Non-Retro Video Game Thread

With Nicholas Picholas
chicpea
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 2504 times
Received rep: 1738 times

Re: Non-Retro Video Game Thread

Post #401 by chicpea » Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:16 pm

I can't stop thinking about that other game.
WTF
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 423 times
Received rep: 773 times

Post #402 by WTF » Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:14 pm

Dr_Chimera wrote:What happens when a bunch of Polacks release a game.

The sad thing is that there are some good elements to the game but there seem to be some very fundamental flaws as well.

Driving is quite terrible in the game and the issues with bugs aside, it just feels unfinished despite the multiple delays. One theory I've seen floating around is that the plans for the game shifted when it was announced that Keanu Reeves would be involved and you can see how his character begins playing a very central role the very moment Act 2 comes into play. Previously, all demo footage was from Act 1 and that part certainly feels the most polished (the parts that aren't skipped as part of a montage).

The fuckup with the console versions is fairly inexcusable and the teams managing the deployments on those platforms really should have put a stop to it but it sounds like their sales teams had a disproportionate say when it came to launch readiness.

I've thankfully never been involved in game development but for the large IT projects I have been involved with, multiple people would've escalated production performance issues to the very top of the list in terms of show-stoppers. There's no way the last gen console versions should've received a greenlight in their current state.
19nazzy
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 67 times
Received rep: 48 times

Post #403 by 19nazzy » Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:57 pm

I stopped playing early on in Act 2, it's just been doing nothing for me.
WTF
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 423 times
Received rep: 773 times

Post #404 by WTF » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:19 pm

I just cruise around NC, zero-ing gangoons and taking on various side gigs and taking photos.

Return to “Video & Arcade Top 10”