life.
User avatar
Slick Nick
Registered Broad
Posts: 9542
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:40 pm
Has given rep: 1224 times
Received rep: 761 times

Re: The Music Thread (v3.0)

Post #1715 by Slick Nick » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:41 am

Retardé S wrote:
Slick Nick wrote:I can figure out 75% of the lyrics without translator...

Yeah It's not that hard, but I think looking at the words really helps when it comes to speaking.


It's really easy for me to pick up languages as I learned 4 different (from 4 different groups) before 10... So I just want to do it but rigorously, don't want to sound like some queb that went to Cuba twice.

Anyway, I'm dying.. buenas noches amigo :)
User avatar
Slick Nick
Registered Broad
Posts: 9542
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:40 pm
Has given rep: 1224 times
Received rep: 761 times

Re: The Music Thread (v3.0)

Post #1716 by Slick Nick » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:42 am

Retardé S wrote:
Slick Nick wrote:
Retardé S wrote:This song was written about my mom's boss at her first job. Ruben Blades and her used to date in cachette in their teen years, but she was rich and he was poor as piss. So when her dad found out, he moved her to the states. Then Ruben Blades became a superstar in latin music about 10 years later and this became one of his biggest hits. He also ran for president of Panama in the 90s and almost won.


There would been no tardé without that plot twist. Fuck Ruben Blades.. you should run as president in 2028.



There would have been no Tardé without Bill Gates actually. If my mom would've focused in finishing her uni as a computer programmer, she would've never laid her eyes on my dad. Microsoft coming in and making her career a deadend was partly the reason my mom looked for a boyfriend to not go completely crazy and depressed with life.


My great grand father's best friend was Beria (Stalin's right hand)... why are we not great mens yet?
User avatar
Retardé S
Registered Broad
Posts: 18743
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:18 pm
Has given rep: 1106 times
Received rep: 1115 times

Re: The Music Thread (v3.0)

Post #1717 by Retardé S » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:47 am

With great power comes great responsibility, buenas noches Nikolev.

Image
User avatar
Retardé S
Registered Broad
Posts: 18743
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:18 pm
Has given rep: 1106 times
Received rep: 1115 times

Re: The Music Thread (v3.0)

Post #1718 by Retardé S » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:35 pm

RIP

User avatar
Retardé S
Registered Broad
Posts: 18743
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:18 pm
Has given rep: 1106 times
Received rep: 1115 times

Re: The Music Thread (v3.0)

Post #1719 by Retardé S » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:43 pm



Image
User avatar
Slick Nick
Registered Broad
Posts: 9542
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:40 pm
Has given rep: 1224 times
Received rep: 761 times

Re: The Music Thread (v3.0)

Post #1720 by Slick Nick » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:53 am

User avatar
Slick Nick
Registered Broad
Posts: 9542
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:40 pm
Has given rep: 1224 times
Received rep: 761 times

Re: The Music Thread (v3.0)

Post #1721 by Slick Nick » Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:01 am

User avatar
Retardé S
Registered Broad
Posts: 18743
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:18 pm
Has given rep: 1106 times
Received rep: 1115 times

Re: The Music Thread (v3.0)

Post #1722 by Retardé S » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:26 pm



User avatar
Retardé S
Registered Broad
Posts: 18743
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:18 pm
Has given rep: 1106 times
Received rep: 1115 times

Re: The Music Thread (v3.0)

Post #1723 by Retardé S » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:28 pm

Bonne fête en passant Nikolev, ça en fait combien là?
User avatar
Slick Nick
Registered Broad
Posts: 9542
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:40 pm
Has given rep: 1224 times
Received rep: 761 times

Re: The Music Thread (v3.0)

Post #1724 by Slick Nick » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:01 pm

Retardé S wrote:Bonne fête en passant Nikolev, ça en fait combien là?


36 sabarslak

Image
User avatar
Retardé S
Registered Broad
Posts: 18743
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:18 pm
Has given rep: 1106 times
Received rep: 1115 times

Re: The Music Thread (v3.0)

Post #1725 by Retardé S » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:00 am

Slick Nick wrote:
Retardé S wrote:Bonne fête en passant Nikolev, ça en fait combien là?


36 sabarslak

Image


Had the same feeling two weeks ago, turned 29. I'll be a complete wreck in a year when I hit 30.
User avatar
Slick Nick
Registered Broad
Posts: 9542
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:40 pm
Has given rep: 1224 times
Received rep: 761 times

Re: The Music Thread (v3.0)

Post #1726 by Slick Nick » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:45 am

Retardé S wrote:
Had the same feeling two weeks ago, turned 29. I'll be a complete wreck in a year when I hit 30.


29 was probably the worst year... the old mens died (October), the decade long relationship ended (December) and I broke my ankle (January). Those were dark times amigo. But then I met Daqui$ha and had the best run of my life. Sometimes things turn out better than expected. Hope they will for you.
User avatar
Slick Nick
Registered Broad
Posts: 9542
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:40 pm
Has given rep: 1224 times
Received rep: 761 times

Re: The Music Thread (v3.0)

Post #1727 by Slick Nick » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:55 am



Remember listening to this while chugging vodka in the dark in a cold bath at 6 am... somehow I keep pretty good memories of those times, there were such intense feelings involved that it was enjoyable on a very weird level.
User avatar
Retardé S
Registered Broad
Posts: 18743
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:18 pm
Has given rep: 1106 times
Received rep: 1115 times

Re: The Music Thread (v3.0)

Post #1728 by Retardé S » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:49 am

Slick Nick wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2w745XLymw

Remember listening to this while chugging vodka in the dark in a cold bath at 6 am... somehow I keep pretty good memories of those times, there were such intense feelings involved that it was enjoyable on a very weird level.


It's the perfect background music to anything. I like those boom bap beats when it's slightly mixed with psychadelic elements. Reminds me a bit of the group Vanilla which I've posted many times.

Was listening to Mac Miller's new album last night, it was his best one yet. I had no clue the dude was a multi-instrumentalist and produced all of his records. Very introspective rapper, just fucked up his life with drugs and alcohol. This one's featuring my boy John Mayer on guitar.

User avatar
Slick Nick
Registered Broad
Posts: 9542
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:40 pm
Has given rep: 1224 times
Received rep: 761 times

Re: The Music Thread (v3.0)

Post #1729 by Slick Nick » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:02 am

Retardé S wrote:Was listening to Mac Miller's new album last night, it was his best one yet.


It's pretty good.. thanks.
User avatar
Retardé S
Registered Broad
Posts: 18743
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:18 pm
Has given rep: 1106 times
Received rep: 1115 times

Re: The Music Thread (v3.0)

Post #1730 by Retardé S » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:45 am

User avatar
shredz
Registered Broad
Posts: 8505
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:31 pm
Location: Broad Street
Has given rep: 1996 times
Received rep: 1002 times

Re: The Music Thread (v3.0)

Post #1731 by shredz » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:23 pm

User avatar
shredz
Registered Broad
Posts: 8505
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:31 pm
Location: Broad Street
Has given rep: 1996 times
Received rep: 1002 times

Re: The Music Thread (v3.0)

Post #1732 by shredz » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:00 pm

I havent been paying attention to this but Eminem puts little MGK in his place.

User avatar
Retardé S
Registered Broad
Posts: 18743
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:18 pm
Has given rep: 1106 times
Received rep: 1115 times

Re: The Music Thread (v3.0)

Post #1733 by Retardé S » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:46 am

flâ·neur wrote:I havent been paying attention to this but Eminem puts little MGK in his place.



I don't think the diss is that good content wise, thought MGK had better burners. MGK has more on Em than the other way around. Em's flow is on a whole other level though.

Fav line:

But, Kells, the day you put out a hit's the day Diddy admits
That he put the hit out that got Pac killed, ah!


MGK will answer back.
User avatar
PredsFan77
Posts: 37801
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:53 am
Location: 7 TIME LOUNGE JEOPARDY CHAMP!!!
Has given rep: 141 times
Received rep: 414 times

Re: The Music Thread (v3.0)

Post #1734 by PredsFan77 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:59 am

CDX.NA.IG.9









[LEFT]Image[/LEFT]
User avatar
shredz
Registered Broad
Posts: 8505
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:31 pm
Location: Broad Street
Has given rep: 1996 times
Received rep: 1002 times

Re: The Music Thread (v3.0)

Post #1735 by shredz » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:35 pm

I cant believe this was 2004. Time fucking flys.



let em all cockride, in my mansion with a bottle, move a novel & the wall spin counterclockwise
User avatar
shredz
Registered Broad
Posts: 8505
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:31 pm
Location: Broad Street
Has given rep: 1996 times
Received rep: 1002 times

Re: The Music Thread (v3.0)

Post #1736 by shredz » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:37 pm



User avatar
shredz
Registered Broad
Posts: 8505
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:31 pm
Location: Broad Street
Has given rep: 1996 times
Received rep: 1002 times

Re: The Music Thread (v3.0)

Post #1737 by shredz » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:40 pm

Jeru should have been much bigger. His message was too positive for the young black youth. Can't have that!

User avatar
Retardé S
Registered Broad
Posts: 18743
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:18 pm
Has given rep: 1106 times
Received rep: 1115 times

Re: The Music Thread (v3.0)

Post #1738 by Retardé S » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:37 pm

flâ·neur wrote:I cant believe this was 2004. Time fucking flys.



let em all cockride, in my mansion with a bottle, move a novel & the wall spin counterclockwise

Lol I was blasting that last week end, that whole era needs to comeback like right now.

User avatar
Slick Nick
Registered Broad
Posts: 9542
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:40 pm
Has given rep: 1224 times
Received rep: 761 times

Re: The Music Thread (v3.0)

Post #1739 by Slick Nick » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:38 am

User avatar
shredz
Registered Broad
Posts: 8505
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:31 pm
Location: Broad Street
Has given rep: 1996 times
Received rep: 1002 times

Re: The Music Thread (v3.0)

Post #1740 by shredz » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:55 pm

this is def their second best album. i didnt like Cars.

User avatar
Retardé S
Registered Broad
Posts: 18743
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:18 pm
Has given rep: 1106 times
Received rep: 1115 times

Re: The Music Thread (v3.0)

Post #1741 by Retardé S » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:23 am

They went a bit more synth pop on that one, which I also like. As long as the melodies and quality in production are top notch, they'll do no wrong no matter the style. That Az track is one of my favs this year. They kinda remind of Allie X and Say Lou Lou.



User avatar
Slick Nick
Registered Broad
Posts: 9542
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:40 pm
Has given rep: 1224 times
Received rep: 761 times

Re: The Music Thread (v3.0)

Post #1742 by Slick Nick » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:50 am

Retardé S wrote:They went a bit more synth pop on that one, which I also like. As long as the melodies and quality in production are top notch, they'll do no wrong no matter the style. That Az track is one of my favs this year. They kinda remind of Allie X and Say Lou Lou.


synth pop is life.
User avatar
Retardé S
Registered Broad
Posts: 18743
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:18 pm
Has given rep: 1106 times
Received rep: 1115 times

Re: The Music Thread (v3.0)

Post #1743 by Retardé S » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:15 am

The nordics own that shit





User avatar
Slick Nick
Registered Broad
Posts: 9542
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:40 pm
Has given rep: 1224 times
Received rep: 761 times

Re: The Music Thread (v3.0)

Post #1744 by Slick Nick » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:32 am

Retardé S wrote:The nordics own that shit


Now that I'm confronted to it.. it's pretty much circa 2015.



Everything has been a downfall since expect for Asap...
User avatar
Slick Nick
Registered Broad
Posts: 9542
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:40 pm
Has given rep: 1224 times
Received rep: 761 times

Re: The Music Thread (v3.0)

Post #1745 by Slick Nick » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:38 am

Also we need Parisenne cuties atardé...

Image
User avatar
shredz
Registered Broad
Posts: 8505
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:31 pm
Location: Broad Street
Has given rep: 1996 times
Received rep: 1002 times

Re: The Music Thread (v3.0)

Post #1746 by shredz » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:45 am

We should make our own band. Luke and The Slick Retards.
User avatar
shredz
Registered Broad
Posts: 8505
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:31 pm
Location: Broad Street
Has given rep: 1996 times
Received rep: 1002 times

Re: The Music Thread (v3.0)

Post #1747 by shredz » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:49 am

Slick Nick wrote:Also we need Parisenne cuties atardé...

Image


Moar of her. MOAR.

Image
User avatar
Slick Nick
Registered Broad
Posts: 9542
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:40 pm
Has given rep: 1224 times
Received rep: 761 times

Re: The Music Thread (v3.0)

Post #1748 by Slick Nick » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:25 pm

nsfw https:// imgur.com/a/3nDJc nsfw
User avatar
shredz
Registered Broad
Posts: 8505
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:31 pm
Location: Broad Street
Has given rep: 1996 times
Received rep: 1002 times

Re: The Music Thread (v3.0)

Post #1749 by shredz » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:35 pm

too late already yanked to the gif.
User avatar
shredz
Registered Broad
Posts: 8505
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:31 pm
Location: Broad Street
Has given rep: 1996 times
Received rep: 1002 times

Re: The Music Thread (v3.0)

Post #1750 by shredz » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:00 pm

"Scissor me timbers!" :donger: :donger: :donger: :donger: :donger:

This was another link I came across with more in HD.

NSFW https://imgur .com/a/3nDJc NSFW

Oh yeah, musik!




IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Return to “Broadwalk Empire”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest