Murrica: fuck yeah

..et d'autres discussions ennuyeuses
User avatar
Dog
Registered Broad
Posts: 57001
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:53 pm
Has given rep: 1606 times
Received rep: 1103 times

Re: Murrica: fuck yeah

Post #10751 by Dog » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:29 am

senate wrote:
Dog wrote:Trudeau’s insolence will carry a heavy fine:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trump-t ... -1.4702197

That ought to teach non nuclear countries not to talk back to dear leader.



There is a special place in hell for people who say they won't let Trump push them around?


Be a nice little vassal country and shut up....or else...
User avatar
Big Susf
Registered Broad
Posts: 4845
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:31 pm
Location: Big Susfs Island, New York
Has given rep: 918 times
Received rep: 707 times

Re: Murrica: fuck yeah

Post #10752 by Big Susf » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:32 am

Well, this is good at least for those families.

Trump told reporters that the remains of U.S. prisoners of war and those missing in action during the Korean War will also be returned.

Trump said he asked Kim to commit to returning the remains "and we got it."

The president said he has received "countless calls" and letters from family members asking him to help them receive the remains of their loved ones.


http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/06 ... tails.html

He should also get our Navy ship back. :colbert:
User avatar
Craig
Registered Broad
Posts: 39169
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:33 pm
Location: Toronto
Has given rep: 38 times
Received rep: 358 times

Re: Murrica: fuck yeah

Post #10753 by Craig » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:42 am

chicpea wrote:While I would be happy to see a pause in the destructive nature of brinkmanship on the peninsula (no one wants to see Seoul in a fiery ball; I have a lot of friends and loved ones there), I cannot for the life of me fathom what advantage disarmament does for either side militarily - and that's what it comes down to usually.

NK disarming leaves them extremely weak and likely dependent upon the aid that will come with the dismantling. The US withdrawing all its troops, otoh, hands the peninsula and the entire Eastern Front to China, among other things.

I just don't see it.

That said, talking is better than threatening. And if Pompeo has climbed down from his ultimatum of immediate and complete disarmament, we will have a long period of stalemate, which is better than constant nuclear taunting, but much the same as has been the past ten years.


Total disarmament is a tough sell, but nuclear disarmament is potentially viable. NK get a bunch of money, essentially, to limit their deterrent to fucktons of artillery that threatens a huge chunk of SKs population. It's still an effective deterrent, but it gives the West a little more safety because they're not threatening Japan or California any more.
User avatar
Big Susf
Registered Broad
Posts: 4845
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:31 pm
Location: Big Susfs Island, New York
Has given rep: 918 times
Received rep: 707 times

Re: Murrica: fuck yeah

Post #10754 by Big Susf » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:57 am

Kim wants the international coverage or respect in his eyes, our bombers to stop flying nearby, troop reduction/withdrawal and security for the regime which would mean not giving up any military edge to South Korea alone. Notice how Abe has kept close and kept quiet. Lets hope Trump is getting behind the scenes guidance because for the benefit of us all, an overall reduction in tension is good and he seems intent on doing so despite how much we might disagree with the angle taken. Human rights are not a concern of any US regimes anymore. They just Tweet a rare apology. They admit to only like a small fraction of the actual toll of civilian deaths in every arena of war open today.
User avatar
Big Susf
Registered Broad
Posts: 4845
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:31 pm
Location: Big Susfs Island, New York
Has given rep: 918 times
Received rep: 707 times

Re: Murrica: fuck yeah

Post #10755 by Big Susf » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:08 pm

User avatar
mooseOAK
Registered Broad
Posts: 2094
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:58 am
Has given rep: 28 times
Received rep: 244 times

Re: Murrica: fuck yeah

Post #10756 by mooseOAK » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:22 pm

Republicans have been wringing their hands about the growing Chinese military presence in that area and now Trump wants to abdicate the historical US responsibility to their allies. Must be more than one copy of the pee pee tape around.
User avatar
mayoradamwest
Registered Broad
Posts: 29752
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:38 pm
Has given rep: 318 times
Received rep: 156 times

Re: Murrica: fuck yeah

Post #10757 by mayoradamwest » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:33 pm

They apologized to Trudeau, sorta.
User avatar
Dog
Registered Broad
Posts: 57001
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:53 pm
Has given rep: 1606 times
Received rep: 1103 times

Re: Murrica: fuck yeah

Post #10758 by Dog » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:34 pm

mooseOAK wrote:Republicans have been wringing their hands about the growing Chinese military presence in that area and now Trump wants to abdicate the historical US responsibility to their allies. Must be more than one copy of the pee pee tape around.


Trump’s entire foreign policy seems to be about saving money at this point. He doesn’t seem to care much about maintaining alliances or even rules based international institutions or practices. Wild west, to each their own, eat what you kill.
User avatar
Dog
Registered Broad
Posts: 57001
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:53 pm
Has given rep: 1606 times
Received rep: 1103 times

Re: Murrica: fuck yeah

Post #10759 by Dog » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:36 pm

mayoradamwest wrote:They apologized to Trudeau, sorta.


Navarro clearly did for his « special place in hell » comment. More telling is that he stated that they are trying to project strenght, he just had a poor choice of words.
User avatar
jester
Registered Broad
Posts: 17495
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:38 pm
Has given rep: 9 times
Received rep: 102 times

Re: Murrica: fuck yeah

Post #10760 by jester » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:10 pm

Craig wrote:
chicpea wrote:While I would be happy to see a pause in the destructive nature of brinkmanship on the peninsula (no one wants to see Seoul in a fiery ball; I have a lot of friends and loved ones there), I cannot for the life of me fathom what advantage disarmament does for either side militarily - and that's what it comes down to usually.

NK disarming leaves them extremely weak and likely dependent upon the aid that will come with the dismantling. The US withdrawing all its troops, otoh, hands the peninsula and the entire Eastern Front to China, among other things.

I just don't see it.

That said, talking is better than threatening. And if Pompeo has climbed down from his ultimatum of immediate and complete disarmament, we will have a long period of stalemate, which is better than constant nuclear taunting, but much the same as has been the past ten years.


Total disarmament is a tough sell, but nuclear disarmament is potentially viable. NK get a bunch of money, essentially, to limit their deterrent to fucktons of artillery that threatens a huge chunk of SKs population. It's still an effective deterrent, but it gives the West a little more safety because they're not threatening Japan or California any more.


Yeah, I'll be fucking shocked if they ever give up their nukes. Nukes just bought em a meeting with POTUS, and a handful of concessions.
User avatar
Dog
Registered Broad
Posts: 57001
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:53 pm
Has given rep: 1606 times
Received rep: 1103 times

Re: Murrica: fuck yeah

Post #10761 by Dog » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:41 pm

jester wrote:

Total disarmament is a tough sell, but nuclear disarmament is potentially viable. NK get a bunch of money, essentially, to limit their deterrent to fucktons of artillery that threatens a huge chunk of SKs population. It's still an effective deterrent, but it gives the West a little more safety because they're not threatening Japan or California any more.


Yeah, I'll be fucking shocked if they ever give up their nukes. Nukes just bought em a meeting with POTUS, and a handful of concessions.


What’s your take on this, Jester? The administration actually expecting full denuclearization and inspections and whatnot and will get angry when/if they encounter resistance or they are fine with more cosmetic measures and banking on buying Kim to be less belligerent?

Or is this just about Trump towers on those beautiful north korean beaches?

:danson:
senate
Registered Broad
Posts: 7481
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:36 am
Has given rep: 255 times
Received rep: 343 times

Re: Murrica: fuck yeah

Post #10762 by senate » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:45 pm

4-D chess has nothing on Go.

User avatar
Dog
Registered Broad
Posts: 57001
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:53 pm
Has given rep: 1606 times
Received rep: 1103 times

Re: Murrica: fuck yeah

Post #10763 by Dog » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:48 pm

What’s the dual-track approach?
User avatar
mayoradamwest
Registered Broad
Posts: 29752
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:38 pm
Has given rep: 318 times
Received rep: 156 times

Re: Murrica: fuck yeah

Post #10764 by mayoradamwest » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:07 pm

Dog wrote:
mayoradamwest wrote:They apologized to Trudeau, sorta.


Navarro clearly did for his « special place in hell » comment. More telling is that he stated that they are trying to project strenght, he just had a poor choice of words.


Yeah... I dunno, sorry but I was projecting strength is a shitty apology. :rudy:
senate
Registered Broad
Posts: 7481
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:36 am
Has given rep: 255 times
Received rep: 343 times

Re: Murrica: fuck yeah

Post #10765 by senate » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:07 pm

Dog wrote:What’s the dual-track approach?


I think it means that the US, and maybe the South Koreans, have to give military/security concessions in exchange for North Korean denuclearization. So, North Korea only has to give up its nukes and ICBMs if the US leaves and the South Korean military gets weaker.
User avatar
Dog
Registered Broad
Posts: 57001
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:53 pm
Has given rep: 1606 times
Received rep: 1103 times

Re: Murrica: fuck yeah

Post #10766 by Dog » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:10 pm

Wouldn’t China be extatic about that!

This thing would make sense from that perspective, it would be completely China engineered.

You guys really going to retrench to Guam and leave the gap to China, Jester?
User avatar
Dog
Registered Broad
Posts: 57001
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:53 pm
Has given rep: 1606 times
Received rep: 1103 times

Re: Murrica: fuck yeah

Post #10767 by Dog » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:18 pm

mayoradamwest wrote:
Dog wrote:
mayoradamwest wrote:They apologized to Trudeau, sorta.


Navarro clearly did for his « special place in hell » comment. More telling is that he stated that they are trying to project strenght, he just had a poor choice of words.


Yeah... I dunno, sorry but I was projecting strength is a shitty apology. :rudy:


I think it’s fantastic. These people seem to be such idiots. He basically said « we are druming up drama to try to intimidate you, that’s our game plan, sorry for the poor choice of words though ».
User avatar
jester
Registered Broad
Posts: 17495
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:38 pm
Has given rep: 9 times
Received rep: 102 times

Re: Murrica: fuck yeah

Post #10768 by jester » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:24 pm

Dog wrote:
jester wrote:

Total disarmament is a tough sell, but nuclear disarmament is potentially viable. NK get a bunch of money, essentially, to limit their deterrent to fucktons of artillery that threatens a huge chunk of SKs population. It's still an effective deterrent, but it gives the West a little more safety because they're not threatening Japan or California any more.


Yeah, I'll be fucking shocked if they ever give up their nukes. Nukes just bought em a meeting with POTUS, and a handful of concessions.


What’s your take on this, Jester? The administration actually expecting full denuclearization and inspections and whatnot and will get angry when/if they encounter resistance or they are fine with more cosmetic measures and banking on buying Kim to being less belligerent?

Or is this just about Trump towers on those beautiful north korean beaches?

:danson:


I think Trump is a fool, and his NSA doesn't care because he'd prefer to drop bombs anyway. I also think Trump just cares about "wins," but that is a truly incoherent term. Scrapping the Iran deal and then doing this shit makes literally zero fucking sense. You add on that Trump was likely stung a bit about the G-7 coverage, so that added to the necessity to get a good outcome here.

Meanwhile, North Korea and China are getting exactly what they want across the board. Kim is going to string this along, but he isn't giving up his nukes.

I mean, in all seriousness, if you just consider the rhetoric directed at Trudeau and the "honor" of meeting a murderous despot ... fuck this guy. You meet with North Korea because it's the prudent thing to do, but there is nothing to celebrate at the personal level. The man is a monster and he runs a monstrous regime.
User avatar
Dog
Registered Broad
Posts: 57001
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:53 pm
Has given rep: 1606 times
Received rep: 1103 times

Re: Murrica: fuck yeah

Post #10769 by Dog » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:29 pm

jester wrote:The man is a monster and he runs a monstrous regime.


Who are you talking about?

:trump:
senate
Registered Broad
Posts: 7481
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:36 am
Has given rep: 255 times
Received rep: 343 times

Re: Murrica: fuck yeah

Post #10770 by senate » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:33 pm

Dog wrote:
jester wrote:The man is a monster and he runs a monstrous regime.


Who are you talking about?

:trump:


I assumed Trudeau.
User avatar
mayoradamwest
Registered Broad
Posts: 29752
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:38 pm
Has given rep: 318 times
Received rep: 156 times

Re: Murrica: fuck yeah

Post #10771 by mayoradamwest » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:15 pm

I’m glad peace can be achieved by trading military promises for photo ops.
User avatar
Dog
Registered Broad
Posts: 57001
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:53 pm
Has given rep: 1606 times
Received rep: 1103 times

Re: Murrica: fuck yeah

Post #10772 by Dog » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:30 pm

mayoradamwest wrote:I’m glad peace can be achieved by trading military promises for photo ops.


I wouldn’t be surprised that Trump is ready to pull out of the Korean Peninsula. He probably just sees it as an unecessary expense. I would be shocked if the US military/congress/security establishment would, though.

Not sure how SK and Japan would react.
senate
Registered Broad
Posts: 7481
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:36 am
Has given rep: 255 times
Received rep: 343 times

Re: Murrica: fuck yeah

Post #10773 by senate » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:49 pm

Dog wrote:I wouldn’t be surprised that Trump is ready to pull out of the Korean Peninsula. He probably just sees it as an unecessary expense. I would be shocked if the US military/congress/security establishment would, though.


Republicans aren't going to risk their reelection by offending Trump's supporters over something so silly and trivial like the national security of the United States of America.
User avatar
WTF
Registered Broad
Posts: 11364
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:34 pm
Has given rep: 256 times
Received rep: 435 times

Re: Murrica: fuck yeah

Post #10774 by WTF » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:58 pm

mayoradamwest wrote:I’m glad peace can be achieved by trading military promises for photo ops.


It wouldn't surprise me if there was some shitty real estate involved as well.

Cui bono?
User avatar
Craig
Registered Broad
Posts: 39169
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:33 pm
Location: Toronto
Has given rep: 38 times
Received rep: 358 times

Re: Murrica: fuck yeah

Post #10775 by Craig » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:37 pm

Suspending drills is one thing, and really not that bad in exchange for nukes. Pulling out of Korea entirely is bonkers. No way even Trump would do that.
User avatar
mayoradamwest
Registered Broad
Posts: 29752
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:38 pm
Has given rep: 318 times
Received rep: 156 times

Re: Murrica: fuck yeah

Post #10776 by mayoradamwest » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:53 pm

Craig wrote:Suspending drills is one thing, and really not that bad in exchange for nukes. Pulling out of Korea entirely is bonkers. No way even Trump would do that.


Was it really done in exchange for nukes? Someone should give him the Iran deal and tell him it’s the Trump plan for peace...
User avatar
Dog
Registered Broad
Posts: 57001
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:53 pm
Has given rep: 1606 times
Received rep: 1103 times

Re: Murrica: fuck yeah

Post #10777 by Dog » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:53 pm

Maybe he intends to only pull out half way?

:dunno:
User avatar
chicpea
Registered Broad
Posts: 17601
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:09 pm
Location: lagoons or ditches
Has given rep: 616 times
Received rep: 319 times

Re: Murrica: fuck yeah

Post #10778 by chicpea » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:21 pm

Craig wrote:Suspending drills is one thing, and really not that bad in exchange for nukes.


Only one of the above is on the table as far as I know. NK is not giving up nukes. They may destroy a symbolic "site" according to what I've read.
User avatar
WTF
Registered Broad
Posts: 11364
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:34 pm
Has given rep: 256 times
Received rep: 435 times

Re: Murrica: fuck yeah

Post #10779 by WTF » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:27 pm

Dog wrote:Maybe he intends to only pulls out half way?

:dunno:


Cohen's in enough trouble as it is. He doesn't have time for this shit.

:trump:
User avatar
mayoradamwest
Registered Broad
Posts: 29752
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:38 pm
Has given rep: 318 times
Received rep: 156 times

Re: Murrica: fuck yeah

Post #10780 by mayoradamwest » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:28 pm

Regan and Mulroney had a special relationship...

At least trump isn’t friends with Brian Mulroney.
User avatar
Big Susf
Registered Broad
Posts: 4845
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:31 pm
Location: Big Susfs Island, New York
Has given rep: 918 times
Received rep: 707 times

Re: Murrica: fuck yeah

Post #10781 by Big Susf » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:41 pm

They are still having exercises with South Korea.

Lawmakers, too, were looking for details. Republicans emerged from a meeting with Vice President Mike Pence wanting more information on which exercises were on hold. Colorado Sen. Corey Gardner said Pence told them that small-scale exercises would continue, but “war games will not.” Pence’s spokeswoman later denied that comment.

“There will be certain exercises that will continue.” Gardner told AP, adding he hoped “there’s further clarification what that means.” https://apnews.com/2d80cb7d512c49978e69 ... -are-scant
User avatar
Dog
Registered Broad
Posts: 57001
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:53 pm
Has given rep: 1606 times
Received rep: 1103 times

Re: Murrica: fuck yeah

Post #10782 by Dog » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:59 pm

He's just a massive idiot, isn't he? He freaking called them "provocative".

Everybody keeps saying, but I keep looking for method to the madness.

:why:
senate
Registered Broad
Posts: 7481
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:36 am
Has given rep: 255 times
Received rep: 343 times

Re: Murrica: fuck yeah

Post #10783 by senate » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:36 pm

I wonder if the TV on Airforce One showed this.

User avatar
PredsFan77
Posts: 37332
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:53 am
Location: 7 TIME LOUNGE JEOPARDY CHAMP!!!
Has given rep: 127 times
Received rep: 363 times

Re: Murrica: fuck yeah

Post #10784 by PredsFan77 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:37 pm

CDX.NA.IG.9









[LEFT]Image[/LEFT]
User avatar
Dog
Registered Broad
Posts: 57001
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:53 pm
Has given rep: 1606 times
Received rep: 1103 times

Re: Murrica: fuck yeah

Post #10785 by Dog » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:01 pm

senate wrote:I wonder if the TV on Airforce One showed this.



That also says that NK State TV states that trump agreed to "phased" denuclearization with "step-by-step and simultaneous action” and to reduce troops in SK.

Is it bad when you genuinely don't know who of North Korean State television or the potus you believe more? (disbelieve less?)
User avatar
Dog
Registered Broad
Posts: 57001
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:53 pm
Has given rep: 1606 times
Received rep: 1103 times

Re: Murrica: fuck yeah

Post #10786 by Dog » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:18 pm

I hadn't seen the video Trump showed Kim in full before.



I'm......I..........I have no more words.....

:why:
User avatar
Dr_Chimera
Registered Broad
Posts: 21667
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:50 pm
Has given rep: 103 times
Received rep: 298 times

Re: Murrica: fuck yeah

Post #10787 by Dr_Chimera » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:51 pm

Nobel Peace Prize to Trump confirmed.
User avatar
Big Susf
Registered Broad
Posts: 4845
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:31 pm
Location: Big Susfs Island, New York
Has given rep: 918 times
Received rep: 707 times

Re: Murrica: fuck yeah

Post #10788 by Big Susf » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:04 am

No matter what happens. We Broads gotta stick together. Broads Army if our Red Orange Dawn occurs.



Big D will be planting the Pumpkin IED's produced by RP :lemaire_scold:
Craig and Claw will run our recon through drones/AI
Predo and RTWAP in charge of the disinformation/electronic warfare campaign
Dog and AD our spies.
Chimera will also be a spy as a fake defector to the Russian/Trump axis feeding us their coordinates.
Chicpea in charge of propaganda as he is a masterful writer.
Senate can run the social media along with Boozer and Maw.
jester and MooseOak as Commanders.

Everyone else including me is cannon fodder unless you have a specific role in mind. Run it by General Artie.
User avatar
Slick Nick
Registered Broad
Posts: 8612
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:40 pm
Has given rep: 785 times
Received rep: 492 times

Re: Murrica: fuck yeah

Post #10789 by Slick Nick » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:03 am

Dr_Chimera wrote:Nobel Peace Prize to Trump confirmed.


GIVE HIM TWO
User avatar
Slick Nick
Registered Broad
Posts: 8612
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:40 pm
Has given rep: 785 times
Received rep: 492 times

Re: Murrica: fuck yeah

Post #10790 by Slick Nick » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:06 am

Imagine if we had Hillary bombing the hell out of some shithole in the Muslimistan and the whole liberal press going bubblegum... we would be bin right now, because we're bin when the liberal press tells us to be bin.
User avatar
Dog
Registered Broad
Posts: 57001
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:53 pm
Has given rep: 1606 times
Received rep: 1103 times

Re: Murrica: fuck yeah

Post #10791 by Dog » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:57 am

Slick Nick wrote:Imagine if we had Hillary bombing the hell out of some shithole in the Muslimistan and the whole liberal press going bubblegum... we would be bin right now, because we're bin when the liberal press tells us to be bin.


You’re like much better than this, whatever this ironic parroting of alt-right platitudes is.

If Trump is pursuing/willing to settle for some form of containment strategy, then this is fine.

If he thinks he can buy Kim with promises of condos to denuclearize and will feel double crossed when his « deal » doesn’t materialize, then we are in a whole heap of trouble.

The problem is that it’s now become extremely personal for Trump. He’s staked his personal credibility on this. IMHO, the situation with NK is now vastly more dangerous than it was under a tense containment strategy.

Lindsey Graham was on tv yesterday saying that Trump (as he) has ruled out a containment option and this is basically a last ditch attempt by Trump to make a deal before military action. That could just be a bluff/messaging to NK, but look at the stupid prep that went into this, doesn’t it very much feel like Trump thinks he can sell this as a real estate development deal? That would be incredibly naive, but there he was in front of the whole world exuding supreme confidence (and staking his personal brand) on being able to sell this to Kim. It actually looks the reverse, Trump was actually sold Kim and bought it completely because he’s a narcissistic fool. How is that likely to play out when Kim starts reneging and feet dragging and Trump starts thinking he’s being made a fool of? With people like John Bolton as NSA?

Do you think this is a well thought out containment strategy or does it seem more like Trump being Trump thinking he can close this deal with his extraordinary salesmanship abilities...as witnessed by that cringe worthy video where he evidently thinks he’s talking to a poor peasant?
User avatar
mayoradamwest
Registered Broad
Posts: 29752
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:38 pm
Has given rep: 318 times
Received rep: 156 times

Re: Murrica: fuck yeah

Post #10792 by mayoradamwest » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:58 am

Cohen’s lawyers quit. Reported he’s likely the cooperate with prosecutors
User avatar
Big Susf
Registered Broad
Posts: 4845
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:31 pm
Location: Big Susfs Island, New York
Has given rep: 918 times
Received rep: 707 times

Re: Murrica: fuck yeah

Post #10793 by Big Susf » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:12 pm

Dr_Chimera wrote:Nobel Peace Prize to Trump confirmed.


User avatar
Dog
Registered Broad
Posts: 57001
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:53 pm
Has given rep: 1606 times
Received rep: 1103 times

Re: Murrica: fuck yeah

Post #10794 by Dog » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:18 pm

Meh, nobel peace prize lost all meaning when they gave it to Obama for no reason.

:trump:
User avatar
jester
Registered Broad
Posts: 17495
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:38 pm
Has given rep: 9 times
Received rep: 102 times

Re: Murrica: fuck yeah

Post #10795 by jester » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:28 pm

Dog wrote:
Slick Nick wrote:Imagine if we had Hillary bombing the hell out of some shithole in the Muslimistan and the whole liberal press going bubblegum... we would be bin right now, because we're bin when the liberal press tells us to be bin.


You’re like much better than this, whatever this ironic parroting of alt-right platitudes is.

If Trump is pursuing/willing to settle for some form of containment strategy, then this is fine.

If he thinks he can buy Kim with promises of condos to denuclearize and will feel double crossed when his « deal » doesn’t materialize, then we are in a whole heap of trouble.

The problem is that it’s now become extremely personal for Trump. He’s staked his personal credibility on this. IMHO, the situation with NK is now vastly more dangerous than it was under a tense containment strategy.

Lindsey Graham was on tv yesterday saying that Trump (as he) has ruled out a containment option and this is basically a last ditch attempt by Trump to make a deal before military action. That could just be a bluff/messaging to NK, but look at the stupid prep that went into this, doesn’t it very much feel like Trump thinks he can sell this as a real estate development deal? That would be incredibly naive, but there he was in front of the whole world exuding supreme confidence (and staking his personal brand) on being able to sell this to Kim. It actually looks the reverse, Trump was actually sold Kim and bought it completely because he’s a narcissistic fool. How is that likely to play out when Kim starts reneging and feet dragging and Trump starts thinking he’s being made a fool of? With people like John Bolton as NSA?

Do you think this is a well thought out containment strategy or does it seem more like Trump being Trump thinking he can close this deal with his extraordinary salesmanship abilities...as witnessed by that cringe worthy video where he evidently thinks he’s talking to a poor peasant?


Graham isn't bluffing ... he's that much of a dipshit hawk. Happily, I don't think he represents much of a voting bloc in Congress.

Trump viewing everything as transactional is very dangerous in this area, as it fails to capture some of the more salient security elements at play. Real estate deals mean fuck all to Kim if it weakens his position. Guys like him end up dangling from ropes on the regular.
User avatar
Dog
Registered Broad
Posts: 57001
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:53 pm
Has given rep: 1606 times
Received rep: 1103 times

Re: Murrica: fuck yeah

Post #10796 by Dog » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:37 pm

Trump’s out tweeting that there is no longer a nuclear threat in NK. Like, seriously? Is he going to just pretend denuclearization?
User avatar
Dog
Registered Broad
Posts: 57001
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:53 pm
Has given rep: 1606 times
Received rep: 1103 times

Re: Murrica: fuck yeah

Post #10797 by Dog » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:40 pm

jester wrote:
Dog wrote:
Slick Nick wrote:Imagine if we had Hillary bombing the hell out of some shithole in the Muslimistan and the whole liberal press going bubblegum... we would be bin right now, because we're bin when the liberal press tells us to be bin.


You’re like much better than this, whatever this ironic parroting of alt-right platitudes is.

If Trump is pursuing/willing to settle for some form of containment strategy, then this is fine.

If he thinks he can buy Kim with promises of condos to denuclearize and will feel double crossed when his « deal » doesn’t materialize, then we are in a whole heap of trouble.

The problem is that it’s now become extremely personal for Trump. He’s staked his personal credibility on this. IMHO, the situation with NK is now vastly more dangerous than it was under a tense containment strategy.

Lindsey Graham was on tv yesterday saying that Trump (as he) has ruled out a containment option and this is basically a last ditch attempt by Trump to make a deal before military action. That could just be a bluff/messaging to NK, but look at the stupid prep that went into this, doesn’t it very much feel like Trump thinks he can sell this as a real estate development deal? That would be incredibly naive, but there he was in front of the whole world exuding supreme confidence (and staking his personal brand) on being able to sell this to Kim. It actually looks the reverse, Trump was actually sold Kim and bought it completely because he’s a narcissistic fool. How is that likely to play out when Kim starts reneging and feet dragging and Trump starts thinking he’s being made a fool of? With people like John Bolton as NSA?

Do you think this is a well thought out containment strategy or does it seem more like Trump being Trump thinking he can close this deal with his extraordinary salesmanship abilities...as witnessed by that cringe worthy video where he evidently thinks he’s talking to a poor peasant?


Graham isn't bluffing ... he's that much of a dipshit hawk. Happily, I don't think he represents much of a voting bloc in Congress.

Trump viewing everything as transactional is very dangerous in this area, as it fails to capture some of the more salient security elements at play. Real estate deals mean fuck all to Kim if it weakens his position. Guys like him end up dangling from ropes on the regular.


That video must have been so freaking insulting to Kim. NK/China must not believe their luck. The guy (the potus!) actually thinks he can sell this like a condo development deal. That has got to be the most ridiculous foreign policy approach ever.
User avatar
mayoradamwest
Registered Broad
Posts: 29752
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:38 pm
Has given rep: 318 times
Received rep: 156 times

Re: Murrica: fuck yeah

Post #10798 by mayoradamwest » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:00 pm

Dog wrote:Trump’s out tweeting that there is no longer a nuclear threat in NK. Like, seriously? Is he going to just pretend denuclearization?


To be fair, Obama did less for his nobel peace prize
User avatar
mayoradamwest
Registered Broad
Posts: 29752
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:38 pm
Has given rep: 318 times
Received rep: 156 times

Re: Murrica: fuck yeah

Post #10799 by mayoradamwest » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:02 pm

Dog wrote:
jester wrote:
Dog wrote:
You’re like much better than this, whatever this ironic parroting of alt-right platitudes is.

If Trump is pursuing/willing to settle for some form of containment strategy, then this is fine.

If he thinks he can buy Kim with promises of condos to denuclearize and will feel double crossed when his « deal » doesn’t materialize, then we are in a whole heap of trouble.

The problem is that it’s now become extremely personal for Trump. He’s staked his personal credibility on this. IMHO, the situation with NK is now vastly more dangerous than it was under a tense containment strategy.

Lindsey Graham was on tv yesterday saying that Trump (as he) has ruled out a containment option and this is basically a last ditch attempt by Trump to make a deal before military action. That could just be a bluff/messaging to NK, but look at the stupid prep that went into this, doesn’t it very much feel like Trump thinks he can sell this as a real estate development deal? That would be incredibly naive, but there he was in front of the whole world exuding supreme confidence (and staking his personal brand) on being able to sell this to Kim. It actually looks the reverse, Trump was actually sold Kim and bought it completely because he’s a narcissistic fool. How is that likely to play out when Kim starts reneging and feet dragging and Trump starts thinking he’s being made a fool of? With people like John Bolton as NSA?

Do you think this is a well thought out containment strategy or does it seem more like Trump being Trump thinking he can close this deal with his extraordinary salesmanship abilities...as witnessed by that cringe worthy video where he evidently thinks he’s talking to a poor peasant?


Graham isn't bluffing ... he's that much of a dipshit hawk. Happily, I don't think he represents much of a voting bloc in Congress.

Trump viewing everything as transactional is very dangerous in this area, as it fails to capture some of the more salient security elements at play. Real estate deals mean fuck all to Kim if it weakens his position. Guys like him end up dangling from ropes on the regular.


That video must have been so freaking insulting to Kim. NK/China must not believe their luck. The guy (the potus!) actually thinks he can sell this like a condo development deal. That has got to be the most ridiculous foreign policy approach ever.


Hey, maybe they had good intel on Kim’s vision board.
User avatar
Slick Nick
Registered Broad
Posts: 8612
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:40 pm
Has given rep: 785 times
Received rep: 492 times

Re: Murrica: fuck yeah

Post #10800 by Slick Nick » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:27 pm

Dog wrote:
Slick Nick wrote:Imagine if we had Hillary bombing the hell out of some shithole in the Muslimistan and the whole liberal press going bubblegum... we would be bin right now, because we're bin when the liberal press tells us to be bin.


You’re like much better than this, whatever this ironic parroting of alt-right platitudes is.

If Trump is pursuing/willing to settle for some form of containment strategy, then this is fine.

If he thinks he can buy Kim with promises of condos to denuclearize and will feel double crossed when his « deal » doesn’t materialize, then we are in a whole heap of trouble.

The problem is that it’s now become extremely personal for Trump. He’s staked his personal credibility on this. IMHO, the situation with NK is now vastly more dangerous than it was under a tense containment strategy.

Lindsey Graham was on tv yesterday saying that Trump (as he) has ruled out a containment option and this is basically a last ditch attempt by Trump to make a deal before military action. That could just be a bluff/messaging to NK, but look at the stupid prep that went into this, doesn’t it very much feel like Trump thinks he can sell this as a real estate development deal? That would be incredibly naive, but there he was in front of the whole world exuding supreme confidence (and staking his personal brand) on being able to sell this to Kim. It actually looks the reverse, Trump was actually sold Kim and bought it completely because he’s a narcissistic fool. How is that likely to play out when Kim starts reneging and feet dragging and Trump starts thinking he’s being made a fool of? With people like John Bolton as NSA?

Do you think this is a well thought out containment strategy or does it seem more like Trump being Trump thinking he can close this deal with his extraordinary salesmanship abilities...as witnessed by that cringe worthy video where he evidently thinks he’s talking to a poor peasant?


So I'm now alt-right (and quasi-nazi!!!) for pointing out that Clinton is a warmonger and that the press is too often complicit in promoting wars. Oh well..As for Best Korea, I always prefer dialogue to unlimited sanctions. I have no idea if Trump actually has a plan, but I do think that by at least having a solid channel of communication in place, there is a better chance of getting out of the 50 year long dead-end we're stuck in. I also believe that you exaggerate the roles of individual leaders in this type of process, and that you exaggerate the stupidity of both of them. I don't think that Kim is a super villain who's about to nuke the world or that Trump is as much of an imbecile as we portray him. In the end, I also think that it should be up to peoples of Korea to reach an agreement, not people in Beijing or Washington.. although that might be wishful thinking.

I see this summit as simply a first step in the right direction, I don't expect any concrete agreement or significant advancement in either denuclearization, reunification or american withdrawal from the peninsula. It's just the first step, of a very lengthy and complex process. All I wish from here is that there's a continuity with the next american administration and not a sudden change of policy like we saw with Cuba.

Return to “Le mur de messages”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest