Hossa
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 2 times
Received rep: 28 times

Re: Miss Callaneous' Senatorial Grabuge 2

Post #3551 by Hossa » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:05 am

Germz wrote:
Ricard_Persson wrote:The boys.

I was just about to shut the game off after two periods as it was one of the worst you’ll ever see and mike McKenna was in nets. The game was on in the background and I did witness the last ten minutes in an impressive, puck luck win. Shocking.

I did shut it off. Stunned to see they pulled out a win. Good for McKenna.

Tkachuk is the real deal.

I've been watching most of the games and the team really has been playing like trash most of the time, except for some bursts of offensive excitement led by a small group (Duchene, Stone, Chabot, Tkachuk, Dzingel). But good to snap the losing skid.

I'm optimistic that Pyatt is finally on his way off the regular roster.

Really? Not that fourth line forwards are really what matter, but based on the last few games it still appears that Boucher will continue to lean on Pyatt until he's fired or Dorion moves him off the NHL roster, whichever comes first. Same as MSP it would appear.

The team's in an odd position. They're competitively in the lower half of the huge middle class of the league at this point, and the question is how long they can remain there. Only the Kings are comfortably in the league's basement, but teams like Vancouver, Chicago and New Jersey are trending downwards, and one can only hope we don't join them soon.

That small group you mentioned is the reason for optimism though, plus the early returns from White, Batherson and DeMelo. If the kids keep developing and if they can sign Duchene and Stone, it becomes a matter of rounding out the bottom half of the roster.
Ricard_Persson
Has given rep: 70 times
Received rep: 96 times

Post #3552 by Ricard_Persson » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:17 am

Drake Batherson is going to be so good. I'm surprised how comfortable he looks, playing on a top nhl line after about 2 months pro hockey experience.

He's so smart and sees the ice so well. His short passes are exceptional. He has a few backhand saucer passes on a tee and it just isn't something that you see often from a young player. He'll need to work on strength as most do but he's so smart...he has a little mark stone look with that late pick that was way high on IQ.
MP
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 164 times
Received rep: 427 times

Post #3553 by MP » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:01 am

Ricard_Persson wrote:Is $7 million for Nylander considered a win for the Leafs?

I'd think so.
The Bytown Boozer
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 263 times
Received rep: 160 times

Post #3554 by The Bytown Boozer » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:46 am

I disagree and also fuck the Leafs. They're barely at a contender level at this point, and they simply don't have the back-end folks.

If u want to crown them, then by all means play along & crown them. I simply won't play along with this.

Columbus/Buffalo Eastern semi-final is how I'm calling it this year. Not sure how the Sens will do yet. It's been interesting. A reminder that despite the lunacy up top, this team always drafts well. What the Sens really need to start doing is holding on to those picks and not trading them away for Chrisster Olsson. A tricky proposition, certainly.

This Ottawa HC has been hemorrhaging mostly European HHOF talent for 2 & a half decades at this point, and that shit really needs to stop. I can only pray that perhaps someday our dear Sens can be owned by some soulless, evil conglomerates such as the Ted Rogers Company or CTVGLOBEMEDIA.com. Guy Laliberté is fucking crazy, btw.
AD
Has given rep: 777 times
Received rep: 920 times

Post #3555 by AD » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:01 am

You mean the guy who was a homeless street performer in the Montreal metro, became a billionaire, throws coke parties for F1 drivers every year and wants to waste all his money to fly himself to the moon?

I mean, he sounds like the perfect owner.
mayoradamwest
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 391 times
Received rep: 194 times

Post #3556 by mayoradamwest » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:18 pm

At least he isn't a Pepsi person. :dunno:
senate
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 261 times
Received rep: 441 times

Post #3557 by senate » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:18 pm

I can't imagine what it would be like to have a Senators owner with a substance abuse problem.
AD
Has given rep: 777 times
Received rep: 920 times

Post #3558 by AD » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:18 pm

I never said he had a problem.
Ricard_Persson
Has given rep: 70 times
Received rep: 96 times

Post #3559 by Ricard_Persson » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:42 pm

The Macoy Erkamps era is officially over in Ottawa.

Return to “Ottawa Senators”