Page 8 of 8

Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:58 pm
by chiclet
Don Cherry on the Junior podcast today talking the 1953 Mem Cup featuring the Barrie Flyers and Winnipeg's own, St. Boniface Canadiens. Good stuff.

Also on the show, Speedy Creek Broncs, Jake Debrusk and .... his dad. ha!

Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:15 am
by zamboner
How bout that Dawson Cruz

Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:46 pm
by Balki Bartokomous
Belleville sold to Hamilton and will move. The OHL fucked this up. Should have moved Plymouth to Cornwall instead of Flint, moved Niagara out West, Hamilton to the East and Cornwall joins the East division.

Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:55 pm
by Balki Bartokomous
East Division:

Oshawa
Ottawa
Peterborough
Cornwall
Kingston

Central Division

Mississauga
North Bay
Sudbury
Barrie
Owen Sound

West Division

Saginaw
Sarnia
London
Windsor
Sault Ste. Marie

Mid-West

Niagara
Erie
Hamilton
Guelph
Kitchener

Only problem is, you're taking London away from Kitchener and Guelph, but at the same time, you're creating Niagara, Hamilton, Erie rivalries.

Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:28 pm
by Balki Bartokomous
I guess they'll line it up like this now:

East Division:

Oshawa
Ottawa
Peterborough
Kingston
Mississauga

Central Division

Hamilton
North Bay
Sudbury
Barrie
Niagara

West Division

Saginaw
Sarnia
Flint
Windsor
Sault Ste. Marie

Mid-West

London
Erie
Hamilton
Guelph
Kitchener

Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:14 am
by VLoo
I still just don't understand how someone though Flint was a good idea.

Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:23 pm
by Balki Bartokomous
Big#D wrote:they are getting rid of the bulls?

was the attendance really bad there or something?


No. They wanted a new arena, didn't get one. So naturally, move to Copps Coliseum.

Divisions will be staying the same, so Hamilton is in the East, not the Central with Niagara, even though they're 30 minutes apart. Erie, Hamilton, Niagara should all be in the central, move Mississauga to the West.

Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:49 pm
by CharlieGirl
This entire Belleville-Hamilton thing is bullshit.

I feel badly for Bulls fans, but I can understand why the team left the city. What I have a problem with is the speed in which this was done, and the fact that deadlines were ignored in the haste to kiss up to a rich guy who wants an OHL team.

I don't necessarily wish Hamilton bad, but I won't be upset to see 4,000 fans rattle around in a 17,000 seat monstrosity.

Hamilton has a lot of work to do to become a viable franchise. Their track record isn't good, but that was a long time ago.

Posted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:28 am
by Balki Bartokomous
CharlieGirl wrote:This entire Belleville-Hamilton thing is bullshit.

I feel badly for Bulls fans, but I can understand why the team left the city. What I have a problem with is the speed in which this was done, and the fact that deadlines were ignored in the haste to kiss up to a rich guy who wants an OHL team.

I don't necessarily wish Hamilton bad, but I won't be upset to see 4,000 fans rattle around in a 17,000 seat monstrosity.

Hamilton has a lot of work to do to become a viable franchise. Their track record isn't good, but that was a long time ago.


I've seen junior hockey crowds in a NHL sized arena. The end result is awful. It's awful for the kids, and the fans. Fuck David Branch. Also fuck Belleville for not getting that arena done somehow. Who is next? Sudbury Wolves?

Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:24 pm
by VLoo
At least we'll have Flint still

Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:58 am
by CharlieGirl
Burt Macklin wrote:I've seen junior hockey crowds in a NHL sized arena. The end result is awful. It's awful for the kids, and the fans. Fuck David Branch. Also fuck Belleville for not getting that arena done somehow. Who is next? Sudbury Wolves?


Sudbury, Owen Sound... who knows?

Just wait until Hamilton is awarded the 2018 Memorial Cup... that'll be awesome.

I was in Plymouth on Saturday night... such a hard game to watch end. They had some diehard fans, just not as many as they needed. I feel so sorry for those fans who were involved with the team for so long; there were a lot of tears at the end of the game. The Whalers did it right, and having the players come back out and do a couple of laps for the fans was awesome.

Posted: Sat May 30, 2015 6:48 pm
by Dr_Chimera
In an extremely controversial turn of events, Connor McDavid wins CHL player of the year.

Not sure how I feel about this.

Re: The OHL Thread 2

Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:04 pm
by chiclet
Junior podcast was back up as of this week.

Catch up here: http://pmd.fan590.com/podcasts/junior/j ... r-18th.mp3

Re:

Posted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:49 pm
by Balki Bartokomous
CharlieGirl wrote:
Burt Macklin wrote:I've seen junior hockey crowds in a NHL sized arena. The end result is awful. It's awful for the kids, and the fans. Fuck David Branch. Also fuck Belleville for not getting that arena done somehow. Who is next? Sudbury Wolves?


Sudbury, Owen Sound... who knows?

Just wait until Hamilton is awarded the 2018 Memorial Cup... that'll be awesome.

I was in Plymouth on Saturday night... such a hard game to watch end. They had some diehard fans, just not as many as they needed. I feel so sorry for those fans who were involved with the team for so long; there were a lot of tears at the end of the game. The Whalers did it right, and having the players come back out and do a couple of laps for the fans was awesome.


That move to Flint turned out swimmingly.

Re: Re:

Posted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:49 pm
by CharlieGirl
The Social Assassin wrote:
CharlieGirl wrote:
Burt Macklin wrote:I've seen junior hockey crowds in a NHL sized arena. The end result is awful. It's awful for the kids, and the fans. Fuck David Branch. Also fuck Belleville for not getting that arena done somehow. Who is next? Sudbury Wolves?


Sudbury, Owen Sound... who knows?

Just wait until Hamilton is awarded the 2018 Memorial Cup... that'll be awesome.

I was in Plymouth on Saturday night... such a hard game to watch end. They had some diehard fans, just not as many as they needed. I feel so sorry for those fans who were involved with the team for so long; there were a lot of tears at the end of the game. The Whalers did it right, and having the players come back out and do a couple of laps for the fans was awesome.


That move to Flint turned out swimmingly.


And yet still better than Hamilton, where attendance hovers around 3,000.

Re: The OHL Thread 2

Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:00 pm
by VLoo
Flint has declared a state of emergency because their town drinking water has toxic levels of lead(among other things) in it. And has since 2014. But this is the place to send minors to play hockey :nice:

Re: The OHL Thread 2

Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:46 pm
by CharlieGirl
Mindboggling, isn't it?

But apparently the players live and go to school in an upscale suburb where the water is fine. But they should probably suspend anyone who wants to give an opposing goalie a snow shower.

Re: The OHL Thread 2

Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:28 am
by CharlieGirl
And here we go again... honestly, this owner is an idiot. I feel badly for the players, their families and the fans who have supported this shit show.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/fathe ... -that-man/

Re: The OHL Thread 2

Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:53 pm
by Boring Choice #2
ohl taking a shit show and making it worse

Re: The OHL Thread 2

Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:25 pm
by CharlieGirl
OHL has sent Joe Birch to run Hockey Ops, and has named Joe Stefan (head scout and formerly with the Whalers) as Head Coach and Pat Peake as asst. coach.

I think this is about the best thing the league could have done on an interim basis. All three guys should provide the players with some sanity and stability.

We'll have to see what plays out over the next couple of months, but for now, the Erie/Flint game is being played and the players are being supported as much as possible.

Re: The OHL Thread 2

Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:17 pm
by MP
The Frontenac's win their first round, and I start to take interest. Then... :facepalm: :why:

Re: The OHL Thread 2

Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:25 pm
by Balki Bartokomous
They are a poor franchise lol

Re: The OHL Thread 2

Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:46 pm
by chiclet
My lovely Royals are hanging by a thread (NOT IN THE OHL).

Re: The OHL Thread 2

Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:14 am
by CharlieGirl
After the most boring conference finals in the history of the OHL, hopefully the finals are worth watching.

GO ICE DOGS!

Re: The OHL Thread 2

Posted: Sat May 14, 2016 12:16 am
by Balki Bartokomous
And for the fourth time in five years, the London Knights are off to the Memorial Cup!

Re: The OHL Thread 2

Posted: Sun May 15, 2016 1:42 pm
by CharlieGirl
The Social Assassin wrote:And for the fourth time in five years, the London Knights are off to the Memorial Cup!


Buffalo Bills of the OHL, except that one of those appearances came as a result of hosting, not earning the position.

Re: The OHL Thread 2

Posted: Sun May 15, 2016 3:03 pm
by Balki Bartokomous
CharlieGirl wrote:
The Social Assassin wrote:And for the fourth time in five years, the London Knights are off to the Memorial Cup!


Buffalo Bills of the OHL, except that one of those appearances came as a result of hosting, not earning the position.


Someone is jealous ;)

Re: The OHL Thread 2

Posted: Thu May 19, 2016 6:52 pm
by CharlieGirl
Not jealous at all. I love seeing them crash and burn on the biggest stage!

Re: The OHL Thread 2

Posted: Sat May 21, 2016 9:46 pm
by Balki Bartokomous
Image

Re: The OHL Thread 2

Posted: Tue May 24, 2016 11:50 am
by Balki Bartokomous
Knights look absolutely unstoppable. Incredible.

Re: The OHL Thread 2

Posted: Tue May 24, 2016 7:29 pm
by CharlieGirl
As much as I detest that team, their passing is second to none. They force teams to play their style, then have their way with them. I'm really hoping Rouyn can do something with them.

Re: The OHL Thread 2

Posted: Wed May 25, 2016 9:55 am
by Balki Bartokomous
20-5 outscoring the opposition so far in the tournament. Marner dazzling. I don't see how anyone beats them. Though RN made it interesting yesterday.

Re: The OHL Thread 2

Posted: Wed May 25, 2016 1:30 pm
by CharlieGirl
One game final, anything can happen. But they are rolling and look unstoppable at this point.

My favourite moment was Dale bitching about diving. Bwahaha. Meanwhile, Rouyn gets called for 2 minutes for touching the Marner.

Re: The OHL Thread 2

Posted: Sun May 29, 2016 7:38 pm
by Balki Bartokomous
CharlieGirl wrote:One game final, anything can happen. But they are rolling and look unstoppable at this point.

My favourite moment was Dale bitching about diving. Bwahaha. Meanwhile, Rouyn gets called for 2 minutes for touching the Marner.


Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii =)

Re: The OHL Thread 2

Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:31 pm
by chiclet
What's up in the O lady and gentleman?

Re: The OHL Thread 2

Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:59 am
by CharlieGirl
No one knows at this point,Chicpea - still a lot of players not sent back.

Sarnia, Windsor, London, Mississauga are all missing KEY players (not counting guys like Marner, who no one expects to return). Sarnia is missing Zacha, Konecny and Chychrun; Windsor is missing Sergachev; London - who gives a shit. ;)

Re: The OHL Thread 2

Posted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:03 pm
by Balki Bartokomous
I saw Arizona sent back Dvorak......why not play him at the A level this year? He has done everything in Jr. Sarnia won't get back Zacha, Konecny or Chychrun for a while same with Windsor and Sergachev. Mississauga has everyone back at this point I think.

Re: The OHL Thread 2

Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:18 pm
by CharlieGirl
They sent him back to London? That makes zero sense, unless there was cash under the table or some such. He's AHL eligible.

Re: The OHL Thread 2

Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:07 am
by Balki Bartokomous
Someone on Twitter misreported. He's still in Arizona.

The Sting are fucked, they lost everyone lol

Re: The OHL Thread 2

Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:37 pm
by CharlieGirl
It's still early, but they could very well be good and truly fucked. Zacha looks at home in Jersey, Konecny has looked very good in Philly, Arizona has a history of wrecking youngsters.

Re: The OHL Thread 2

Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:21 am
by mayoradamwest
Windsor gets sergachev.

Re: The OHL Thread 2

Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:39 am
by TGR


#HockeyMoms