Pennywise
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 184 times
Received rep: 22 times

IT Part One - 'The Losers Club'

Post #1 by Pennywise » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:53 pm

Hi-ya, Broadsie.

Aren'tcha gonna say, "hello?"

Photo gallery of the miniature set of Derry - https://www.kassiopeya-sachenwerkler.de ... to-english

http://www.joblo.com/horror-movies/news ... opping-711

There are so many emotions associated with this book, so many images and last but not least there is so much fear – it takes a thoroughly researched piece of work prior to even think of starting one’s own Derry Project. The realization was supposed to show both sides of Derry: the romantic sepia-toned as much as the dark-insidious feature, nostalgia aside with horror – and all that embedded in the frame of the Fifties.

And as it always goes with project ideas that you have had on your mind for years, that every now and then you worked on a little, that God knows why wouldn’t work out for a perfect whole – sometimes it takes only one initial kick, one link and everything is just fine. In my case it was an old stereo corner unit from 1958.

My Derry – including its underground world of the sewers – is now integrated in that furniture. The novel, with all its references to Rock ‘n’ Roll in the Fifties has merged into a whole with that furniture, and has become part of it. The surface represents the romantic sight of a Derry street bathed in the golden light of a late summer day. Only when you flip open the cabinet door you do see what is underneath: The sewage pipes way down below... in the green glowig light of the deadlights.

A rough cut trailer was shown recently at SXSW.

"The trailer opens with footage of Bill Denbrough making a paper boat for his little brother Georgie. We then move outside, where Georgie is chasing his boat in a rainstorm as it floats next to the curb. Suddenly, Georgie runs right into a street barrier, which knocks him down on the ground. He then watches as his boat sails into a gutter. He runs to the gutter and tries to see if he can see his boat. As he looks deep into the sewers, Pennywise abruptly appears before the screen cuts to black."

"Then we are shown the members of the Loser's Club meeting each other and realizing that they've all been seeing the same entity, before one of them finally says "The Clown." Once that happens, the teaser then moves into its centerpiece, which shows the members of the Loser's Club looking at pictures on a carousel slide projector that suddenly acquires a life of its own and begins moving through the slides at an increasingly alarming speed. The pictures are of Georgie and his parents, and each slide zooms in on Georgie's face before cutting to his mother, whose hair is covering her face. As the projector moves from slide to slide, the hair moves out of his mother's face, and her face is revealed to be that of Pennywise himself."

"The trailer then blows through a flurry of shots, as most trailers are wont to do. The most striking image from this succession of shots is the unforgettable moment when blood flows out of Beverly's sink, only in Muschietti's film it spews out like a geyser and blasts her in the face. There is also a sublime image of Pennywise approaching two of the children (he has them cornered against a wall), but the shot is framed in a way so that only his long, bony fingers fill the screen. The children are in the background, out of focus but clearly terrified. The teaser ends with Bill walking down into his flooded basement, where Georgie's ghost taunts him by repeatedly screaming "We all float down here!" before Pennywise rises from the water and rushes at him, in a moment that had the entire audience screaming. It is at this moment that the screen cuts to black and the word "IT" appears on screen."

Finn Wolfhard (Stranger Things) as Richie Tozier looks to have worked out well. The real surprise I think will be BS portrayal of Pennywise. Director Andres Muschietti says:
Wanting to keep Pennywise’s secrets, Muschietti has kept very quiet about the character, even to the young cast. This proved to be very effective. They did not think they would be afraid of their co-star, however, “The day that he showed up on the stage, they f—ing freak out” said Muschietti. “Bill is like, seven-foot high, and I can’t describe how scary he looks in person. He’s a wiry man, crouching, making sounds, snotting, drooling, speaking in Swedish sometimes. Terrifying.

The photo of Pennywise in the sewer is a bit lame looking but it doesn't tell the whole story. Notice all white on his costume?

Now notice its got some..blood on it?

As you guys know, I love Tim Curry's portrayal but he is just one and not attached to the books source material. They are going in the right direction from what I can see. I think it will surprise a lot of us.

Boring Choice #2
Has given rep: 234 times
Received rep: 247 times

Re: IT Part One - 'The Losers Club'

Post #2 by Boring Choice #2 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:38 pm

Just finished reading the 11/22/63 story (time travel to save Kennedy from assassination). The main character spends some time in Derry and references It including some of the characters.
IcE ColD
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 29 times
Received rep: 63 times

Post #3 by IcE ColD » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:25 am

Boring Choice #2 wrote:Just finished reading the 11/22/63 story (time travel to save Kennedy from assassination). The main character spends some time in Derry and references It including some of the characters.

I absolutely loved that book. Read it last summer.

And yes, the references are there. Then again, King has his own "King-verse", so eh.
Society is actually a bunch of flawed primates guided by selfishness, fear, and superstitious bullshit.

David Wong - 19/12/2016
Pennywise
Registered Broad

Post #4 by Pennywise » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:34 pm

IcE ColD wrote:
Boring Choice #2 wrote:Just finished reading the 11/22/63 story (time travel to save Kennedy from assassination). The main character spends some time in Derry and references It including some of the characters.

I absolutely loved that book. Read it last summer.

And yes, the references are there. Then again, King has his own "King-verse", so eh.

The Bible could the Stephen King novel of It's time, meant to be taken in a cavalcade of interpretations. Noah's Ark floated, and you will too!

Pennywise
Registered Broad

Post #5 by Pennywise » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:54 pm

claw, dont fuck with my feels this way. anything brother! a piece of hair for all I care!
clawfirst
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 150 times
Received rep: 296 times

Post #6 by clawfirst » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:15 pm

*shaves pubes*

Wanna buy some movie hair?
Pennywise
Registered Broad

Post #7 by Pennywise » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:19 pm

paint it orangish red and ya damn right I would.

they are giving the mini series a documentary -- not any thanks to the dumbos at Warner Bros. Tim Curry is involved which is the only thing keeping it afloat. Poor guy had a stroke and is looking like Christopher Hitchens now. All the brightest seem to lose it. :(
clawfirst
Registered Broad

Post #8 by clawfirst » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:29 pm

The lead looks really strange in prosthetic mask without makeup...at least i think thats what i was looking at
Pennywise
Registered Broad

Post #9 by Pennywise » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:01 pm

The lead as in Pennywise? Bill Skarsgard? The directors description of him sounds fucking great to me.

"What I can tell you is that he is terrifying, and there was a lot of work involved in bringing a new version of that character to life. The work I did with Bill Skarsgård was great, and he was amazing and a very impressive, talented, sweet young man."

“The day that [Pennywise] showed up on the stage, they fucking freaked out. Bill is like, seven-foot high, and I can't describe how scary he looks in person. He's a wiry man, crouching, making sounds, snotting, drooling, speaking in Swedish sometimes. Terrifying.”

I hope with some work they can fix up his eyes a bit. hes got that look that he might be trying too hard to be evil but he is a big lanky dude and in full costume in person, likely scary as fuck to anyone.

Bill climbing through a wall. Look at his spidery legs. :creeper2:
clawfirst
Registered Broad

Post #10 by clawfirst » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:08 pm

Could have been a double too. Im not in there. But alien like head without the makeup and hair. So its a big prosthetic mask...that is flesh coloured . then its painted and wiged to look like penny.
clawfirst
Registered Broad

Post #11 by clawfirst » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:10 pm

Not 7 feet tall. Like 6'2 or 3
Pennywise
Registered Broad

Post #12 by Pennywise » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:13 pm

clawfirst wrote:Could have been a double too. Im not in there. But alien like head without the makeup and hair. So its a big prosthetic mask...that is flesh coloured . then its painted and wiged to look like penny.

Yeah, well this movie will also have alot of SFX/CGI with one instance of Pennywise's face on Bill's mother's head as mentioned in the trailer. So between reshoots and all they probably have a ton of different masks.

Then we are shown the members of the Loser’s Club meeting each other and realizing that they’ve all been seeing the same entity, before one of them finally says “The Clown.” Once that happens, the teaser then moves into its centerpiece, which shows the members of the Loser’s Club looking at pictures on a carousel slide projector that suddenly acquires a life of its own and begins moving through the slides at an increasingly alarming speed. The pictures are of Georgie and his parents, and each slide zooms in on Georgie’s face before cutting to his mother, whose hair is covering her face. As the projector moves from slide to slide, the hair moves out of his mother’s face, and her face is revealed to be that of Pennywise himself.
Pennywise
Registered Broad

Post #13 by Pennywise » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:15 pm

clawfirst wrote:Not 7 feet tall. Like 6'2 or 3

Not much of a difference in movie-land. The costume is sitting well with me when at first I didnt care for it much but again, I gotta wait to see the finished product or something from the trailer because I will be watching it 3,000 times in a row at 0.001 speed for all screenshots.

:pennylou:
Pennywise
Registered Broad

Post #14 by Pennywise » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:20 pm

Loooka what just dropped. Oh lawdy.

This scene is always going to be lame for those that have seen the mini series a thousand times and yada yada. I get it, the smile is lame. I dont give a shit, its going to be a fun time. the boat is in there and whats scarier to me is the hesitation on Georgies arm and hand. You can see it through a photo, so in motion it will look decent I assume.

http://www.empireonline.com/people/bill ... ise-clown/
Pennywise
Registered Broad

Post #15 by Pennywise » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:11 pm

STEPHEN KING'S IT SCORES LIGHTS OUT COMPOSER BENJAMIN WALLFISCH
http://www.joblo.com/horror-movies/news ... lfisch-157
Pennywise
Registered Broad

Post #16 by Pennywise » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:39 pm

Pennywise
Registered Broad

Post #17 by Pennywise » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:48 pm

Pennywise
Registered Broad

Post #18 by Pennywise » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:23 am

"checking out this documentary or something"

4:01 LOOOL

Dr_Chimera
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 57 times
Received rep: 177 times

Post #19 by Dr_Chimera » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:58 pm

Looking forward to the kiddy sex finale.
Pennywise
Registered Broad

Post #20 by Pennywise » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:20 pm

Dr_Chimera wrote:Looking forward to the kiddy sex finale.

Cory Fukanaga route was already destroyed. Do you have anything else besides a YouTube comment?

This trailer was too many jump scares. Pennywise is not Mama for fuck sakes. Go to hell Andy Muschietti, I hope this ruins your career and Tim Curry in a five minute documentary sells more.

You want to see some kiddy sex finale, log on Instagram. :rudy:
Dr_Chimera
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 57 times
Received rep: 177 times

Post #21 by Dr_Chimera » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:44 pm

Seems I have stumbled into some serious business here. Apologies.
Pennywise
Registered Broad

Post #22 by Pennywise » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:26 pm

I dont think its possible to add that in the film without it being the whole talking point in every interview. Its just too much baggage for something that is risky to begin with. Its something better left in the book.
Pennywise
Registered Broad

Post #23 by Pennywise » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:48 pm

DeadPhish
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 18 times
Received rep: 24 times

Post #24 by DeadPhish » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:01 pm

beep beep richie.
Pennywise
Registered Broad

Post #25 by Pennywise » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:17 am

Well BigD, ya did it.

ya got us all back here.

i guess its because its your so lame, you'd never leave this town.

I finally made it guys.

I am in the deadlights. And ya know what?

Its true what they say.
AD
Has given rep: 322 times
Received rep: 394 times

Post #26 by AD » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:15 am

Where is "here"?
Pennywise
Registered Broad