Truth is, Rock and Roll climaxed in 1963.

Jackson Pollock's semen.
Zardoz
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 22 times
Received rep: 215 times

Truth is, Rock and Roll climaxed in 1963.

Post #1 by Zardoz » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:06 pm

[YOUTUBE]ZnHmskwqCCQ[/YOUTUBE]
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
[SIZE="1"]Bring us your idiots, your hussies, your blue and your dreamy. Your steady, your huddled, your fisted and creamy. Your villains, your filthy, your cunts and your meese. Your carpenters and fishers and pastors and beasts. Your rednecks, your Safas, your trolls and your Brits. And like all good sailors, we like us some tits.[/size]
Zardoz
Registered Broad

Post #2 by Zardoz » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:07 pm

[YOUTUBE]p13yZAjhU0M[/YOUTUBE]
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

[SIZE="1"]Bring us your idiots, your hussies, your blue and your dreamy. Your steady, your huddled, your fisted and creamy. Your villains, your filthy, your cunts and your meese. Your carpenters and fishers and pastors and beasts. Your rednecks, your Safas, your trolls and your Brits. And like all good sailors, we like us some tits.[/size]
Zardoz
Registered Broad

Post #3 by Zardoz » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:13 pm

In seriousness Biggy. 1963 is the year the Kinks officially named themselves as such, and history was never the same. This is therefore serious business.
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Zardoz
Registered Broad

Post #4 by Zardoz » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:34 pm

Tom Foolery wrote:Never understood why the Beatles get all the credit for Brit Rock. To me, there have always been two streams in British music post-1963 with the Kinks being every bit as big an influence as Sir Paul and the arrogant dick.

The US ban really fucked up their legacy. They became more introverted, more vaudevillian, more British. They were wildly influential on the bands that were being exported though.
Donovan was also a big influence, but rarely gets credit for anything outside Mellow Yellow. He taught Lennon how to play the fucking guitar properly... I love the Beatles, but they weren't a lonely island.
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Zardoz
Registered Broad

Post #5 by Zardoz » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:34 pm

Big#D wrote:perhaps then, a posting of the definition of the word climax is necessary.

:colbert:
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Shawnathan Horcoff
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 533 times
Received rep: 712 times

Post #6 by Shawnathan Horcoff » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:47 am

[RIGHT]All the stories[/RIGHT]
Shawnathan Horcoff
Registered Broad

Post #7 by Shawnathan Horcoff » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:48 am

[CENTER]have been told[/CENTER]
Shawnathan Horcoff
Registered Broad

Post #8 by Shawnathan Horcoff » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:48 am

Of kings and days of old
Shawnathan Horcoff
Registered Broad

Post #9 by Shawnathan Horcoff » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:49 am

[CENTER]But there's no England now :smuglanne: [/CENTER]
mcphee
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 170 times
Received rep: 427 times

Post #10 by mcphee » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:13 pm

Zardoz wrote:The US ban really fucked up their legacy. They became more introverted, more vaudevillian, more British. They were wildly influential on the bands that were being exported though.
Donovan was also a big influence, but rarely gets credit for anything outside Mellow Yellow. He taught Lennon how to play the fucking guitar properly... I love the Beatles, but they weren't a lonely island.

I read this yesterday, TF's post as well and I've been thinking about how the bands were perceived in those days. The Beatles were influential in that bands tried to copy them in terms of attitude, and marketability. The Dave Clark Five's and Freddie and the Dreamers were 2, a bunch of bands trying to be cure and charming. Now the Beatles were great and evolved album by album, but I don't think the music inspired a type of music but the band inspired people to want to be in bands, if that makes sense.

No one was doing cartoon shows about Eric Burdon and the Animals but people noted the music. In the early-mid 60's ,my old man knew a guy with a restaurant juke box and he'd come home now and then with a stack of 45's, including Beatles, Kinks, some of which I probably still have somewhere. I was 9 in 1964, and no one discussed music anywhere that I would ever hear, but I could listen to All day and All of the Night, then put on All My Loving, and I was aware that it was like a 14&over movie compared to For All, a different category.

I did go out and spend my own $ for Donovan's Hurdy Gurdy Man.

Return to “Broadwalk Empire”