Diablo 3

With Nicholas Picholas
NyQuil
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 5 times
Received rep: 10 times

Post #1 by NyQuil » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:48 am

I just started playing this.

Yes, I'm late to the party as per usual.

Got Reaper of Souls too.

I'm playing as a Wizard, it's kinda fun.
Vector
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 38 times
Received rep: 26 times

Post #2 by Vector » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:27 pm

I liked it. You're better off playing it now than at the start. For a long time you couldn't get any good items then, with Reaper of Souls and getting rid of the auction house, they changed the drop rates and it got very fun.
SopelFan wrote:This is up there on his on his list of 40 injuries with the snake bite and the busted nut.
In reference to Salo hurting himself playing whiffleball.
jester
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 8 times
Received rep: 74 times

Post #3 by jester » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:35 pm

I'm pondering getting it for the PS4 when it comes out--yes, I'm sure it won't be as good as the PC version.
HS
Registered Broad
Received rep: 1 time

Post #4 by HS » Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:47 pm

Fuck that game so hard. They repeatedly made the game easier and easier until it was made for those with a physical disability.
IcE ColD
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 29 times
Received rep: 63 times

Post #5 by IcE ColD » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:45 pm

It's a good time sink. It's really fun for a while then it gets tedious. I wait a couple weeks and jump back in, if only to get further in the story (story-line is something that definitely gets to me in games)

But all those games (Diablo, Torchlight, Path of Exile) are like that for me. Fun for 7-10 hours, then bleh.
Society is actually a bunch of flawed primates guided by selfishness, fear, and superstitious bullshit.

David Wong - 19/12/2016
HS
Registered Broad

Post #6 by HS » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:01 pm

I like the feeling of conquering a challenge. Which is why I loved Battlefield when I was playing it.

I need a challenging game to feel rewarded -- though a game that employs smarts and twitch skills helps tok. May have to reinstall Kerbal Space Program again.
Konecny HypeTrain Captain
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 17 times
Received rep: 35 times

Post #7 by Konecny HypeTrain Captain » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:06 pm

HS wrote:Fuck that game so hard. They repeatedly made the game easier and easier until it was made for those with a physical disability.

They should have left it how it was when it first came out, grind your ass for a long time until you can move on. That was so much fun at first and the removal of the AH makes it harder at least.
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Konecny HypeTrain Captain
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 17 times
Received rep: 35 times

Post #8 by Konecny HypeTrain Captain » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:06 pm

jester wrote:I'm pondering getting it for the PS4 when it comes out--yes, I'm sure it won't be as good as the PC version.

I am getting it 100%, I like what I read about the expansion and some of my friends are getting it.
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
NyQuil
Registered Broad

Post #9 by NyQuil » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:20 pm

I'm in Act 3.

I think I'm around level 42.

What's interesting is that all of the loot I find generally has vitality and intelligence. So I'm not sure if that's Loot 2.0 or whatever.

It makes it difficult to equip my followers without buying from the store.

I'm sure my playstyle is very inefficient in terms of maximizing equipment bonuses and AP use, but I tend to like to control the battlefield.

So I go with:
-Frost Nova - lower cooldown rune
-Wave of Force - with stun and cooldown
-Blizzard
-Disintegrate
-Archon
-Spectral Blades

I usually open a Blizzard to slow my opponents and inflict damage until they get close enough to Frost Nova them.

Then I make more distance and Blizzard again.

I use Disintegrate and Spectral blades interchangeably to do damage to individuals and keep my AP up.

Wave of Force is sort of my panic button but mainly I like it because I can destroy tons of pots in one go and look for gold.

Archon is for the tough packs or panic button because it pretty much rips anything a new one but the cooldown is significant.

I assume at higher levels I'll have to put more of a premium on defence and mobility (re: teleport). I was using the armors for awhile but they're not particularly important at the "Hard" difficulty level.

I'd also probably be better off going with Ray of Frost over Disintegrate and trying to find Cold-related damage equipment. Oh well, just playing around right now.
NyQuil
Registered Broad

Post #10 by NyQuil » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:51 am

So I have a Level 50 wizard and now I'm playing around with a Crusader, which is kind of fun.

I moved up to Expert with the 'Sader and I've died a couple times but I just have to be more careful.
IcE ColD
Registered Broad

Post #11 by IcE ColD » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:26 pm

I hate you NyQuil, you made me jump back in and get my Wizard from 19 to 34.. I am obviously not even done with Act III, thinking about upping the level, but I might keep it for another playthrough
Society is actually a bunch of flawed primates guided by selfishness, fear, and superstitious bullshit.

David Wong - 19/12/2016
NyQuil
Registered Broad

Post #12 by NyQuil » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:00 pm

Having access to pre-combined gems from my wizard is making my second character much better.

I guess that's the idea.

As long as I'm not standing in molten I'm pretty good.

My wizard is in Act 5 but I've taken a break with her for awhile.

It's funny - if Diablo could somehow get more engaging characters and a story to go along with their item system, it'd be a real winner.

I guess they realize who their prime audience is, but clicking on other characters just to get xps and hear two lines of dialogue is pretty weak.

If I was Blizzard, I'd move to a Skyrim-style radiant quest system with a guild for each profession and promotion.

Once you get to a certain rank, there's a non-random story-based quest, but everything else is randomized.

At least you'd feel some progress as opposed to just killing Diablo (which, let's face it, isn't what it used to be).
IcE ColD
Registered Broad

Post #13 by IcE ColD » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:09 pm

One of my buddy picked it up and I now have a Demon Hunter level 66, a Wizard level 40 and a Monk level 32.

And what is seemingly way too much time on my hands, although I must admit playing on Expert makes the leveling process quite fast.

Maybe I should get *one* toon to 70... :bbf:

David Wong - 19/12/2016
HS
Registered Broad

Post #14 by HS » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:28 pm

IcE ColD wrote:One of my buddy picked it up and I now have a Demon Hunter level 66, a Wizard level 40 and a Monk level 32.

And what is seemingly way too much time on my hands, although I must admit playing on Expert makes the leveling process quite fast.

Maybe I should get *one* toon to 70... :bbf:

If you think you are playing a lot, I feel sorry for myself.
IcE ColD
Registered Broad

Post #15 by IcE ColD » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:59 pm

HS wrote:If you think you are playing a lot, I feel sorry for myself.

I don't think I play much, it's just when I add the time from Diablo III to all the other games I play... let's say it's too much for my liking and leave it at that, hehehe

David Wong - 19/12/2016

Return to “Video & Arcade Top 10”