the brag about your prospects because there's no better hockey to pay attention to thread

Baby Mama Drama
User avatar
MP
Registered Broad
Posts: 28478
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:13 pm
Location: :uoıʇɐɔoן
Has given rep: 157 times
Received rep: 359 times

Re: the brag about your prospects because there's no better hockey to pay attention to thread

Post #151 by MP » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:28 pm

Just looked at the boxscore, this Middlestat guy might be ok...he might even prove to be better than median.
User avatar
mayoradamwest
Registered Broad
Posts: 29752
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:38 pm
Has given rep: 318 times
Received rep: 156 times

Re: the brag about your prospects because there's no better hockey to pay attention to thread

Post #152 by mayoradamwest » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:24 pm

roy median, now there was a hockey player.
User avatar
PredsFan77
Posts: 37332
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:53 am
Location: 7 TIME LOUNGE JEOPARDY CHAMP!!!
Has given rep: 127 times
Received rep: 363 times

Re: the brag about your prospects because there's no better hockey to pay attention to thread

Post #153 by PredsFan77 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:35 pm

someone let me know how Cale, Taylor, and Jusso are doing
CDX.NA.IG.9









[LEFT]Image[/LEFT]
User avatar
Dr_Chimera
Registered Broad
Posts: 21667
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:50 pm
Has given rep: 103 times
Received rep: 298 times

Re: the brag about your prospects because there's no better hockey to pay attention to thread

Post #154 by Dr_Chimera » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:25 pm

I used to be a doubting Thomas about Thomas. But not anymore.
User avatar
Dr_Chimera
Registered Broad
Posts: 21667
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:50 pm
Has given rep: 103 times
Received rep: 298 times

Re: the brag about your prospects because there's no better hockey to pay attention to thread

Post #155 by Dr_Chimera » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:30 pm

I brought this up earlier in my conversation with chicpea, but this has been percolating in my mind for a while. Sam Steel's name is the English language equivalent of Joseph Stalin.

It's time for some game theory.

Sam = uncle Sam = Uncle Joe (aka Joe Stalin)

Steel = translates as stal', the basis for Stalin aka man of Steel

All things considered, I think this is sufficient evidence to conclusively prove that Sam Steel's parents are Russians spies. They should be investigated.
User avatar
chicpea
Registered Broad
Posts: 17602
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:09 pm
Location: lagoons or ditches
Has given rep: 616 times
Received rep: 319 times

Re: the brag about your prospects because there's no better hockey to pay attention to thread

Post #156 by chicpea » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:15 pm

Dr_Chimera wrote:I used to be a doubting Thomas about Thomas. But not anymore.


I've been doubting whether or not he made the team. Haven't seen him all night. Getting outshone by Quinten Howden III.
User avatar
Dr_Chimera
Registered Broad
Posts: 21667
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:50 pm
Has given rep: 103 times
Received rep: 298 times

Re: the brag about your prospects because there's no better hockey to pay attention to thread

Post #157 by Dr_Chimera » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:19 pm

chiclet wrote:
Dr_Chimera wrote:I used to be a doubting Thomas about Thomas. But not anymore.


I've been doubting whether or not he made the team. Haven't seen him all night. Getting outshone by Quinten Howden III.


Just had an outstanding shift.
User avatar
MP
Registered Broad
Posts: 28478
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:13 pm
Location: :uoıʇɐɔoן
Has given rep: 157 times
Received rep: 359 times

Re: the brag about your prospects because there's no better hockey to pay attention to thread

Post #158 by MP » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:23 pm

Looks for Thomas on score sheet...
User avatar
chicpea
Registered Broad
Posts: 17602
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:09 pm
Location: lagoons or ditches
Has given rep: 616 times
Received rep: 319 times

Re: the brag about your prospects because there's no better hockey to pay attention to thread

Post #159 by chicpea » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:25 pm

Dr_Chimera wrote:
chiclet wrote:
Dr_Chimera wrote:I used to be a doubting Thomas about Thomas. But not anymore.


I've been doubting whether or not he made the team. Haven't seen him all night. Getting outshone by Quinten Howden III.


Just had an outstanding shift.


He was on the 3rd (pity) pp unit and didn't change with his line. Wanted to be on the ice for the Kyrou-Steel show.
User avatar
Dr_Chimera
Registered Broad
Posts: 21667
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:50 pm
Has given rep: 103 times
Received rep: 298 times

Re: the brag about your prospects because there's no better hockey to pay attention to thread

Post #160 by Dr_Chimera » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:28 pm

chiclet wrote:He was on the 3rd (pity) pp unit and didn't change with his line. Wanted to be on the ice for the Kyrou-Steel show.


I can't remember which line Kyrou and Steel were on as underagers. Could you please look that up?

Oh wait a sec - they didn't make the team!
User avatar
Dr_Chimera
Registered Broad
Posts: 21667
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:50 pm
Has given rep: 103 times
Received rep: 298 times

Re: the brag about your prospects because there's no better hockey to pay attention to thread

Post #161 by Dr_Chimera » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:29 pm

Kyrou also looks like Nosferatu.
User avatar
MP
Registered Broad
Posts: 28478
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:13 pm
Location: :uoıʇɐɔoן
Has given rep: 157 times
Received rep: 359 times

Re: the brag about your prospects because there's no better hockey to pay attention to thread

Post #162 by MP » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:30 pm

Ok, I'm convinced, I'll give you a 4 th for Thomas.
User avatar
Dr_Chimera
Registered Broad
Posts: 21667
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:50 pm
Has given rep: 103 times
Received rep: 298 times

Re: the brag about your prospects because there's no better hockey to pay attention to thread

Post #163 by Dr_Chimera » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:31 pm

MP wrote:Ok, I'm convinced, I'll give you a 4 th for Thomas.


Sigh fine.
User avatar
MP
Registered Broad
Posts: 28478
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:13 pm
Location: :uoıʇɐɔoן
Has given rep: 157 times
Received rep: 359 times

Re: the brag about your prospects because there's no better hockey to pay attention to thread

Post #164 by MP » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:35 pm

Dr_Chimera wrote:
MP wrote:Ok, I'm convinced, I'll give you a 4 th for Thomas.


Sigh fine.

Send the offer.
User avatar
Dr_Chimera
Registered Broad
Posts: 21667
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:50 pm
Has given rep: 103 times
Received rep: 298 times

Re: the brag about your prospects because there's no better hockey to pay attention to thread

Post #165 by Dr_Chimera » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:36 pm

MP wrote:
Dr_Chimera wrote:
MP wrote:Ok, I'm convinced, I'll give you a 4 th for Thomas.


Sigh fine.

Send the offer.


Will send soon.
User avatar
chicpea
Registered Broad
Posts: 17602
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:09 pm
Location: lagoons or ditches
Has given rep: 616 times
Received rep: 319 times

Re: the brag about your prospects because there's no better hockey to pay attention to thread

Post #166 by chicpea » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:32 pm

I would also like to add that my boy Dylan Sikura is shredding up the ice over at the Spengler.
User avatar
Dr_Chimera
Registered Broad
Posts: 21667
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:50 pm
Has given rep: 103 times
Received rep: 298 times

Re: the brag about your prospects because there's no better hockey to pay attention to thread

Post #167 by Dr_Chimera » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:53 pm

My boy Sebastian Aho II has been called up by the Isles after displaying feats of dominance in the AHL.
User avatar
chicpea
Registered Broad
Posts: 17602
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:09 pm
Location: lagoons or ditches
Has given rep: 616 times
Received rep: 319 times

Re: the brag about your prospects because there's no better hockey to pay attention to thread

Post #168 by chicpea » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:50 pm

Amazing!
User avatar
Dr_Chimera
Registered Broad
Posts: 21667
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:50 pm
Has given rep: 103 times
Received rep: 298 times

Re: the brag about your prospects because there's no better hockey to pay attention to thread

Post #169 by Dr_Chimera » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:38 pm

Doop-dee-doo. Oh, what's this? A seeing-eye-shot-goal by my favorite star-in-waiting Elias Pettersson who puts all of chicpea's prospects to shame?
User avatar
PredsFan77
Posts: 37332
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:53 am
Location: 7 TIME LOUNGE JEOPARDY CHAMP!!!
Has given rep: 127 times
Received rep: 363 times

Re: the brag about your prospects because there's no better hockey to pay attention to thread

Post #170 by PredsFan77 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:04 pm

doodeedoop
CDX.NA.IG.9



















[LEFT]Image[/LEFT]
User avatar
PredsFan77
Posts: 37332
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:53 am
Location: 7 TIME LOUNGE JEOPARDY CHAMP!!!
Has given rep: 127 times
Received rep: 363 times

Re: the brag about your prospects because there's no better hockey to pay attention to thread

Post #171 by PredsFan77 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:23 pm

CDX.NA.IG.9



















[LEFT]Image[/LEFT]
User avatar
Dr_Chimera
Registered Broad
Posts: 21667
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:50 pm
Has given rep: 103 times
Received rep: 298 times

Re: the brag about your prospects because there's no better hockey to pay attention to thread

Post #172 by Dr_Chimera » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:58 pm



Suck iiiiiiitttt
User avatar
chicpea
Registered Broad
Posts: 17602
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:09 pm
Location: lagoons or ditches
Has given rep: 616 times
Received rep: 319 times

Re: the brag about your prospects because there's no better hockey to pay attention to thread

Post #173 by chicpea » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:48 pm

I think it glanced off his sweater.
User avatar
chicpea
Registered Broad
Posts: 17602
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:09 pm
Location: lagoons or ditches
Has given rep: 616 times
Received rep: 319 times

Re: the brag about your prospects because there's no better hockey to pay attention to thread

Post #174 by chicpea » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:10 pm

Dr_Chimera wrote:https://twitter.com/mikemorrealeNHL/status/946861984531845120

Suck iiiiiiitttt


User avatar
chicpea
Registered Broad
Posts: 17602
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:09 pm
Location: lagoons or ditches
Has given rep: 616 times
Received rep: 319 times

Re: the brag about your prospects because there's no better hockey to pay attention to thread

Post #175 by chicpea » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:35 pm

Your boy Thomas should learn how to stickhandle.
User avatar
Dr_Chimera
Registered Broad
Posts: 21667
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:50 pm
Has given rep: 103 times
Received rep: 298 times

Re: the brag about your prospects because there's no better hockey to pay attention to thread

Post #176 by Dr_Chimera » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:42 pm

This was a humbling experience for me.
User avatar
chicpea
Registered Broad
Posts: 17602
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:09 pm
Location: lagoons or ditches
Has given rep: 616 times
Received rep: 319 times

Re: the brag about your prospects because there's no better hockey to pay attention to thread

Post #177 by chicpea » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:01 am

Kyrou Earns Comparisons To "(Mike) Modano (Sr)":

https://www.tsn.ca/kyrou-earns-comparison-to-modano-1.954836
User avatar
Balki Bartokomous
Registered Broad
Posts: 68826
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:55 pm
Has given rep: 64 times
Received rep: 591 times

Re: the brag about your prospects because there's no better hockey to pay attention to thread

Post #178 by Balki Bartokomous » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:57 am

Jacob Oettinger dispatches those terrible Canadians to earn the U S of A a huge victory, well earned.
User avatar
chicpea
Registered Broad
Posts: 17602
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:09 pm
Location: lagoons or ditches
Has given rep: 616 times
Received rep: 319 times

Re: the brag about your prospects because there's no better hockey to pay attention to thread

Post #179 by chicpea » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:09 pm

susfs. Nice comma splice.
User avatar
Dr_Chimera
Registered Broad
Posts: 21667
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:50 pm
Has given rep: 103 times
Received rep: 298 times

Re: the brag about your prospects because there's no better hockey to pay attention to thread

Post #180 by Dr_Chimera » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:29 pm

