Befanas in Pyjamas

And some artists..
TittiesNBeer
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 560 times
Received rep: 318 times

Re: Befanas in Pyjamas

Post #10451 by TittiesNBeer » Thu May 17, 2018 11:08 pm

Jeff Marek says that a former first round pick, "a high pick" from "a very, very prominent NHL team" is addicted to video games, and unlikely to make the NHL as a result. He will play video games all night and then not have any energy for games or practices. "this information is actually a year old".

Everything seems to point to Olli Juolevi.
Macbeth
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 614 times
Received rep: 547 times

Post #10452 by Macbeth » Fri May 18, 2018 1:36 am

This is... I mean... we live in a very interesting time line.
Dog
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 1821 times
Received rep: 1212 times

Post #10453 by Dog » Fri May 18, 2018 7:50 am

Macbeth wrote:This is... I mean... we live in a very interesting time line.

No kidding. In what universe are the Canucks considered a « very, very prominent NHL team »?
Mufasa
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 504 times
Received rep: 875 times

Post #10454 by Mufasa » Fri May 18, 2018 8:04 am

It's not Jolovi as he's not a junior player and Marek said the mystery mens is a good junior player.
TittiesNBeer
Registered Broad

Post #10455 by TittiesNBeer » Fri May 18, 2018 8:33 am

Mufasa wrote:It's not Jolovi as he's not a junior player and Marek said the mystery mens is a good junior player.

He said the information was 1 year old. Juolevo was a junior player one year ago in london.

He also is still technically a junior as he played in the most recent world juniors.
Mufasa
Registered Broad

Post #10456 by Mufasa » Fri May 18, 2018 8:42 am

TittiesNBeer wrote:
Mufasa wrote:It's not Jolovi as he's not a junior player and Marek said the mystery mens is a good junior player.

He said the information was 1 year old. Juolevo was a junior player one year ago in london.

He also is still technically a junior as he played in the most recent world juniors.

He said "he is" a junior player.
TittiesNBeer
Registered Broad

Re: RE: Re: Befanas in Pyjamas

Post #10457 by TittiesNBeer » Fri May 18, 2018 8:46 am

Mufasa wrote:
TittiesNBeer wrote:

He said "he is" a junior player.
He just played at the world juniors.
TittiesNBeer
Registered Broad

Post #10458 by TittiesNBeer » Fri May 18, 2018 9:15 am

"Very Very Prominent Team" If we look at these as... .Original 6, all of canada, and add Philly, LA, St. Louis, Pittsburgh, Washington to the mix as very prominent

"High Pick" Lets cut it off at 20 shall we. Lets also exclude players already in the NHL.

Who does that leave

Vilardi - had a huge season
Rasmussen - had a decent season, had a monster playoffs
Valimaki - had a big season
Thomas - had a big season

Juolevi - was a bit disappointing in his D+1 year, his NHL team decided he should go to play at home rather than another year in London
Logan Brown - tough D+1 year, but D+2 year was big
Logan Stanley - had a big year
Dennis Cholowoski - drafted out of BCHL, went to college for D+1, went WHL for D+2, had a pretty good year.

There is only one name that stands out.
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #10459 by Dog » Fri May 18, 2018 9:26 am

Why the fuck would the Sentors or Jets or Canooks or Flames be considered a very, very prominent team?

Seriously, you try too hard. Well, that’s ok. It’s not that. It’s that you do it disingenuously. You don’t care about getting to the correct answer, you care about being right. So you twist and turn arguments to fit your narrative.

Very, very prominent is a high bar. They’d only be a handful that should qualify, and not all Canadian teams would. Now, it may have been hyperbole by whoever used the term. That’s possible. Media guys hyperbole. So, you may be right. But only if (i) hyperbole was used to describe the prominance of the canooks and (ii) very loose language was used to describe who is a junior player. That’s certainly possible. But then it would be your guy inspite of a poorly worded quote not because the quote necessarily points to your guy.
TittiesNBeer
Registered Broad

Post #10460 by TittiesNBeer » Fri May 18, 2018 9:34 am

Dog wrote:Why the fuck would the Sentors or Jets or Canooks or Flames be considered a very, very prominent team?

Seriously, you try too hard. Well, that’s ok. It’s not that. It’s that you do it disingenuously. You don’t care about getting to the correct answer, you care about being right. So you twist and turn arguments to fit your narrative.

Very, very prominent is a high bar. They’d only be a handful that should qualify, and not all Canadian teams would. Now, it may have been hyperbole by whoever used the term. That’s possible. Media guys hyperbole. So, you may be right. But only if (i) hyperbole was used to describe the prominance of the canooks and (ii) very loose language was used to describe who is a junior player. That’s certainly possible. But then it would be your guy inspite of a poorly worded quote not because the quote necessarily points to your guy.

First off, being an NHL team in the third biggest city in Canada... and the podcast being produced by a Canadian network, i think that is very prominent for their audience... but i digress...

To prove my point, I've expanded the list of "very prominent" to almost half the league and listed all the players taken by those teams in the top 20 picks of the NHL draft, and who have played Junior hockey in the last two seasons, and are not currently in the NHl. The list is 8 players deep.

Is this being disingenious? I've given a very liberal definition of "very prominent" and then listed every possible player under that definition.

You have a very strange definition of disingenious when I listed every possible fucking candidate under the liberal definitions of both "very prominent NHL team" (I included half the league), and "first round pick, a high pick" (i went to 20 for high first rounders).

Tell me then... who it could be if its not Juolevi? Who is that high first round pick, who is struggling in junior?
TittiesNBeer
Registered Broad

Post #10461 by TittiesNBeer » Fri May 18, 2018 9:38 am

Hell if you want to go past 20 and expand the definition of high pick and prominent you get

Max Jones... who is on twitch all the time... and he tweeted that it was not him. He correctly points out, hey if i was addicted to video games, why would i broadcast to my team that I'm on twitch playing video games over a live stream? He's not the guy. And anaheim is not prominent

German Rubtsov, a Flyers pick in the mid 20s... drafted out of russia, now playing for chicoutimi, disappointing but not terrible numbers.... he doesn't fit the high pick criteria though.

thats it...

Those are the candidates. I've listed for you every other possible candidate for this, under very liberal definitions.... and you say I'm disingenious and trying to manipulate it so it only fits my guy?

Fuck that.

Here is what you are left with.

1) A guy drafted out of russia, who came to the QMJHL after his draft, who was the Flyers pick, and taken in the mid-20s.
2) or the guy drafted out of the OHL, whose team decided his OHL development wasn't going well enough and sent him to Finland instead, who was a top 5 pick, by the Canucks, and who had a teammate give an awkward interview where he said Juolevi has a bad habit of playing video games at all hours of the night, and then tried to walk that statement back.

Thats the option.

Tell me where I'm disingenious here.
Craig
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 41 times
Received rep: 418 times

Post #10462 by Craig » Fri May 18, 2018 9:41 am

Oh my God, who gives a fuck?
TittiesNBeer
Registered Broad

Post #10463 by TittiesNBeer » Fri May 18, 2018 9:47 am

Craig wrote:Oh my God, who gives a fuck?

No one gives a fuck about the best kitchen utensils, or whatever free will and physics bullshit the dog is on about...
Retardé S
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 1020 times
Received rep: 993 times

Post #10464 by Retardé S » Fri May 18, 2018 9:49 am

I do. I give a fuck, Greg.
Craig
Registered Broad

Post #10465 by Craig » Fri May 18, 2018 9:58 am

Retardé S wrote:

Then you're an idiot.
Mufasa
Registered Broad

Post #10466 by Mufasa » Fri May 18, 2018 10:00 am

Greg setting up a trap to have another opportunity to call people idiots... what a cunt.
Craig
Registered Broad

Post #10467 by Craig » Fri May 18, 2018 10:01 am

TittiesNBeer wrote:

No one gives a fuck about the best kitchen utensils, or whatever free will and physics bullshit the dog is on about...

Irrelevant. Your normal, awful, shtick of resorting to whataboutism when people call you out for being insufferable.
Craig
Registered Broad

Post #10468 by Craig » Fri May 18, 2018 10:02 am

Mufasa wrote:Greg setting up a trap to have another opportunity to call people idiots... what a cunt.

A cunning, mischievous trap. I'm like Machiavelli and Moriarty rolled into one.
Retardé S
Registered Broad

Re: RE: Re: Befanas in Pyjamas

Post #10469 by Retardé S » Fri May 18, 2018 10:02 am

Craig wrote:
Retardé S wrote:

Then you're an idiot.
Says who? The knives guy? Please...
Retardé S
Registered Broad

Post #10470 by Retardé S » Fri May 18, 2018 10:18 am

You have to be a dunce not to realize it's Juolevi. It clearly is Juolevi.
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #10471 by Dog » Fri May 18, 2018 10:22 am

We all have our trigger points for long posts.

:mkbét:

Beak, the disingenuousness comes from playing around with what’s a junior player and a very, very prominent team to fit your narrative. Notice above, you went from « he was a junior last year and he said a year ago » to mu correcting you that he said junior this year to you magically dropping the last year bit and focusing on wjc. You may be right. The quote may very simply not be very carefully worded. But that’s not what you say. You just reorganize your argument to fit the narrative. You « forget » what doesn’t fit and reframe what does. Same for the « very, very prominent » bit. That narrows the playing field, it doesn’t broaden it like you’re doing.

This little piece of internet advise is not about the substance of this issue. I don’t know who any of these people are. You could well be right. It’s about arguing style. Instead of being upfront and saying « yeah, this and that piece don’t quite fit, but I think the commentator was being liberal with language and I still think it’s him for this and that reason ». That’s fine. That’s great. The disingenuous style comes from sweeping under the carpet what doesn’t fit and rearanging what does. I don’t even think you do it consciously. It steams from a « must win » mentality rather than a « let’s get to the bottomnof this, whatever that may be » mentality.

Also, I love you. Know that. Not personal. Just pet peeved seeing how you were responding to mu here (which I find symptomatic of a broader style). Just trying to help.
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #10472 by Dog » Fri May 18, 2018 10:22 am

Retardé S wrote:You have to be a dunce not to realize it's Juolevi. It clearly is Juolevi.

Who the fuck is Juolevi?
Mufasa
Registered Broad

Post #10473 by Mufasa » Fri May 18, 2018 10:31 am

Dog wrote:
Retardé S wrote:You have to be a dunce not to realize it's Juolevi. It clearly is Juolevi.

Who the fuck is Juolevi?

Most NHL ready defencemens of the 2016 draft.
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #10474 by Dog » Fri May 18, 2018 10:35 am

Mufasa wrote:
Dog wrote:

Who the fuck is Juolevi?

Most NHL ready defencemens of the 2016 draft.

In NHL17?
Mufasa
Registered Broad

Post #10475 by Mufasa » Fri May 18, 2018 11:51 am

I like Patch, but I prefer opening the loot box coming back.
Macbeth
Registered Broad

Post #10476 by Macbeth » Fri May 18, 2018 12:57 pm

Dog wrote:

We all have our trigger points for long posts.

:mkbét:

Beak, the disingenuousness comes from playing around with what’s a junior player and a very, very prominent team to fit your narrative. Notice above, you went from « he was a junior last year and he said a year ago » to mu correcting you that he said junior this year to you magically dropping the last year bit and focusing on wjc. You may be right. The quote may very simply not be very carefully worded. But that’s not what you say. You just reorganize your argument to fit the narrative. You « forget » what doesn’t fit and reframe what does. Same for the « very, very prominent » bit. That narrows the playing field, it doesn’t broaden it like you’re doing.

This little piece of internet advise is not about the substance of this issue. I don’t know who any of these people are. You could well be right. It’s about arguing style. Instead of being upfront and saying « yeah, this and that piece don’t quite fit, but I think the commentator was being liberal with language and I still think it’s him for this and that reason ». That’s fine. That’s great. The disingenuous style comes from sweeping under the carpet what doesn’t fit and rearanging what does. I don’t even think you do it consciously. It steams from a « must win » mentality rather than a « let’s get to the bottomnof this, whatever that may be » mentality.

Also, I love you. Know that. Not personal. Just pet peeved seeing how you were responding to mu here (which I find symptomatic of a broader style). Just trying to help.

Like I said, he is a Storm Front poster.
Retardé S
Registered Broad

Post #10477 by Retardé S » Fri May 18, 2018 12:59 pm

Dog wrote:

Who the fuck is Juolevi?

It's Juolevi

Juolevi man

you don't know Juolevi?
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #10478 by Dog » Fri May 18, 2018 1:19 pm

I don’t know Juolevi.

:(
Retardé S
Registered Broad

Post #10479 by Retardé S » Fri May 18, 2018 1:24 pm

Dog wrote:I don’t know Juolevi.

:(

Twitter bArt
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 271 times
Received rep: 439 times

Post #10480 by Twitter bArt » Fri May 18, 2018 1:34 pm

Dog wrote:

Who the fuck is Juolevi?

the guy Bergevin would have traded for Drouin had we drafted higher
:mkbét::lr: :lr:

OOOH yeah life goes on, long after the thrill of Vinny is gone

It's too bad all the people that could really run the Habs are busy doing talk radio, writing blogs or posting on message boards.

Now, Lajoie is an imbecile, a cretin and a plagiarist, who to use author Dany Laferrière's deliciously withering expression, "lives beyond his intellectual means."

...as serious as a poutine shortage in Chicoutimi during a curling bonspiel...

Haddock wrote:I wouldn't know anything about that. I gave my soul up when I swore allegiance to the goddamn queen.

:lr: :lr: :lr:
TittiesNBeer
Registered Broad

Post #10481 by TittiesNBeer » Mon May 21, 2018 9:34 pm

Twitter bArt
Registered Broad

Post #10482 by Twitter bArt » Mon May 21, 2018 10:14 pm

that's not a befana

It's too bad all the people that could really run the Habs are busy doing talk radio, writing blogs or posting on message boards.

Now, Lajoie is an imbecile, a cretin and a plagiarist, who to use author Dany Laferrière's deliciously withering expression, "lives beyond his intellectual means."

Haddock wrote:I wouldn't know anything about that. I gave my soul up when I swore allegiance to the goddamn queen.

Twitter bArt
Registered Broad

Post #10483 by Twitter bArt » Mon May 21, 2018 10:16 pm

this is a befana

hearing speculation that Kovalchuk *could* end up with the Islanders.

Retardé S
Registered Broad

Post #10484 by Retardé S » Mon May 21, 2018 10:20 pm

Twitter bArt wrote:that's not a befana

what's a befana
Twitter bArt
Registered Broad

Post #10485 by Twitter bArt » Mon May 21, 2018 10:23 pm

:SMH:

Dog
Registered Broad

Post #10486 by Dog » Mon May 21, 2018 10:34 pm

If we hire Lou, can we get Tavares?
Mufasa
Registered Broad

Post #10487 by Mufasa » Mon May 21, 2018 10:38 pm

Dog wrote:If we hire Lou, can we get Tavares?

If a Habs fan can pull a Stone cold stunner on Lou in his office and get out of the building without getting caught, we are legally under contract with Tavares.
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #10488 by Dog » Mon May 21, 2018 10:39 pm

I don’t know what any of that means.
Twitter bArt
Registered Broad

Post #10489 by Twitter bArt » Mon May 21, 2018 10:43 pm

it means Mu is going under cover

Twitter bArt
Registered Broad

Post #10490 by Twitter bArt » Mon May 21, 2018 10:44 pm

secret covert operation

Mufasa
Registered Broad

Post #10491 by Mufasa » Mon May 21, 2018 10:44 pm

Dog wrote:I don’t know what any of that means.

It's a CBA loophole put in by Vincent Damphouse as he thought he could get the job as the Habs GM when they were negoticiating the CBA. He's actualy the only one to know about it, it's writen in invisible ink on the official documents.
TittiesNBeer
Registered Broad

Post #10492 by TittiesNBeer » Mon May 21, 2018 11:56 pm

Mufasa wrote:
Dog wrote:I don’t know what any of that means.

It's a CBA loophole put in by Vincent Damphouse as he thought he could get the job as the Habs GM when they were negoticiating the CBA. He's actualy the only one to know about it, it's writen in invisible ink on the official documents.

Why are you giving away Damphousse's plan? this is supposed to be secret shit.
PPJ
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 79 times
Received rep: 133 times

Post #10493 by PPJ » Tue May 22, 2018 9:41 am

Twitter bArt wrote:it means Mu is going under cover

Going undercover would render his ceiling mirror almost useless
Macbeth
Registered Broad

Post #10494 by Macbeth » Tue May 22, 2018 10:43 am

WE RESIGNED NIEMI

LUNEGRAINE IS GONE

THE CAROLINE PROFESSIE IS COMING THRU
Shawnathan Horcoff
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 529 times
Received rep: 709 times

Post #10495 by Shawnathan Horcoff » Tue May 22, 2018 10:52 am

Niemi will post a .687 over eleven appearances. Image
Also, let's keep this thread about Galchenyuk's on-ice performance, development and value and NOT bring in his personal life or race.
Dog
Registered Broad

Post #10496 by Dog » Tue May 22, 2018 11:08 am

This is good. We need to secure next year’s seth jones on top of this year’s seth jones!
PPJ
Registered Broad
Has given rep: 79 times
Received rep: 133 times

Post #10497 by PPJ » Tue May 22, 2018 11:41 am

Dog wrote:This is good. We need to secure next year’s seth jones on top of this year’s seth jones!

Juolovi was his years Seth Jones
TittiesNBeer
Registered Broad

Post #10498 by TittiesNBeer » Wed May 23, 2018 12:23 am

Jan Kovar is leaving the KHL in search of NHL opportunity
Macbeth
Registered Broad

Post #10499 by Macbeth » Wed May 23, 2018 12:30 am

Jiri Sekovar.
Twitter bArt
Registered Broad

Post #10500 by Twitter bArt » Fri May 25, 2018 9:12 am

InsideSource

Hearing today that #Lightning will take calls on RFA J.T Miller. I believe teams like #Habs and #Blues would be interested

Return to “The Beautiful Mens and the Whore From Smolensk”