"Get Horny" For Puck: THE Ohio State University Women's Hockey Coach Told Players

just the way the banana likes 'em (in order of preference)
PredsFan77
Has given rep: 106 times
Received rep: 227 times

"Get Horny" For Puck: THE Ohio State University Women's Hockey Coach Told Players

Post #1 by PredsFan77 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:33 pm

I guess we should expect jacketracket to post more now! LOLSUSFU!

http://buckeyextra.dispatch.com/content/stories/2015/03/12/0311-osu-resignation.html

Ohio State women’s hockey coach Nate Handrahan resigned on Monday in lieu of being fired by the university for inappropriate and unprofessional conduct.

Ohio State began investigating Handrahan after an incident at an airport in North Dakota following the Buckeyes’ series in Grand Forks. Witnesses said that Handrahan and assistant coach Carson Duggan missed the team bus to the airport before the flight back to Columbus and arrived at the airport smelling of alcohol and acting unprofessionally.

Ohio State also received complaints about Handrahan for sexual harassment, unprofessional and intimidating conduct and retaliation. According to a report presented on Monday to Ohio State athletic director Gene Smith and human resources director for athletics Kim Heaton, Handrahan made sexually explicit comments to “many” players on the team.

Handrahan, according to witnesses, made sexual comments or innuendos about female players and their relationships with their boyfriends and that he routinely used sexually explicit or vulgar language during practices and in games. Witnesses said that he occasionally implored his players to “get horny for the puck” during practice, a term that players found inappropriate.

CDX.NA.IG.9

[LEFT]Image[/LEFT]
IcE ColD
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 29 times
Received rep: 63 times

Post #2 by IcE ColD » Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:16 pm

[YOUTUBE]c7tvfdSjRE4[/YOUTUBE]
Society is actually a bunch of flawed primates guided by selfishness, fear, and superstitious bullshit.

David Wong - 19/12/2016
IcE ColD
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 29 times
Received rep: 63 times

Post #3 by IcE ColD » Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:17 pm

Although I prefer the Québec-dubbed version

[YOUTUBE]j2Kwn9Ax83o[/YOUTUBE]
Society is actually a bunch of flawed primates guided by selfishness, fear, and superstitious bullshit.

David Wong - 19/12/2016
PredsFan77

Post #4 by PredsFan77 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:54 pm

not horny enough
CDX.NA.IG.9

[LEFT]Image[/LEFT]
PPJ
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 70 times
Received rep: 85 times

Post #5 by PPJ » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:08 am

I thought women wanted to be treated equally?
PPJ
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 70 times
Received rep: 85 times

Post #6 by PPJ » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:17 am

A wild guess on which one was most sexually harassed:

PredsFan77

Post #7 by PredsFan77 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:46 pm

Ohio State's report says its HR department interviewed multiple people, including 11 hockey players. The report portrays a man who shamed his players using details about their relationships, overshared about his own divorce, and one morning showed up at the airport intoxicated and with an assistant coach. From the report:

One witness said Handrahan told her that he likes "to see the girls cry because it makes him feel powerful."

When one witness said she felt bad about sleeping a lot due to an injury even though her boyfriend was in town, Handrahan replied, "Why don't you just give him a Victoria's Secret magazine, some lotion, and tell him to take care of it himself."

When a player had leftover makeup underneath her eyes, Handrahan said," I thought the walk of shame was on Sunday mornings not Tuesday mornings."

Multiple witnesses said Handrahan talked about his divorce and ex-wife in ways that made them uncomfortable. One said Handrahan called his former wife "his bitch ex-wife," another said the coach told her, "My life is a mess. If I don't have you girls, what else do I have?"

While on a game trip to North Dakota, Handrahan and assistant coach Carson Duggan missed the team bus, then showed up at the airport intoxicated, witnesses said. Dugan told investigators that they had a lot to drink the night before and had "taken responsibility for their actions."

Telling people to "get horny" wasn't just for his players. One witness said he told a female referee during a game to "get horny for the whistle."

The anonymous reporter was "identified as a faculty member or instructor." The players said they feared retaliation due to how Handrahan had reacted to a complaint in the past.

According to many of the witnesses, there was an anonymous complaint about Mr. Handrahan's coaching style written to the Athletics Department in December 2013, and Mr. Handrahan confronted the team about the complaint in a meeting. The witnesses stated Mr. Handrahan openly showed disappointment that the complaint went to administration. Many of the witnesses explained this caused them to feel fearful to report anything that happened to them or a teammate. One witness reported Mr. Handrahan said, "I know one of you or your parents wrote the letter, letters like that impact me and my family."

Handrahan denied many of the allegations and said he "could not speculate" why so many people "reported such specific allegations in regard to his verbal conduct to various players on the team." But after its investigation as well as the results of a student-athlete survey, Ohio State found sufficient evidence of violating the sexual harassment policy, sufficient evidence of retaliation, and a finding of inappropriate behavior.
CDX.NA.IG.9

[LEFT]Image[/LEFT]
Roughneck
Registered Broad
Received rep: 10 times

Post #8 by Roughneck » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:54 pm

Lucky they didn't make it to the Frozen Four tournament otherwise the investigation would have had to drag on for a couple more weeks.

They could trade this sexually abusive coach for an emotionally abusive one and hire Shannon Miller once she's done claiming that UMD is not re-signing her because she's a lesbian.
mcphee
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 102 times
Received rep: 202 times

Post #9 by mcphee » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:49 pm

Roughneck wrote:Lucky they didn't make it to the Frozen Four tournament otherwise the investigation would have had to drag on for a couple more weeks.

They could trade this sexually abusive coach for an emotionally abusive one and hire Shannon Miller once she's done claiming that UMD is not re-signing her because she's a lesbian.

It's always a tough conversation when you have to explain, 'no I'm not homophobic, I just think you're an asshole'. You'd think it would be liberating for the asshole, but no, it doesn't really work that way.

Return to “Minors, Juniors, College, and Europe”