Chytil 12-15 on faceoffs. Admittedly against Belarus.
User avatar
Craig
Registered Broad
Posts: 39170
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:33 pm
Location: Toronto
Has given rep: 38 times
Received rep: 358 times

Re: the brag about your prospects because there's no better hockey to pay attention to thread

Post #181 by Craig » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:36 pm

How's my boy Bellows doing?
User avatar
MP
Registered Broad
Posts: 28478
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:13 pm
Location: :uoıʇɐɔoן
Has given rep: 157 times
Received rep: 359 times

Re: the brag about your prospects because there's no better hockey to pay attention to thread

Post #182 by MP » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:48 pm

Middlestat 6pts, Kostin 5pts, 1-2 in the scoring race...
User avatar
chicpea
Registered Broad
Posts: 17602
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:09 pm
Location: lagoons or ditches
Has given rep: 616 times
Received rep: 319 times

Re: the brag about your prospects because there's no better hockey to pay attention to thread

Post #183 by chicpea » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:46 am

Anyone seen, empee? It is uncharacteristic of him not to check in with his roster for this long a spell. Perhaps he is quite ill with a flu? Cobbler, you live in Ontaria. Can you go to his house?
User avatar
chicpea
Registered Broad
Posts: 17602
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:09 pm
Location: lagoons or ditches
Has given rep: 616 times
Received rep: 319 times

Re: the brag about your prospects because there's no better hockey to pay attention to thread

Post #184 by chicpea » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:26 pm

Kyrou, Dube, and Sam Steel being a-listed for a spot on Canada's coveted Olympic team.
User avatar
Craig
Registered Broad
Posts: 39170
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:33 pm
Location: Toronto
Has given rep: 38 times
Received rep: 358 times

Re: the brag about your prospects because there's no better hockey to pay attention to thread

Post #185 by Craig » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:08 pm

Hey guys, who's leading this shindig is goals anyway?
User avatar
PredsFan77
Posts: 37332
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:53 am
Location: 7 TIME LOUNGE JEOPARDY CHAMP!!!
Has given rep: 127 times
Received rep: 363 times

Re: the brag about your prospects because there's no better hockey to pay attention to thread

Post #186 by PredsFan77 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:32 pm

Denmark?
CDX.NA.IG.9



















[LEFT]Image[/LEFT]
User avatar
chicpea
Registered Broad
Posts: 17602
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:09 pm
Location: lagoons or ditches
Has given rep: 616 times
Received rep: 319 times

Re: the brag about your prospects because there's no better hockey to pay attention to thread

Post #187 by chicpea » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:41 pm

Very happy to see emppee back in action and only now upon reflection do I realise that he is in fact the former managing director of soulpepper.
User avatar
Craig
Registered Broad
Posts: 39170
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:33 pm
Location: Toronto
Has given rep: 38 times
Received rep: 358 times

Re: the brag about your prospects because there's no better hockey to pay attention to thread

Post #188 by Craig » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:32 am

Hey guys, I just now noticed that the Swedes came to their senses and went with Larsson as their starting goalie. So now I have the best goalie (Hart doesn't count) and the top goalscorer in the tourney.
User avatar
chicpea
Registered Broad
Posts: 17602
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:09 pm
Location: lagoons or ditches
Has given rep: 616 times
Received rep: 319 times

Re: the brag about your prospects because there's no better hockey to pay attention to thread

Post #189 by chicpea » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:10 pm

NAME TEAM GAMES Mins Shots GAA SAVES SV%
POINT Colton CAN 1 60:00 20 0 20 100.00
RODIK Dmitri BLR 2 82:07 40 2 38 95.00
DURNY Roman SVK 4 240:00 154 11 143 92.86 2.75
GUSTAVSSON F SWE 5 305:00 118 9 109 92.37 1.77
HART Carter CAN 5 305:00 120 10 110 91.67 1.97
LARSSON Filip SWE 1 60:00 22 2 20 90.91
SUKHACHYOV V RUS 5 262:30 125 12 113 90.40
User avatar
Craig
Registered Broad
Posts: 39170
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:33 pm
Location: Toronto
Has given rep: 38 times
Received rep: 358 times

Re: the brag about your prospects because there's no better hockey to pay attention to thread

Post #190 by Craig » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:22 pm

I prefer TSN's stats, because they make my player seem better:

https://www.tsn.ca/world-juniors/statis ... oaltending
User avatar
Dr_Chimera
Registered Broad
Posts: 21667
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:50 pm
Has given rep: 103 times
Received rep: 298 times

Re: the brag about your prospects because there's no better hockey to pay attention to thread

Post #191 by Dr_Chimera » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:09 pm

Trent Frederic with a 4-goal effort against the Czechs. No big deal.
User avatar
Craig
Registered Broad
Posts: 39170
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:33 pm
Location: Toronto
Has given rep: 38 times
Received rep: 358 times

Re: the brag about your prospects because there's no better hockey to pay attention to thread

Post #192 by Craig » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:11 pm

Couple more for Bellows, who TSN continue to list as the top goal scorer.
User avatar
MP
Registered Broad
Posts: 28478
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:13 pm
Location: :uoıʇɐɔoן
Has given rep: 157 times
Received rep: 359 times

Re: the brag about your prospects because there's no better hockey to pay attention to thread

Post #193 by MP » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:15 pm

I'm not talking about my prospect's escapades in the bronze medal game out of dignity.
User avatar
PredsFan77
Posts: 37332
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:53 am
Location: 7 TIME LOUNGE JEOPARDY CHAMP!!!
Has given rep: 127 times
Received rep: 363 times

Re: the brag about your prospects because there's no better hockey to pay attention to thread

Post #194 by PredsFan77 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:16 pm

that colt marak is a heckuva player
CDX.NA.IG.9



















[LEFT]Image[/LEFT]
User avatar
Dr_Chimera
Registered Broad
Posts: 21667
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:50 pm
Has given rep: 103 times
Received rep: 298 times

Re: the brag about your prospects because there's no better hockey to pay attention to thread

Post #195 by Dr_Chimera » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:20 pm

SPRONG
User avatar
Dr_Chimera
Registered Broad
Posts: 21667
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:50 pm
Has given rep: 103 times
Received rep: 298 times

Re: the brag about your prospects because there's no better hockey to pay attention to thread

Post #196 by Dr_Chimera » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:27 pm

Not Robert Thomas's fault that these oafish line-mates cannot finish his delectable feeds.
User avatar
chicpea
Registered Broad
Posts: 17602
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:09 pm
Location: lagoons or ditches
Has given rep: 616 times
Received rep: 319 times

Re: the brag about your prospects because there's no better hockey to pay attention to thread

Post #197 by chicpea » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:32 pm

Dr_Chimera wrote:Trent Frederic with a 4-goal effort against the Czechs. No big deal.


You're right.
User avatar
Dr_Chimera
Registered Broad
Posts: 21667
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:50 pm
Has given rep: 103 times
Received rep: 298 times

Re: the brag about your prospects because there's no better hockey to pay attention to thread

Post #198 by Dr_Chimera » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:44 pm

chicpea wrote:
Dr_Chimera wrote:Trent Frederic with a 4-goal effort against the Czechs. No big deal.


You're right.


I'm sorry, what did you say. I couldn't hear you over the sound of Sprong feeding Crosby.
User avatar
chicpea
Registered Broad
Posts: 17602
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:09 pm
Location: lagoons or ditches
Has given rep: 616 times
Received rep: 319 times

Re: the brag about your prospects because there's no better hockey to pay attention to thread

Post #199 by chicpea » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:08 pm

And that, Dr, is why DillON duBE is the Captain.
User avatar
Dr_Chimera
Registered Broad
Posts: 21667
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:50 pm
Has given rep: 103 times
Received rep: 298 times

Re: the brag about your prospects because there's no better hockey to pay attention to thread

Post #200 by Dr_Chimera » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:28 pm

Duebe will be a solid contributor in the ECHL

Return to “Broads Keeper League”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests