Game of Thrones

Jackson Pollock's semen.
User avatar
jester
Registered Broad
Posts: 17027
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:38 pm
Has given rep: 8 times
Received rep: 72 times

Re: Game of Thrones

Post #401 by jester » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:09 am

There were rumors that the next book was going to come out next fall (not happening, it seems). Basically, the show catching up with GRRM--and the dawning realization he was losing control of his baby--has theoretically lit a bit of a fire under his ass. So, I have to imagine a large chunk of the next book exists in draft manuscript, if not a finished product, and the show runners are aware of its plot points. There's also the fact that he's released some completed chapters, so those have been through the editorial process already and shouldn't require much change, if any.

As someone that started reading these things in the 90s, it's rather disappointing that the show will reach the conclusion in advance of the books ... but that's entirely on GRRM. He's spent too much time dicking around with side projects, writing histories of Westeros, etc. and not enough time working on the central product.
User avatar
RTWAP
Posts: 10972
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:01 am
Location: O-town
Has given rep: 25 times
Received rep: 23 times

Re: Game of Thrones

Post #402 by RTWAP » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:33 pm

Yah. I have no sympathy.

I was an avid reader of the first few and then I got to the book where Arya was the most interesting thing. I made the mistake of skipping ahead to all the Arya chapters. Once I'd done that I had no motivation to read the other chapters. That was it for me. That was 10 years ago. Man am I glad I haven't been eagerly waiting for the story to end.
User avatar
PPJ
Registered Broad
Posts: 23986
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:48 pm
Location: The Cesspool
Has given rep: 65 times
Received rep: 78 times

Re: Game of Thrones

Post #403 by PPJ » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:14 pm

jester wrote:There were rumors that the next book was going to come out next fall (not happening, it seems). Basically, the show catching up with GRRM--and the dawning realization he was losing control of his baby--has theoretically lit a bit of a fire under his ass. So, I have to imagine a large chunk of the next book exists in draft manuscript, if not a finished product, and the show runners are aware of its plot points. There's also the fact that he's released some completed chapters, so those have been through the editorial process already and shouldn't require much change, if any.

As someone that started reading these things in the 90s, it's rather disappointing that the show will reach the conclusion in advance of the books ... but that's entirely on GRRM. He's spent too much time dicking around with side projects, writing histories of Westeros, etc. and not enough time working on the central product.


He's probably already finished the thing and is just mind fucking people like you.
User avatar
Transplanted Caper
Posts: 15962
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:04 pm
Has given rep: 46 times
Received rep: 132 times

Re: Game of Thrones

Post #404 by Transplanted Caper » Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:43 am

Psycho Papa Joe wrote:
jester wrote:There were rumors that the next book was going to come out next fall (not happening, it seems). Basically, the show catching up with GRRM--and the dawning realization he was losing control of his baby--has theoretically lit a bit of a fire under his ass. So, I have to imagine a large chunk of the next book exists in draft manuscript, if not a finished product, and the show runners are aware of its plot points. There's also the fact that he's released some completed chapters, so those have been through the editorial process already and shouldn't require much change, if any.

As someone that started reading these things in the 90s, it's rather disappointing that the show will reach the conclusion in advance of the books ... but that's entirely on GRRM. He's spent too much time dicking around with side projects, writing histories of Westeros, etc. and not enough time working on the central product.


He's probably already finished the thing and is just mind fucking people like you.



Image
User avatar
Transplanted Caper
Posts: 15962
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:04 pm
Has given rep: 46 times
Received rep: 132 times

Re: Game of Thrones

Post #405 by Transplanted Caper » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:25 pm

Finale ended as I expected it to with the Jon Snow scene.
Arya storyline went as I expected.
Didn't see the Sansa/Theon scene going down, but expect they're both fine and in a snowbank.
Not sure we'll much of Stannis, though they left it open ended
User avatar
Lord Buckethead
Registered Broad
Posts: 61175
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:55 pm
Has given rep: 30 times
Received rep: 257 times

Re: Game of Thrones

Post #406 by Lord Buckethead » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:32 am

Transplanted Caper wrote:Finale ended as I expected it to with the Jon Snow scene.
Arya storyline went as I expected.
Didn't see the Sansa/Theon scene going down, but expect they're both fine and in a snowbank.
Not sure we'll much of Stannis, though they left it open ended


How could you not see that? Theon saves Jeyne Poole and Jeyne has just been replaced with Sansa.
User avatar
Dr_Chimera
Registered Broad
Posts: 20978
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:50 pm
Has given rep: 54 times
Received rep: 166 times

Re: Game of Thrones

Post #407 by Dr_Chimera » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:42 am

They CGI'd the chick's face onto the boobs and bush, right?
User avatar
Lord Buckethead
Registered Broad
Posts: 61175
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:55 pm
Has given rep: 30 times
Received rep: 257 times

Re: Game of Thrones

Post #408 by Lord Buckethead » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:58 am

Dr_Chimera wrote:They CGI'd the chick's face onto the boobs and bush, right?


100%. It was rather poorly done.
User avatar
jester
Registered Broad
Posts: 17027
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:38 pm
Has given rep: 8 times
Received rep: 72 times

Re: Game of Thrones

Post #409 by jester » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:00 am

Apparently she was preggers at the time, so didn't really have a choice.

I thought it was a pretty good season all told when factored against how much the books dragged. My one critique is that I thought some episodes really struggled with having too many plot threads to deal with ... which, of course, is why Martin split the books (didn't save them).
User avatar
PPJ
Registered Broad
Posts: 23986
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:48 pm
Location: The Cesspool
Has given rep: 65 times
Received rep: 78 times

Re: Game of Thrones

Post #410 by PPJ » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:30 pm

Boltsfanatic wrote:
Dr_Chimera wrote:They CGI'd the chick's face onto the boobs and bush, right?


100%. It was rather poorly done.


It's one of those times it's better if you watch something on a crappy TV. Looked pretty good on the 10 year old 24" generic TV on watched it on.
User avatar
Transplanted Caper
Posts: 15962
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:04 pm
Has given rep: 46 times
Received rep: 132 times

Re: Game of Thrones

Post #411 by Transplanted Caper » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:53 pm

Boltsfanatic wrote:
Transplanted Caper wrote:Finale ended as I expected it to with the Jon Snow scene.
Arya storyline went as I expected.
Didn't see the Sansa/Theon scene going down, but expect they're both fine and in a snowbank.
Not sure we'll much of Stannis, though they left it open ended


How could you not see that? Theon saves Jeyne Poole and Jeyne has just been replaced with Sansa.


I expected it to drag into next season, or given the departure from the books that Sansa would kill Ramsay.
User avatar
Lord Buckethead
Registered Broad
Posts: 61175
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:55 pm
Has given rep: 30 times
Received rep: 257 times

Re: Game of Thrones

Post #412 by Lord Buckethead » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:09 pm

Transplanted Caper wrote:
Boltsfanatic wrote:
Transplanted Caper wrote:Finale ended as I expected it to with the Jon Snow scene.
Arya storyline went as I expected.
Didn't see the Sansa/Theon scene going down, but expect they're both fine and in a snowbank.
Not sure we'll much of Stannis, though they left it open ended


How could you not see that? Theon saves Jeyne Poole and Jeyne has just been replaced with Sansa.


I expected it to drag into next season, or given the departure from the books that Sansa would kill Ramsay.


Fair enough. They're trying so hard to sell Jon Snow is dead to us.
User avatar
jester
Registered Broad
Posts: 17027
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:38 pm
Has given rep: 8 times
Received rep: 72 times

Re: Game of Thrones

Post #413 by jester » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:10 pm

Boltsfanatic wrote:Fair enough. They're trying so hard to sell Jon Snow is dead to us.


And good on 'em ... the book isn't out yet, so they don't want to provide a spoiler--even if his resurrection (one way or another) appears obvious. In fact, I think events in last night's episodes all but confirmed what will happen.
User avatar
edgar_dong
Registered Broad
Posts: 36980
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:51 am
Has given rep: 320 times
Received rep: 357 times

Re: Game of Thrones

Post #414 by edgar_dong » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:43 pm

D'yers reckon Snow won't be back until season seven though? : (
User avatar
Transplanted Caper
Posts: 15962
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:04 pm
Has given rep: 46 times
Received rep: 132 times

Re: Game of Thrones

Post #415 by Transplanted Caper » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:21 pm

edgar_dong wrote:D'yers reckon Snow won't be back until season seven though? : (


Given the show hasn't tackled any of the Greyjoy stuff, has a decent chunk of Arya's story in ADOD to tackle, presumably will kick off a Lannister/Dorne feud, and have more to tell about the North/Sansa they probably could leave The Wall/Jon on the shelf for a year and wait until Season 7 to bring him back (presuming Martin brings him back, though most assume he will).
User avatar
Dr_Chimera
Registered Broad
Posts: 20978
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:50 pm
Has given rep: 54 times
Received rep: 166 times

Re: Game of Thrones

Post #416 by Dr_Chimera » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:49 pm

Snow will be back in another incarnation in season 7. He will be played by Jack Burns.
User avatar
jester
Registered Broad
Posts: 17027
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:38 pm
Has given rep: 8 times
Received rep: 72 times

Re: Game of Thrones

Post #417 by jester » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:56 am

Transplanted Caper wrote:
edgar_dong wrote:D'yers reckon Snow won't be back until season seven though? : (


Given the show hasn't tackled any of the Greyjoy stuff, has a decent chunk of Arya's story in ADOD to tackle, presumably will kick off a Lannister/Dorne feud, and have more to tell about the North/Sansa they probably could leave The Wall/Jon on the shelf for a year and wait until Season 7 to bring him back (presuming Martin brings him back, though most assume he will).


They will not leave the wall, and White Walkers for a season. Granted, Bran will be back (and hopefully interesting), but Snow is too central to the ultimate end (in theory) to shelf like that.
User avatar
vf
Registered Broad
Posts: 16208
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:31 pm
Has given rep: 208 times
Received rep: 146 times

Re: Game of Thrones

Post #418 by vf » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:17 pm

The show was starting to lose me around the same point the books did.
User avatar
jester
Registered Broad
Posts: 17027
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:38 pm
Has given rep: 8 times
Received rep: 72 times

Re: Game of Thrones

Post #419 by jester » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:19 pm

Yeah, they streamlined the crap out of the plot lines from the book and still had significant lulls early on when it just felt like a whole lot of nothing was happening.
User avatar
PPJ
Registered Broad
Posts: 23986
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:48 pm
Location: The Cesspool
Has given rep: 65 times
Received rep: 78 times

Re: Game of Thrones

Post #420 by PPJ » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:04 pm

Kind of sick of Castle Black. Wouldn't mind a break from that place.
User avatar
Zardoz
Registered Broad
Posts: 12157
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:48 pm
Location: Toronto
Received rep: 140 times
Contact:

Re: Game of Thrones

Post #421 by Zardoz » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:39 pm

Not a bad start to the season. Bit of a high note for the women in the series, which is nice considering all the rape and torture and shaming of a season ago.
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
[SIZE="1"]Bring us your idiots, your hussies, your blue and your dreamy. Your steady, your huddled, your fisted and creamy. Your villains, your filthy, your cunts and your meese. Your carpenters and fishers and pastors and beasts. Your rednecks, your Safas, your trolls and your Brits. And like all good sailors, we like us some tits.[/size]
User avatar
Craig
Registered Broad
Posts: 37849
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:33 pm
Location: Toronto
Has given rep: 21 times
Received rep: 137 times

Re: Game of Thrones

Post #422 by Craig » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:49 pm

One woman is being locked away for the rest of her days because her husband died.

Another is going through the whole religious shaming thing Cersei got last season.

Another seems like she's in for a daily blind beating.

I guess Sansa managed to not get wrecked for once, that's something.
senate
Registered Broad
Posts: 6555
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:36 am
Has given rep: 248 times
Received rep: 183 times

Re: Game of Thrones

Post #423 by senate » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:38 pm

Craig wrote:Another seems like she's in for a daily blind beating.


If you know a better way to train a child to become Daredevil, I'd like to hear it.
User avatar
Dr_Chimera
Registered Broad
Posts: 20978
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:50 pm
Has given rep: 54 times
Received rep: 166 times

Re: Game of Thrones

Post #424 by Dr_Chimera » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:30 pm

Craig wrote:One woman is being locked away for the rest of her days because her husband died.

Another is going through the whole religious shaming thing Cersei got last season.

Another seems like she's in for a daily blind beating.

I guess Sansa managed to not get wrecked for once, that's something.


Fucking feminists are taking over the tv.
User avatar
Zardoz
Registered Broad
Posts: 12157
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:48 pm
Location: Toronto
Received rep: 140 times
Contact:

Re: Game of Thrones

Post #425 by Zardoz » Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:13 pm

Ya, but nobody got raped... So there's that.
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

[SIZE="1"]Bring us your idiots, your hussies, your blue and your dreamy. Your steady, your huddled, your fisted and creamy. Your villains, your filthy, your cunts and your meese. Your carpenters and fishers and pastors and beasts. Your rednecks, your Safas, your trolls and your Brits. And like all good sailors, we like us some tits.[/size]
User avatar
Craig
Registered Broad
Posts: 37849
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:33 pm
Location: Toronto
Has given rep: 21 times
Received rep: 137 times

Re: Game of Thrones

Post #426 by Craig » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:19 pm

No, but at least two guys threatened it. She got off on a technicality.
User avatar
WTF
Registered Broad
Posts: 10470
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:34 pm
Has given rep: 161 times
Received rep: 227 times

Re: Game of Thrones

Post #427 by WTF » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:40 pm

Zardoz wrote:Ya, but nobody got raped... So there's that.


Trystane, Areo, and Doran were all penetrated without their consent.
User avatar
edgar_dong
Registered Broad
Posts: 36980
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:51 am
Has given rep: 320 times
Received rep: 357 times

Re: Game of Thrones

Post #428 by edgar_dong » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:11 am

Scathing critique of S06E01 of Throne's Games by Dave Chase. Image

User avatar
edgar_dong
Registered Broad
Posts: 36980
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:51 am
Has given rep: 320 times
Received rep: 357 times

Re: Game of Thrones

Post #429 by edgar_dong » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:14 am

Matt Wiener chimes in as well. :stare:

User avatar
edgar_dong
Registered Broad
Posts: 36980
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:51 am
Has given rep: 320 times
Received rep: 357 times

Re: Game of Thrones

Post #430 by edgar_dong » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:16 am

Have you fellas ever gathered 'round the fire and really thought about how terrible Game of Thrones is as a television serial?
User avatar
edgar_dong
Registered Broad
Posts: 36980
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:51 am
Has given rep: 320 times
Received rep: 357 times

Re: Game of Thrones

Post #431 by edgar_dong » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:20 am

I only mean "terrible" relative to the masterworks of this century.
User avatar
Dr_Chimera
Registered Broad
Posts: 20978
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:50 pm
Has given rep: 54 times
Received rep: 166 times

Re: Game of Thrones

Post #432 by Dr_Chimera » Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:22 am

Now that Dexter is gone, we all need a new piece of shit to bring us together.
User avatar
Zardoz
Registered Broad
Posts: 12157
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:48 pm
Location: Toronto
Received rep: 140 times
Contact:

Re: Game of Thrones

Post #433 by Zardoz » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:50 pm

Nashville is heating up again. Many strong but flawed women figures in that show, and no rape or incest!
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

[SIZE="1"]Bring us your idiots, your hussies, your blue and your dreamy. Your steady, your huddled, your fisted and creamy. Your villains, your filthy, your cunts and your meese. Your carpenters and fishers and pastors and beasts. Your rednecks, your Safas, your trolls and your Brits. And like all good sailors, we like us some tits.[/size]
User avatar
edgar_dong
Registered Broad
Posts: 36980
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:51 am
Has given rep: 320 times
Received rep: 357 times

Re: Game of Thrones

Post #434 by edgar_dong » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:53 pm

Image
User avatar
edgar_dong
Registered Broad
Posts: 36980
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:51 am
Has given rep: 320 times
Received rep: 357 times

Re: Game of Thrones

Post #435 by edgar_dong » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:17 pm

I can't believe people can actually get through the books of this dull trash.
Also, let's keep this thread about Galchenyuk's on-ice performance, development and value and NOT bring in his personal life or race.
User avatar
edgar_dong
Registered Broad
Posts: 36980
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:51 am
Has given rep: 320 times
Received rep: 357 times

Re: Game of Thrones

Post #436 by edgar_dong » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:20 pm

This Hound scene is killing it though. Image
Also, let's keep this thread about Galchenyuk's on-ice performance, development and value and NOT bring in his personal life or race.
User avatar
Dr_Chimera
Registered Broad
Posts: 20978
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:50 pm
Has given rep: 54 times
Received rep: 166 times

Re: Game of Thrones

Post #437 by Dr_Chimera » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:35 pm

This is, quite simply put, good content.
User avatar
Dr_Chimera
Registered Broad
Posts: 20978
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:50 pm
Has given rep: 54 times
Received rep: 166 times

Re: Game of Thrones

Post #438 by Dr_Chimera » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:39 pm

User avatar
vonbonds
Registered Broad
Posts: 9771
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:47 pm
Has given rep: 748 times
Received rep: 389 times

Re: Game of Thrones

Post #439 by vonbonds » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:32 pm

I find her so attractive...yummmmmm
User avatar
edgar_dong
Registered Broad
Posts: 36980
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:51 am
Has given rep: 320 times
Received rep: 357 times

Re: Game of Thrones

Post #440 by edgar_dong » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:36 pm

Image


Image


Image
Also, let's keep this thread about Galchenyuk's on-ice performance, development and value and NOT bring in his personal life or race.
User avatar
edgar_dong
Registered Broad
Posts: 36980
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:51 am
Has given rep: 320 times
Received rep: 357 times

Re: Game of Thrones

Post #441 by edgar_dong » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:14 pm

Will soon have a glorious HD version, fellas:

Also, let's keep this thread about Galchenyuk's on-ice performance, development and value and NOT bring in his personal life or race.
senate
Registered Broad
Posts: 6555
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:36 am
Has given rep: 248 times
Received rep: 183 times

Re: Game of Thrones

Post #442 by senate » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:18 pm

User avatar
Dr_Chimera
Registered Broad
Posts: 20978
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:50 pm
Has given rep: 54 times
Received rep: 166 times

Re: Game of Thrones

Post #443 by Dr_Chimera » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:29 pm


Return to “Broadwalk Empire”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests