Befanas in Pyjamas

And some artists..
Twitter bArt
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 230 times
Received rep: 438 times

Re: Befanas in Pyjamas

Post #9251 by Twitter bArt » Sun May 06, 2018 9:37 pm

De toute évidence, ce dimanche s’achève et il n’y aura pas d’annonces d’ici la fin de la journée…Mais bon, que vous voulez-vous, je rapporte ce qu’on me dit même quand des fois, j’ai moi-même mes propres doutes

Ceci dit, pour me faire pardonner, je vais non seulement re-confirmer qu’il y aura des annonces dans les prochains jours et qu’il s’agira bel et bien d’annonces toutes Québécoises, je vais aussi m’avancer en affirmant que l’une d’elle devrait être Joël Bouchard dans un rôle qui pourrait ressembler à adjoint ou assistant au directeur général.

Pour l’autre malheureusement, je n’ai toujours pas de confirmation de quoi que ce soit, on y reviendra au besoin !

-El Cloun
:mkbét::lr: :lr:

OOOH yeah life goes on, long after the thrill of Vinny is gone

It's too bad all the people that could really run the Habs are busy doing talk radio, writing blogs or posting on message boards.

Now, Lajoie is an imbecile, a cretin and a plagiarist, who to use author Dany Laferrière's deliciously withering expression, "lives beyond his intellectual means."

...as serious as a poutine shortage in Chicoutimi during a curling bonspiel...

Haddock wrote:I wouldn't know anything about that. I gave my soul up when I swore allegiance to the goddamn queen.

:lr: :lr: :lr:
Twitter bArt
Registered Broad

Post #9252 by Twitter bArt » Sun May 06, 2018 10:36 pm

the undersized VGK advance to conference finals

DOH

It's too bad all the people that could really run the Habs are busy doing talk radio, writing blogs or posting on message boards.

Now, Lajoie is an imbecile, a cretin and a plagiarist, who to use author Dany Laferrière's deliciously withering expression, "lives beyond his intellectual means."

Haddock wrote:I wouldn't know anything about that. I gave my soul up when I swore allegiance to the goddamn queen.

TittiesNBeer
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 383 times
Received rep: 297 times

Post #9253 by TittiesNBeer » Sun May 06, 2018 11:04 pm

Every year the NHL is moving more and more to a game where speed and skill is the way to win. Thats why i'm not afraid of Trocheck's size.

Add to that the fact that its only a matter of time before even more new rules come in to deal with things like head shots (which will lead to even less hitting in the game) and you have to see that change coming and go for it.

Speed, Skill.... thats the way to go with this team. Both at Centre and at Left Defence. An infusion of both is drastically needed.

And the more the game goes to speed and skill, all the more reason we should stay away from the Ketchups of the world.
Retardé S
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 1033 times
Received rep: 1227 times

Post #9254 by Retardé S » Sun May 06, 2018 11:36 pm

TittiesNBeer wrote:Every year the NHL is moving more and more to a game where speed and skill is the way to win. Thats why i'm not afraid of Trocheck's size.

Add to that the fact that its only a matter of time before even more new rules come in to deal with things like head shots (which will lead to even less hitting in the game) and you have to see that change coming and go for it.

Speed, Skill.... thats the way to go with this team. Both at Centre and at Left Defence. An infusion of both is drastically needed.

And the more the game goes to speed and skill, all the more reason we should stay away from the Ketchups of the world.

Big, fast and skilled will always beat small, fast and skilled. Sure smaller players are triving, but if you surround them with nothing but small players, then your team becomes easy to counter. It's not like Tkachuk is a bruiser with no hands, he's actually very skilled. Probably more of a finesse player than people are willing to admit, and he skates pretty well. It takes balance on a good team, and we don't have that right now. Even our bigger top fwds like Galchenyuk and Pacs are soft as hell. I saw people on boredz actually compare us picking Tkachuk to picking McCarron, and now you brought up McCarron when Artie brought up the point about size which completely misses the point to a level where my head started hurting.

:rudy:

We need to build a well balanced team in terms of size (always holding skill to a high standard) or we'll end up second best on the ice when it matters because the best teams have that up front as well as in the back. That said, I wouldn't be against the Trotchek vs Pacs trade, but you better build a proper team than can sustain pressure and play heavy when it needs to and a team of under 6'ers don't give you that.
TittiesNBeer
Registered Broad

Post #9255 by TittiesNBeer » Sun May 06, 2018 11:49 pm

I dont agree at all that brady is a pretty good skater. Its his biggest weakness.
Retardé S
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 1033 times
Received rep: 1227 times

Post #9256 by Retardé S » Mon May 07, 2018 12:11 am

TittiesNBeer wrote:I dont agree at all that brady is a pretty good skater. Its his biggest weakness.

He needs to improve his explosiveness and his first step, but I consider him a pretty good skater. He's much more fluid than Zadina, and I'd even say he's faster at top speed.
Macbeth
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 460 times
Received rep: 463 times

Post #9257 by Macbeth » Mon May 07, 2018 1:01 am

Keef remains the best Ketchup, let us admit as much.
Twitter bArt
Registered Broad

Post #9258 by Twitter bArt » Mon May 07, 2018 8:32 am

Listening to Cassidy's post game presser, he comments on how it became harder for his forwards to penetrate into better scoring areas due to the bigger TB defence.

Trocheck is a very good player. The issue here is not his skill set, it's team make up and style of play.

What Gainey learned the hard way is that no matter how much the NHL says it wants to change, it never really does. So do we really want to film Sous Six Part Deux

Twitter bArt
Registered Broad

Post #9259 by Twitter bArt » Mon May 07, 2018 9:06 am

well someone has to work on the Sous Six script

Mac is busy and it won't write itself

Craig
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 32 times
Received rep: 444 times

Post #9260 by Craig » Mon May 07, 2018 9:39 am

Dog wrote:A center line of Tavares-Trocheck-Tkachuck is pretty good. Then we have Drouin, Galch, Lekhonen, Gallagher and whatnot on the wings. Defense is overated.

If Nashville-Winnipeg is proof of anything, it's this.
Not
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 205 times
Received rep: 148 times

Post #9261 by Not » Mon May 07, 2018 9:46 am

Craig wrote:
Dog wrote:A center line of Tavares-Trocheck-Tkachuck is pretty good. Then we have Drouin, Galch, Lekhonen, Gallagher and whatnot on the wings. Defense is overated.

It also proves size does matter :donger:
TittiesNBeer
Registered Broad

Post #9262 by TittiesNBeer » Mon May 07, 2018 9:54 am

When your complaints about size, and getting to the front of the net, include players like Brendan Gallagher, and Paul Byron... i have a hard time seeing the size argument.

Are they short? sure.

Has either player ever had a hard time getting to the front of the net and getting prime scoring chances against big defenders? no.
Twitter bArt
Registered Broad

Post #9263 by Twitter bArt » Mon May 07, 2018 10:06 am

TittiesNBeer wrote:When your complaints about size, and getting to the front of the net, include players like Brendan Gallagher, and Paul Byron... i have a hard time seeing the size argument.

Are they short? sure.

Has either player ever had a hard time getting to the front of the net and getting prime scoring chances against big defenders? no.

it's hard to tell how they'd do in the playoffs...

Twitter bArt
Registered Broad

Post #9264 by Twitter bArt » Mon May 07, 2018 10:08 am

Craig wrote:

looks pretty solid

Not
Registered Broad

Post #9265 by Not » Mon May 07, 2018 10:23 am

Fuck are you dense....

Are you going to compare Gallagher and Byron to Wheeler, Laine, Schief, Connors, Statsny, Ehlers....all over 6'0"? Talent and size...
TittiesNBeer
Registered Broad

Post #9266 by TittiesNBeer » Mon May 07, 2018 12:39 pm

Not wrote:Fuck are you dense....

Are you going to compare Gallagher and Byron to Wheeler, Laine, Schief, Connors, Statsny, Ehlers....all over 6'0"? Talent and size...

Winnipeg has 9 players with talent in their top 9. Heck they have Roslovic waiting in the wings too.

Its not the size, its the talent.

If you find me a guy who is over six foot and skates like Ehlers or whoever, I'm not turning that down.

This team needs talent... and I'm not passing over a 5'11 guy in Trocheck who put up 70 points this year cause he's an inch too short. That's just dumb. Would you pass on 5'11 Sidney Crosby too? How far does it go that your number 1 C has to be over 6'0"

Also why the fuck we care about Winnipeg, we play them twice a year, and would only face them in the playoffs if we both made the cup final.

Don't build your team to beat one opponent, build your team to beat multiple opponents. Look at Tampa's forward group, Point, Johnson, Gourde are all midgets. Kucherov and Callahan are sous-six too. Not one forward on their roster is over 6'1". Their team is built on speed and skill.

https://www.nhl.com/lightning/roster
AD
Has given rep: 582 times
Received rep: 671 times

Post #9267 by AD » Mon May 07, 2018 12:41 pm

I don't think Not said any of what you're saying he said... *sigh*
TittiesNBeer
Registered Broad

Post #9268 by TittiesNBeer » Mon May 07, 2018 12:47 pm

AD wrote:I don't think Not said any of what you're saying he said... *sigh*

is the 40 goal 70 point Laine better than 30 goal 50 point gallagher... sure... but its not size that is the reason why.

You want to turn down a Patch for Trocheck offer cause he's not big enough. That makes no sense to me, the guy has the talent to be a 70 point centre. Who cares about height.

Get a team where Gallagher and Byron are 2nd and 3rd liners (instead of your top 2 goal scorers last season), and they can fit despite their height.

Of course they aren't Wheeler and Laine and Schieffele, but the difference isn't the height. The difference is the talent.

Get me three 70 point + forwards, and i don't care what height they are.

Do you think Tampa cares that they have a bunch of sous-six guys? No cause those guys put up points.

The Habs issue isn't about lack of size, its a lack of offensive talent, specifically at Centre, and Left defence.
Not
Registered Broad

Post #9269 by Not » Mon May 07, 2018 12:51 pm

TittiesNBeer wrote:

Winnipeg has 9 players with talent in their top 9. Heck they have Roslovic waiting in the wings too.

If you find me a guy who is over six foot and skates like Ehlers or whoever, I'm not turning that down.

This team needs talent... and I'm not passing over a 5'11 guy in Trocheck who put up 70 points this year cause he's an inch too short. That's just dumb. Would you pass on 5'11 Sidney Crosby too? How far does it go that your number 1 C has to be over 6'0"

Also why the fuck we care about Winnipeg, we play them twice a year, and would only face them in the playoffs if we both made the cup final.

Don't build your team to beat one opponent, build your team to beat multiple opponents. Look at Tampa's forward group, Point, Johnson, Gourde are all midgets. Kucherov and Callahan are sous-six too. Not one forward on their roster is over 6'1". Their team is built on speed and skill.

We are not arguing size vs. talent dumbass

We are saying Size AND talent is better that midget talent.

Let's see how Tampa fares here on in.....

On this team - yes you take Trocheck - no one would argue differently but to say the new NHL is all talent independently of size is a crock of shit. Flavor of the day for the keyboard pundits and GM's.
TittiesNBeer
Registered Broad

Re: RE: Re: Befanas in Pyjamas

Post #9270 by TittiesNBeer » Mon May 07, 2018 12:53 pm

Not wrote:
TittiesNBeer wrote:

On this team - yes you take Trocheck - no one would argue differently but to say the new NHL is all talent independently of size is a crock of shit. Flavor of the day for the keyboard pundits and GM's.
Fuck off.

Now who is arguing things i never said. Obviously if you have a 6'2 guy and a 5'8 guy with the same talent you choose the size.

The point is thatis rarely... if ever... the choice. Florida isnt giving Barkov.

If you have a chance to get trocheck you take it.
Craig
Registered Broad

Post #9271 by Craig » Mon May 07, 2018 1:14 pm

TittiesNBeer wrote:
Not wrote:
TittiesNBeer wrote:

Fuck off.

Now who is arguing things i never said. Obviously if you have a 6'2 guy and a 5'8 guy with the same talent you choose the size.

The point is thatis rarely... if ever... the choice. Florida isnt giving Barkov.

If you have a chance to get trocheck you take it.

Have you ever considered having conversations with the people you are actually talking to?
Craig
Registered Broad

Post #9272 by Craig » Mon May 07, 2018 1:15 pm

Dog wrote:Why does Not keep calling Baker names?

Also, how tall is Steen?

An even 6 feet, he weighs in at 211.
Twitter bArt
Registered Broad

Post #9273 by Twitter bArt » Mon May 07, 2018 1:33 pm

Dog wrote:Also, how did that little fucker manage to get 70+ points and I’ve never even heard the name one before? I’m an avid hockey fan after all.

BTS

Twitter bArt
Registered Broad

Post #9274 by Twitter bArt » Mon May 07, 2018 1:33 pm

he's a 50 point guy most of the time

Craig
Registered Broad

Post #9275 by Craig » Mon May 07, 2018 1:35 pm

He's also 24, so it's very possible the 70 is the new norm.
Twitter bArt
Registered Broad

Post #9276 by Twitter bArt » Mon May 07, 2018 1:50 pm

Dog wrote:What’s a BTS?

ask AD

Twitter bArt
Registered Broad

Post #9277 by Twitter bArt » Mon May 07, 2018 1:50 pm

Craig wrote:He's also 24, so it's very possible the 70 is the new norm.

absolutely

TittiesNBeer
Registered Broad

Post #9278 by TittiesNBeer » Mon May 07, 2018 1:58 pm

Dog wrote:

Dude seems to be trending in the right direction too. Pretty linear. Increases production year over year. DO IT BOOB!

The trend is also a year and a half old. Not just one season. He really found his game in the second half of the 2016-17 season
Twitter bArt
Registered Broad

Post #9279 by Twitter bArt » Mon May 07, 2018 2:06 pm

I still think we are selling Patches short

AD

Post #9280 by AD » Mon May 07, 2018 2:09 pm

Dog wrote:What’s a BTS?

:facepalm:
AD

Post #9281 by AD » Mon May 07, 2018 2:10 pm

Dog wrote:AD, what’s a BTS?

:facepalm:
Not
Registered Broad

Post #9282 by Not » Mon May 07, 2018 2:10 pm

TittiesNBeer wrote:
Dog wrote:

Dude seems to be trending in the right direction too. Pretty linear. Increases production year over year. DO IT BOOB!

The trend is also a year and a half old. Not just one season. He really found his game in the second half of the 2016-17 season

Really? He was already a known quantity - chosen to the 2016 World Cup under 23 team ahead of Galchenyuk.
TittiesNBeer
Registered Broad

Post #9283 by TittiesNBeer » Mon May 07, 2018 2:14 pm

Not wrote:
TittiesNBeer wrote:
Dog wrote:

Really? He was already a known quantity - chosen to the 2016 World Cup under 23 team ahead of Galchenyuk.
He was a ~55 point player in 2015-16.

He started 2016-17 slow but took off in the second half of the year. That would be when i say he took the jump into being a player capable of producing 1st line numbers.
Macbeth
Registered Broad

Post #9284 by Macbeth » Mon May 07, 2018 2:17 pm

We really are seriously discussing swapping Porchetti for a 79 year old left winger from the Blues ?

Ok.
AD

Post #9285 by AD » Mon May 07, 2018 2:18 pm

I don't think we are Mac.
TittiesNBeer
Registered Broad

Post #9286 by TittiesNBeer » Mon May 07, 2018 2:18 pm

2016-17 season

January - March 32 points in 38 games
Though he did have just 1 goal in five games in April.

Also that season he was 23 points in 28 games vs West
31 points in 54 games vs East

This year.. his pre/post allstar game numbers are equivalent

33 points in 30 games vs West
42 points in 52 games vs East.

I bring the East/West numbers cause it is generally considered that the West is the bigger, tougher conference.... He doesn't seem to have an issue with "Big" competition based on those splits.
Twitter bArt
Registered Broad

Post #9287 by Twitter bArt » Mon May 07, 2018 2:29 pm

can anyone confirm Beaks numbers

TittiesNBeer
Registered Broad

Post #9288 by TittiesNBeer » Mon May 07, 2018 2:31 pm

Got them from hockeyreference.com

Pick the player and then hit splits... tgen the season you want.
Macbeth
Registered Broad

Post #9289 by Macbeth » Mon May 07, 2018 2:32 pm

AD wrote:I don't think we are Mac.

Well, yeah, fuck them anyway.
Twitter bArt
Registered Broad

Post #9290 by Twitter bArt » Mon May 07, 2018 2:32 pm

that seems like work for an intern

Twitter bArt
Registered Broad

Post #9291 by Twitter bArt » Mon May 07, 2018 2:33 pm

Twitter bArt wrote:that seems like work for an intern

this works for both Beak's last post as well as Mac's last post

Not
Registered Broad

Post #9292 by Not » Mon May 07, 2018 3:02 pm

TittiesNBeer wrote:
Not wrote:
TittiesNBeer wrote:

He was a ~55 point player in 2015-16.

He started 2016-17 slow but took off in the second half of the year. That would be when i say he took the jump into being a player capable of producing 1st line numbers.

:why:
AD

Post #9293 by AD » Mon May 07, 2018 3:04 pm

I hate all of you so much.

Not Not though. He's aces.
mcphee
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 143 times
Received rep: 439 times

Post #9294 by mcphee » Mon May 07, 2018 3:16 pm

AD wrote:I hate all of you so much.

Not Not though. He's aces.
Picture my face. You're staring at my large loveable countenance ? You can't hate me.
AD

Post #9295 by AD » Mon May 07, 2018 3:19 pm

I think you're beautiful on the outside, McPhee.
AD

Post #9296 by AD » Mon May 07, 2018 3:33 pm

Oh shut up dog.
AD

Post #9297 by AD » Mon May 07, 2018 3:33 pm

Wanna go for lunch?
Twitter bArt
Registered Broad

Post #9298 by Twitter bArt » Mon May 07, 2018 3:34 pm

Dog wrote:Has there been any credible rumours of a trade for this Tocchet fellows (as there has been for Steen) or are we just making shit up?

the rumor was Huberdeau.

Beak wants Trocchet

AD

Post #9299 by AD » Mon May 07, 2018 4:00 pm

Dog wrote:
AD wrote:Wanna go for lunch?

I already had lunch.

Too bad.
TittiesNBeer
Registered Broad

Post #9300 by TittiesNBeer » Mon May 07, 2018 4:08 pm

Dog wrote:Has there been any credible rumours of a trade for this Tocchet fellows (as there has been for Steen) or are we just making shit up?

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/31-thoughts-karlsson-pacioretty-deadline-deals-fell-flat/

Let’s start with some Max Pacioretty. Then, we will move on to Erik Karlsson.

After Montreal’s 1-0 shootout loss to Philadelphia on Monday night, an un-traded Pacioretty passionately addressed his future. Several hours earlier, he had dropped off son Max Jr. at daycare in a Canadiens jersey.

“I’m here to tell you guys that, honestly, I hope things can work out here,” the captain said.

Pacioretty told the media that he met with GM Marc Bergevin after the deadline. While whatever was said in that conversation remains private, there is no doubt it changed his outlook. In the days and weeks leading up to Monday, Pacioretty never explicitly demanded a trade, but his feelings were well-known inside the organization.

Frustrated and tired, he was ready to go.

Bergevin didn’t make it easy. He aimed high and never wavered. It’s believed that, when Los Angeles inquired, Bergevin’s ask involved Tyler Toffoli, 2017 first-rounder Gabriel Vilardi and possibly more. The Kings quickly said no. Another belief: He asked Minnesota for Charlie Coyle-plus, also a no.

One of Pacioretty’s preferred destinations is Florida. GM Dale Tallon is close with Bergevin. I suspect the Canadiens targeted Vincent Trocheck. The Panthers weren’t doing that.

You get the idea. Montreal valued Pacioretty and refused to make a panic move at the buzzer.

At the deadline Elliotte Freidman suggested that the Habs were trying to get Trocheck for Pacioretty, but the Panthers said no.

This is why I said give Pacioretty + something to get him.

Return to “The Beautiful Mens and the Whore From Smolensk”