Canada's Team Maple Leafs host 50%~ of Kanata's Team Ottawa Sens - 7:30 PM SNET

Curry Rage
Registered Broad
Posts: 4847
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:32 am
Has given rep: 515 times
Received rep: 386 times

Re: Canada's Team Maple Leafs host 50%~ of Kanata's Team Ottawa Sens - 7:30 PM SNET

Post #51 by Curry Rage » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:05 am

Anderson: 1 - Leafs: 0, by the looks of things. I'll watch the whole thing later. Totally out-Fenwicked them though.

Freddie blew it on the Chabot goal.
JVR blew it on the Hoffman goal, then got a pretty one back.
Fucking glass blew it on the whoever goal.
Rielly blew it on the winning goal.

EAT DICK FOR DAHLIN #EDFD
*Buy Oil Stocks!*
User avatar
Honus Joglund
Registered Broad
Posts: 18552
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:33 pm
Location: Politzania
Received rep: 451 times

Re: Canada's Team Maple Leafs host 50%~ of Kanata's Team Ottawa Sens - 7:30 PM SNET

Post #52 by Honus Joglund » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:31 am

The irony of it all is that Rielly was the best player on the ice until he blew the game.

He looks like a player who is too confident right now. There was another play a bit before the goal where he jumped to try to catch a puck in the neutral zone that was like 15 feet in the air. Hey Morgan, you'd need a trampoline to get up there. Babz needs to remind him that when he's giving 100% he can be he best d-man on the ice most nights, but when he's giving 150% he's a liability. Stop trying to be superman and just be good.
User avatar
paulster
Registered Broad
Posts: 1917
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:44 am
Has given rep: 701 times
Received rep: 290 times

Re: Canada's Team Maple Leafs host 50%~ of Kanata's Team Ottawa Sens - 7:30 PM SNET

Post #53 by paulster » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:09 am

There will be pain.

At least Polak scored though. :nucks:
User avatar
Thomas Malthus
Registered Broad
Posts: 4333
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:08 pm
Location: Whore Island
Has given rep: 147 times
Received rep: 428 times

Re: Canada's Team Maple Leafs host 50%~ of Kanata's Team Ottawa Sens - 7:30 PM SNET

Post #54 by Thomas Malthus » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:45 am

Curry Rage wrote:Anderson: 1 - Leafs: 0, by the looks of things. I'll watch the whole thing later. Totally out-Fenwicked them though.

Freddie blew it on the Chabot goal.
JVR blew it on the Hoffman goal, then got a pretty one back.
Fucking glass blew it on the whoever goal.
Rielly blew it on the winning goal.

EAT DICK FOR DAHLIN #EDFD


A pretty conspicuous lack of fault directed at Polak and Borgman in this summary...
"If you torture the data long enough, it will confess to anything." - Ronald Coase
"[...]all models are wrong, some are useful." - George E. P. Box
User avatar
stoney
Registered Broad
Posts: 5886
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 1:39 pm
Has given rep: 236 times
Received rep: 134 times

Re: Canada's Team Maple Leafs host 50%~ of Kanata's Team Ottawa Sens - 7:30 PM SNET

Post #55 by stoney » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:03 am

Polak played 16+ minutes and we had one PK. He was -2 and one of those goals was very much his to own a share of for being way out of position.

Honestly I'm tired of watching guys that are black holes get ice, especially in a game you're losing.

Kadri is in a slump. Komarov can't score. Brown is busting his ass on the 4th line. Why can't he take some shifts on that line? Hell, Moore has as many goals as Komarov. He has not earned 5 on 5 ice over Brown. Shut downs mean nothing when you're losing 2-0.

I hope there is a light at the end of this off the glass and out tunnel. I'm not seeing what type of fruit the exercise in choking out the creativity is going to bear, but I hope there's something.
Curry Rage
Registered Broad
Posts: 4847
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:32 am
Has given rep: 515 times
Received rep: 386 times

Re: Canada's Team Maple Leafs host 50%~ of Kanata's Team Ottawa Sens - 7:30 PM SNET

Post #56 by Curry Rage » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:09 am

Thomas Malthus wrote:
Curry Rage wrote:Anderson: 1 - Leafs: 0, by the looks of things. I'll watch the whole thing later. Totally out-Fenwicked them though.

Freddie blew it on the Chabot goal.
JVR blew it on the Hoffman goal, then got a pretty one back.
Fucking glass blew it on the whoever goal.
Rielly blew it on the winning goal.

EAT DICK FOR DAHLIN #EDFD


A pretty conspicuous lack of fault directed at Polak and Borgman in this summary...


I'm sure someone else will do it. But, watching the goals (again) neither was really Polak's fault. Chabot scored on a weak shot from the faceoff dot while Polak had his man in front. That's all on Freddie. You could make a case about the one off the glass, but Polak is heading behind the net to get the puck, it was Gauthier out front who was in a better position to pick up the Sen coming through the slot. The bounce caught everyone off guard and Freddie wasn't set. You could argue Polak should've stayed with Dumont after forcing his first shot over the net but the bounce was pretty lucky. Borgman coughed it up in the first place, but I didn't realise he was on the shit list.
*Buy Oil Stocks!*
Curry Rage
Registered Broad
Posts: 4847
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:32 am
Has given rep: 515 times
Received rep: 386 times

Re: Canada's Team Maple Leafs host 50%~ of Kanata's Team Ottawa Sens - 7:30 PM SNET

Post #57 by Curry Rage » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:10 am

stoney wrote:Polak played 16+ minutes and we had one PK. He was -2 and one of those goals was very much his to own a share of for being way out of position.


Neither goal had much to do with him at all. He's not out of position on the first one, he's playing to overload the strong side on the dump in. All of our D do that. Chabot is JVR's man and you can see JVR kind of half-heartedly leaning to get a stick in his path. That's a bad angle shot.
*Buy Oil Stocks!*

Return to “The Auston Matthews show”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest